SAU Community

Baby Car Seat

Mr GTS4

i'm looking at a 98 to 2000 model stagea and just wondering if a babies car seat can be fitted to the rear seat? thanks

Absolutely! AFAIK, it's compulsory that child restraint anchorage points are fitted to a car as part of the SEVS compliance process, and my car has them in the roof.

Quite a few of the owners here have kids and bought a Stagea for this reason, given their versatility over a Skyline.

There is also holes for the restraint bolts behind the seats but no bolts (you can pull them out of the roof if you want, or just buy extras)

The reclining rear seats made the stagea one of the easiest cars I have ever fitted a baby seat to.

awesome guys thanks for that.. just more positive info i can feed the wife :(

shouldnt be too hard to convince her...only took me to look at photos to ask if i could get one to :P

although my first question was exactly the same if the baby seats fit in and how much room was in the cargo bit for a pram :)

good luck with it :)

lets put it this way.

you will be able to fit 3 baby seat of any size. Can still fit 3 fulsize prams and shopping and a small luggages. PLUS this is FYIO and FYEO!!

its got a turbo and got the potential to be tweaked to 200kw@whell!! of course your wife dont need to know this part yet!! Like my wife LOLO!!!! I told her its a wagon when we first bought it and when i floored it she looked at me and say i thought its a wagon and i said : " Yes hoeny and its a VERY FAST WAGON!!! with a big grin on my face!!!LOLOL :laughing-smiley-014:

I take my 2 & 5 year olds in the S2 Stagea & they love it (the 2 year-old says "Go Daddy's new taaah" every time I take off from the lights).

BUT, there's one small drawback - if you have the front seats all the way back, as I do, there is very little footroom for kids sitting in child seats.

Other than that it's the perfect family truckster.

the trouble now is finding one that is black and a 98-00 model with leather, at a decent price. thanks guys

I was just looking at this dealer's stock when i posted in the 260RS thread a cpl minutes ago... saw they also have 2 x black series 2 stags on the way over from Japan - dunno if they are leather, but worth a phonecall...

http://www.sinergymotorsports.com.au/index.php?cat=3#

the trouble now is finding one that is black and a 98-00 model with leather, at a decent price. thanks guys

That doesn't sound too unusual; should be plenty around. I think silver & leather is the rarest combination in the common colours...

They're not real clear photos, but they make the point.. The Stagea is the perfect family car, there is bucket loads of space in the back even with the Bertini Pram.

The best feature is the reclining seats and the flatness of the seats so you can fit the bay seats up to the edge, near the door, without the seat swab pushing them (baby seats) over at a funny angle. Since these photos where taken the centre baby seat has been turned to face forwards and it still fits ok.

post-25601-1190460805_thumb.jpg post-25601-1190460843_thumb.jpg

Edited by 3intheBack

I had a look in the back when I was pulling out the sat nav system and there are 2 cargo bolt holes behind the back seats but no child anchor points.

And we have 3 baby seats in the back quite regularly (our two (10mth and 2yr) and our baby sitter's 3yr). Lots of room for the big people in the front and the little ones love trying to get balloons out the rear sunroof!

Cheers, Greg (Cheryl's husband!)