SAU Community

Tuning Fc Over The Sea :)

I allready have posted this in Anthony's post but it will be better if new thread will be posted here, Let me post here few word what the problem i had before, got R33 two years ago it was absolutly stock, i made next modification on it

FMIC INTERCOOLER 600X300X100

GREDDY STYLE front mount plenum

KKR 480 boost at 16 PSI

AFR stock

Fuel Pump Stock

INJECTORs Stock

KAKIMOTO RACING HIGHT FLOW EXHAUST

EXEDY CLUTCH

APEXI FC

so as we dont have Dyno here in Georgia we haveto find other ways i have bought GTECH RR cant say its shows exaclty HP but its quit near results and main is that 402 meter shows exactly best run was 12.303 and max HP 335 at rears, but main is that i have lots of detonation i have tryed to contact in Russia and even was in the sphincter of the universe hope to find person who could help to tune FC because have lots of knocking it was near 90 at one runup, so somehow guilt toy advise to try it ower the net :worship: after two weeks waiting i got FC DATALOGIT, conection was via 3G cellphone ower the internet, it was not fast but acceptable, so yesterday was first Georgian FC tuning day :D i will post some pictures have lots of videos and will try upload them to youtube

post-34904-1217164012_thumb.jpg

so this is my R33 and my friend RX7 he was sitting near me and chatting with anthony:)

post-34904-1217164098_thumb.jpg

this is how all this looks like :D connection fc to leptop and then to cell phone over the internet :)

post-34904-1217164172_thumb.jpg

post-34904-1217164261_thumb.jpg

firs problem appeared with sparks anthony suggest to make them 0.7 it was hard to do this because of hot day it was 42c \, secon problem was with intake :) boost was too hight and turbo was sucking the tube after afm and clothing it at all:)

finaly we have finished to tune it but it was backfire when accelerating and anthiny suggest to change spark plugs and gap at 0.6, now car drives perfect cant say power is same but there is absolutly no detonation engine light fleshing or knocking so antony made all in perfect way and thanks again !

now you can try the same if any of you have same problem :))) you just need datalogit laptop and 3G cellphone

HAPPY END :)

post-34904-1217164644_thumb.jpg

Edited by guricha

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i took some screen shots while tuning this car, the car has stock pump and inj so i had to make do with what we had

had to run injectors at 100% and turn off afm warning and inj warning because we knew they were maxed out.

Really need a new fuel pump and reg and injectors to make more power mate, but it will go much better. a new afm would be good too.

Connection was OK, bit slow but i have other ways to connect for next time which will be much faster

Here are pics (no comments about the tune please, yes i know its not perfect and when im in the car tuning or on the dyno the tune is heaps cleaner)

post-1240-1217200094_thumb.jpgpost-1240-1217200167_thumb.jpg

post-1240-1217200231_thumb.jpgpost-1240-1217200266_thumb.jpg

post-1240-1217200328_thumb.jpgpost-1240-1217200367_thumb.jpg

post-1240-1217200406_thumb.jpg

good to see such results as i am about to aquire a kkr80 turbo with the same modifications you have there, i havnt fitted the turbo before is it hard on a r33 gtst? also will be fitting the greddy style plenum. h

Gary

guricha just got the datalogit brand new last week so i would think it would be the latest version. I still have my datalogit in my car.

I asked him to buy everything needed to tune it thinking he wouldnt go for it but he did lol

Looking at the pics the version is 5.01

whys that?

good to see such results as i am about to aquire a kkr80 turbo with the same modifications you have there, i havnt fitted the turbo before is it hard on a r33 gtst? also will be fitting the greddy style plenum. h

ITS really easy to install it and works quit well compare with price, am runing on more than year, finaly get tuned:) greddy style plenum is not easy to install you should check manual it was somwhere here you should close lots of pipes and need some modification

Anthony i was driving today morning at cold map at seems like power is back i have to check:) could it be the after few days driving it comes better?

This is quite amazing to be honest, very well done Anthony :wave:

Hope you're happy with it Guricha, Anthony is one of the most understated tuners I know. I don't know how he does what he does, but he does it well :/

Have you replaced that intake pipe yet? the intake pipe is probly cold and its not sucking in! you will be suprised how much they suck in when comming onto boost.

Also today was probly not 42deg like it was when we were tuning, so it will feel like its got more power when its colder, when winter comes i will send you a map with more ignition advance so you get even more power again.

There is a thread on here how to do a mod on the intake pipe to stop it from sucking shut, i think 2rismo made it or rev.. i cant remember. il try find it.

Hows your fuel economy going ?

***edit***

found the thread from Rev210

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Re...l&hl=intake

ITS really easy to install it and works quit well compare with price, am runing on more than year, finaly get tuned:) greddy style plenum is not easy to install you should check manual it was somwhere here you should close lots of pipes and need some modification

Anthony i was driving today morning at cold map at seems like power is back i have to check:) could it be the after few days driving it comes better?

