SAU Community

Engine Firewall Blue Plate

pushead

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the japanese ID tag.....if a car doesnt have one ...its a possibility that a car is running around in japan with the identity of that paticular car on it......Usually this happens with more expensive cars such as GTR's or NSX's

Dudes, i know of this particular car in question (not the one pictured) ... it is complianced and has the compliance plate but there is no build plate/id tag... hence funkymonkey, how would this have complied.

I guess the question is, would buying such a car be an issue?

I remember reading an article in HPI about R33 N1s - saying many of the original cars don't have the plates as they are often stolen and put onto other 'normal' GTRs for them to be sold at a higher price as an N1 - dodgy.

Hence, a car with the id plate missing isn't such a big issue, rather a car with the wrong id plate maybe.

A major reason why the id plate maybe missing is because the car is complianced as a different year due to the limited number of compliance plates...... hence they have to remove the id plate.... that in itself is dodgy, but once complied and registered, then it's no hassles... so i have been told.

Guest RedLineGTR
I remember reading an article in HPI about R33 N1s - saying many of the original cars don't have the plates as they are often stolen and put onto other 'normal' GTRs for them to be sold at a higher price as an N1 - dodgy.

Yep thats true heard about that, read the article :rofl:

that's a really good point about the authenticity....

i'm actually in the position of purchasing a brilliant car and the only thing that is of concern is the missing id tag...

i guess it's just a decision of whether you want a good quality car or an authentic car.