SAU Community

Genuine Nissan 7.5w30 engine oil

Greg

is the genuine nissan 7.5w30 engine oil any good? i just changed my oil for this stuff on the weekend...but i have no idea how to tell if its doing the engine good! It's only $29.95 for 5L so if this stuff is alright then I'm going to be using it from now on :P

cheers

greg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RedLineGTR

its what is in the user manual. But thier are much better brand out thier. U can get "GTR" oil nismo branded but made by Motul for like 80 bucks a litre if your keen on nismo stuff.

Its what nissan say u should use.

Nissan also say your car only outputs 185-206kw too. And they say the drain interval is 10000km :)

I wouldn't use it unless my car were stock. As it is, I pay more for some better stuff and change it twice as often.

Nissan also say your car only outputs 185-206kw too. And they say the drain interval is 10000km :rofl:

I wouldn't use it unless my car were stock. As it is, I pay more for some better stuff and change it twice as often.

for the RB25DE the recommended drain interval is 15,000 km :bs!: i change it every 5,000 km, of course. on the bottle is says to change oil in turbo engines every 5000km. the only mods i have done are full exhaust system and pod filter so internally there would be no more stress on the engine than a stock one (i think?!). anyway thanks for all the replies :O

Guest RedLineGTR

In a general opinion i would change it at 10,000km for a n/a and 5000km for a turbo u can never change your oill to much thoe. The fresher with less particles the better. So whatevers in your budget. :rofl:

the mechanic who did my major service put in penzoil synth 15-40 in my car. my suggestion is not to use that oil as at mid rpms, say 3500+ on the highway, the pressure is real low. it seem that at that amount of constant revs (hume hwy) the oil either broke down/foamed badly or was to thick to drain down through the motor at speed the pump was putting it back at the top.

i'm about to head up the gold coast & i'll be changing back to helix 0-40 as the oil pressure was much more constant and stayed higher on the gauge

• 1 month later...

I recently changed the oil in my r33 GTST to Penzoil Synthetic 15 - 30.

I don't know what sort of oil was in there before but the 15 30w hangs around the 2 mark on the pressure guage at idle and rarely above 4 on freeway driving. The previous oil would idle round 4 and be around the 5 - 6 mark at 3000rpm. Some people have told me its bad to have low oil pressure but can't tell my why other than the obvious NO OIL!!

cyphen, the oil pressures you mention sound about right. oil pressure of 2-3 once warmed up is perfectly healthy and normal. when warm mine idles at about 1

Greg, what oil do you use? On mine idle is a little bit less than 2, and between 2-4 when cruising, and up to 4-5 when accelerating. Maybe can even reach 6 on very hard launch.