Have you replaced that intake pipe yet? the intake pipe is probly cold and its not sucking in! you will be suprised how much they suck in when comming onto boost.

Also today was probly not 42deg like it was when we were tuning, so it will feel like its got more power when its colder, when winter comes i will send you a map with more ignition advance so you get even more power again.

There is a thread on here how to do a mod on the intake pipe to stop it from sucking shut, i think 2rismo made it or rev.. i cant remember. il try find it.

Yeah it could be great if you can do that:) am going to make new intake from SS steel from cooler piping so i will chekc what will be results and anyway the stock pipe for KKR is too small because of diameter... (can you link me regarding pipe?)

i have lots of videos and will try upload them somwhere

\regarding fuel am not sure before it was opening at 5000 RPM now from 3.500 so could be little bit more but need to check:)

***edit***

found the thread from Rev210

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Re...l&hl=intake

well done

Fuel economy means how many KM's you get from a tank of gas, so how much fuel the engine is using, your setup should get 400 - 450 km's to a tank.

I think i forgot to turn on closed loop mode, i can send you a updated map and fix this if the car uses too much fuel.

Remember that heat takes away lots and lots of horse power!! you shouldnt even be boosting a turbo car in 42deg heat (i don't like to hit boost in mine anything over 30) but thats just me.

anyways upload mode photos! and i want to see the videos :wave:

Yeah it could be great if you can do that:) am going to make new intake from SS steel from cooler piping so i will chekc what will be results and anyway the stock pipe for KKR is too small because of diameter... (can you link me regarding pipe?)

i have lots of videos and will try upload them somwhere

\regarding fuel am not sure before it was opening at 5000 RPM now from 3.500 so could be little bit more but need to check:)

Fuel economy means how many KM's you get from a tank of gas, so how much fuel the engine is using, your setup should get 400 - 450 km's to a tank.

I think i forgot to turn on closed loop mode, i can send you a updated map and fix this if the car uses too much fuel.

Remember that heat takes away lots and lots of horse power!! you shouldnt even be boosting a turbo car in 42deg heat (i don't like to hit boost in mine anything over 30) but thats just me.

anyways upload mode photos! and i want to see the videos :wave:

what was reason loosing of HP ? I was expecting that after tune might be more ? at the moment for me main is that car is runing propertly and without risk but i was wondering ebaut loosing of HPs

today am going to make new pipe so after that i will test the car and post all results here...

next step is to change injectors pump and afm

Well before the engine was running lean and it was running way to much timing on load, so it was making lots of power but it was detonating at the same time which will cause the engine to explode if you do it for long enough.

When we tuned it i had to add fuel and decrease the timing so the engine will not detonate or ping or knock whatever you want to call it.

Doing this is like de-tuning the engine but it also is running properly and there is no knocking or pinging.

Also remember you were driving the car hard on a 42deg day, that takes away alot of horse power as well. If you take the car for a drive at night with the cold ignition map i gave you it will run much much better.

Make a intake pipe out of stainless, that is a good idea. dont worry about the thread i sent you if your going to make your own pipe.

Well before the engine was running lean and it was running way to much timing on load, so it was making lots of power but it was detonating at the same time which will cause the engine to explode if you do it for long enough.

When we tuned it i had to add fuel and decrease the timing so the engine will not detonate or ping or knock whatever you want to call it.

Doing this is like de-tuning the engine but it also is running properly and there is no knocking or pinging.

Also remember you were driving the car hard on a 42deg day, that takes away alot of horse power as well. If you take the car for a drive at night with the cold ignition map i gave you it will run much much better.

Make a intake pipe out of stainless, that is a good idea. dont worry about the thread i sent you if your going to make your own pipe.

Yeap mate have some idea so i will post after, going to make completly from SS it can be good results after it because i think stock pipe is closing air to turbo inlet at hight boost and maybe is reason for loosing power

Does it makes for me sence to change BOV? am still using stock one...

and have install new sparks BCPR7ES-11 with 0.6 gap

Edited by guricha

sorry for stealing thread,

but anthony, has also tuned my car,

and the results are awesome, car is a

1995 nissan skyline r33 gtst

rb30/25 gt3540r turbo

massive long list of mods,

made 265kw at 14psi, and bucket loads of torque,

if anyone whats more details pm me,

but anythony did a fantastic job and he will be doing all my tuning in the future

sorry for stealing thread,

but anthony, has also tuned my car,

and the results are awesome, car is a

1995 nissan skyline r33 gtst

rb30/25 gt3540r turbo

massive long list of mods,

made 265kw at 14psi, and bucket loads of torque,

if anyone whats more details pm me,

but anythony did a fantastic job and he will be doing all my tuning in the future

more details regarding car pls :)