SAU Community

Powerfc + A-lsd in R33

Moanie

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes pfc installed and tunes with stock turbo, to be retuned with new turbo and the a-lsd doesent come on the dash. DOnt know if i even have that ligght on the dash panel

Yeap...thats what i have Strich9ine....slip and a-lsd light...and the a-lsd light keeps coming on....when i check it out, it says the tps needs changing...but i got it changed and its still happenin! which is why i think the powerfc might not support a-lsd or something....

Hi There.

You are a very lucky man to have an R33 with A-LSD. Rare option, about $5,000 from the factory! It magically splits the torque between the two rear wheels to make sure maximum traction is delivered. A very very fancy LSD.

The A-LSD actually has a seperate computer behind the back seat. I'm not sure what sort of outputs from the standard computer it needs, but TPS sounds like a logical one it would need.

Have a look behind your seat and compare it to a mates who doesn't have that option. You will see the difference.

BASS OUT

Lucky girl you mean :)

Yeap...already spotted the ecu that controls the a-lsd...the ecu was telling me that there was a problem with the tps. I swapped out the tps, but the light is still on...now, the missing link here is the engine ecu (powerfc)...everything else is working fine...so thats why i'm thinking it might be something to do powerfc not supporting a-lsd :)

also forgot to mention that while i had my orginal ecu, i did not have this problem...

any other suggestions anyone?!

hey

http://www.apexi.com.au/ takes you to unique autosports.

http://www.apexi.com takes you to the us site, with a link to Japan.

You could start there I guess.

Where did you get it tuned.... they should know.

I've got a better idea though........ make a strip of oil on the road for one wheel, then accellerate over it and if it spins the whole way, then the A-LSD isn't working. If it takes off nicely, then its working....

BASS OUT

whats up with the apexi site going to unique!!!!!!!

Tried the US site...they only have numbers...might call them...the japan site is in japanese ;) can you read japanese?! maybe you can e-mail them for me :)

Hmm...thats another thing...i haven't had the car properly tuned...have always had a slipping clutch so there was no point...thats fixed now...but now no money ;)

As for you test...thats already scheduled to happen this weekend :)

I have the hydrolic diff in my car as well. The two little lights on the dash.

That is a really interesting question that I never really thought about then thinking about ordering a pfc. I've just asked my mechanic and he's going to be back to me and when I have an answer I'll let you know moanie.

PS. Dont break your diff. They are ****en expensive to fix! Trust me.

As I've said before,

The Active LSD has it's own computer next to the battery in the boot.

I don't see how it can have anything to do with the PowerFC.

Are you sure the problem lies with the PowerFC? Have you actually sat there and done this?

Step 1. PowerFC plugged in. Drive around. A-LSD light comes one and indicates a fault

Step 2. Take out PowerFC. Put in Stock ECU.

Step 3. Drive around.... No more errors.

Step 4. Put PowerFC back in again.

Step 5. Drive around... Error comes back again.

You're a computer geek... This is basic troubleshooting that I assume you have done............... RIGHT?? :shake:

If so, then the fault is definitely with the PowerFC (and I'm still unsure why, as it has no bearing on the A-LSD.

Next step, as I already told you, was to grab another KNOWN GOOD PowerFC, and plug it into your car.

i had a problem with my hicas once and was told that the power fc would not be able to communicate with the hicas computer and thus, would not be able to troubleshoot what was wrong with the car...so i brought the stock ecu in and everything was diagnosed immediately...maybe u should try doing that

NISMOGIRL! Thanks chickie! any info would be appreciated! :)

Merli: You don't read do you!!!! I said i had no problems when my stock ECU was in...and the only times i have the alsd light on is when the powerfc is in...which is why I am saying its a powerfc problem! Plus I know the alsd ecu is seperate to the powerfc...but its all feeds back into the powerfc...well..this is what i have been told...basically i've checked stock ecu...its ok...alsd ecu...its ok...tps....its new and perfect! the missing link? powerfc!! Plus i recall a convo we had on thursday over the cb where i said i had another powerfc and i was going to test it this weekend! sheesh! whats with the attack! I'm just trying to see if anyone else has had the same problem and what they did to fix it!!!

rb26: How did you diagnose with your stock ecu? is this by checking the flashing light on the alsd ecu?! I did that while the powerfc was in, and it was indicating the tps needed changing...i changed it...the problem is still occurring and still telling me the same thing! :) When the stock ecu was in, there was no problem indicated...

Is the a-LSD option definately supported by the PFC? I had a quick look at the applications list at the Jap website using babelfish for a translator. It doesn't mention any specific exclusions so i'd assume so. do s1 and s2 r33s use a different pfc?

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/u...werrfc1025.html

Try out the second PFC if it's available for use to you, if it's still not right then i'd source a wiring diagram and find out what outputs go from the stock compuer to the lsd controller and check the signal out that is being sent. Then do the same for the PFC.

Id also do an onroad test as suggested earlier and see if it is working even though you have an error light. You may just have a dud output or a short on the warning light.

Hope you can sort it without reverting to tracing wires and checking signals, it's a horrible job!

Good luck

Attack? What attack?

I was just re-iterating our conversation in case you didn't remember parts of it.

I did read, but you weren't exactly clear on how or when you swapped out the stock ecu for the PowerFC, and what conditions your "test" was done... My method of troubleshooting rules out any other external influences and is a straight out troubleshooting test. You didn't say whether you did it like that, or had the stock ECU in for a a year, put in your new clutch and at the same time swapped out for the PowerFC, whatever... So I was making sure it was a controlled test and ruled out any other changes that might have possibly affected the HICAS.

If you don't want my help, that's fine.