SAU Community

Removing door trim

R33man

do a search for one, ud get a good answer...

ill give u sum pointers tho.

this is what i did...

remove the plastic sorrounding the door level..the one to open yr door and lock the door.

then unscrew the screw in the little cup...the thing u pull yr door towards u with when its open..theres a lil cap there and a screw behind it. unscrew it.

then take off the whole power window and cup thing..its one long plastic piece.. pull it off.

found out it comes out best if u pull it evenly.

both ends at the same time..not pulling it out from one end.

disconnect the cord under it.

3 screws at the bottom of the panel holding it to the door.

unscrew them.

now you have to pull the door from the bottom towards you until u hear pins popping out..when it feels relatively loose, lift it up and voila.

thats the drivers door.

the passengers door, pry off the window controls.

inside, theres a screw at the end. Remove that screw.

then inside the same cup that u used to pull the door towards you, unscrew that too and lift the cup out.

slightly under there too, there is a cover, remove the cover with yr nails...no prob at all and unscrew it inside.

then the same 3 screws @ e bottom of the door...

this one u pry towards you till all pins pop out...then lift the door. once its loose, then only look behind it as the power window wire is still connected and then disconnect it.

:D

hope it helps.

• 2 years later...

good guide streamer, just one thing i found a little frustrating was getting the trim around the door hande and lock off. i was pulling at it for ages, searching for another guide for hours. but couldnt find one. if your reading this guide and are in the same boat as me, it doesnt simply pull off, theres little clips you need to leaver off by sticking a flat screw driver between the door and the edge of the trim.

i will try attach a pic later.

• 1 year later...

thanks for this, it was really helpful - couldn't figure out what was holding the trim back after everything was unscrewed/unclipped

i just gently pulled the door handle surround free though.

One note - use a magnetic screwdriver when unscrewing/screwing the gold screw behind the passengers window control...lost one down there. Oh well, it can stay there until i actually replace the speakers (was just taking a look today) :)