SAU Community

Roll Cages, Group Buy (mods Dont Move As Vic Only)

bLaQ.bOi

hey guys wanting to know an expression of interest in a group buy for roll cages to suit any vehicle, these are cages for every situation, Race, Drift, Rally and Street. Also offering 100% LEGAL cages that comply with vicroad guidelines. (ofcorse depending on style etc)

Its just an Expression Of Interest atm.

If this goes ahead, we will have to organise a time/day for you to come down with your car to the shop, so the guys can work out with you exactly what you want

the way i see it, rollcages are not cheap,so i wanted to see interest in a group buy

remember any style of racing, any car

Prices are yet to be established

professional installers, nothing to worry about

show me some interest guys

you know how it works the more people we get the better the price!

will guarantee if we get numbers it will go ahead, like i said you will need to come meet the guys who do the cages at their workshop

if this is in the wrong place mods please move, sorry

cheers

G

Edited by bLaQ.bOi

be really hard to guage interest without a price range

if its between $500-$1000 heaps of people may be keen, but if the cost over that, which often good quality custom cages do, i think you'll find that those who say there interested now may very quickly loose thier interest.

If you wanna organise a GB you need to follow the below:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=81129

The requirements includes who is making/supplying. And the price etc etc

Without these two things, a thread like this serves no purpose as everyone will say "im in", then you get price/supplier and suddenly no-one is in and the thread has gone nowhere.

Please attain the correct information, and then post in the GB section.

Thanks.

Well without a price, or at the very least an approx per car/model/requirement (ie 4point, 6point, removable intrustion etc etc), then its kinda a mute point.

There isnt such a thing as a "group buy" in cages if you get 5 different models of car from 5 interested people.

Each cage will still need to be made individually.

You might save $50-$100 each for taking them 5 cars, but at the end of the day the costing wont change that much at all.

"quoted from supplier"

"The basic 6 point cage is about $2000 and as a rough idea you would add about $200 for every additional tube. Bolted cages start at about $2400 because of the extra work in making the connections"

rough idea

so group buy, if we get numebrs will be cheaper than that

I am absolutely stoked with my cage i got from Brown Davis. Arranged it Thursday afternoon. Dropped car off on Monday morning. Cage was done in two days as per our discussions. Less then $800 for a bolt in 4 point CAMS/FIA cage with harness bar.

The cage was MIG'd and only painted. If you wanted to powder coat it etc then it woudl be an extra $50 odd etc etc. Brown Davis has in the past expressed an interest in helping club members out. Not so much with a group buy, but with a bunch of guys rocking up and getting their cars doen at the same time. Effeciences of scale means you may save $50 odd dollars over the usual price.

I will say this though. Just be sure you want a cage in your road car. It is a hell of a compromise and the term "legal" is a bit loose and can still means quite a lot more expense shoudl you not want to get defected

Yeah and I'm stoked with the job Merridian did with my bolt-in as well.

There's plenty of options out there.

Snowies cage and mine are the perfect examples of be sure you know what you are getting. His is worth a lot more then mine though at a glance if you said bolt in 4 point cage then that’s what we both have. Except his has been Tig’d, appears to have been powder coated not painted. Has side intrusion bars and a few extra diagonals. So of course it is quite a bit more expensive then my basic cage. Just be sure you know what you want before asking cage manufactureres as what they offer can be very different.\

Dane, no clear photos, olnly those from outside the car from Dutton. Will try and get some

Snowies cage and mine are the perfect examples of be sure you know what you are getting. His is worth a lot more then mine though at a glance if you said bolt in 4 point cage then that’s what we both have. Except his has been Tig’d, appears to have been powder coated not painted. Has side intrusion bars and a few extra diagonals. So of course it is quite a bit more expensive then my basic cage. Just be sure you know what you want before asking cage manufactureres as what they offer can be very different.\

Dane, no clear photos, olnly those from outside the car from Dutton. Will try and get some

Troy,

What are you trying to imply that " be careful what you ask for". I will more than likely cage mine over the XMAS break and was going to use Meridian to do it.

Andrew

Let me stress.... Im not implying anything!

Snowies cage is awesome and Meridian do nice work. All im getting at is if you go to 3 places and ask the same question you will most likely get 3 very different prices. One place is no more expensive then the other, or dodgier. Most cases , they just offer different things.

I think its best you sit down and sketch the cage you want. Give consideration to where you would like your bars, whether you want your mild steel cage to be Mig'd or Tig'd ( or whether you really care as both are fine for mild steel) whether you want it powder coated etc etc. These are the sorts of things that influence the cost of the cage....

I would hate someone to go to Brown Davis and ask for Snowies cage expecting to pay my price. They are two completely different animals. And both places equally capable of doing a stella job.

Let me stress.... Im not implying anything!

Snowies cage is awesome and Meridian do nice work. All im getting at is if you go to 3 places and ask the same question you will most likely get 3 very different prices. One place is no more expensive then the other, or dodgier. Most cases , they just offer different things.

I think its best you sit down and sketch the cage you want. Give consideration to where you would like your bars, whether you want your mild steel cage to be Mig'd or Tig'd ( or whether you really care as both are fine for mild steel) whether you want it powder coated etc etc. These are the sorts of things that influence the cost of the cage....

I would hate someone to go to Brown Davis and ask for Snowies cage expecting to pay my price. They are two completely different animals. And both places equally capable of doing a stella job.

bwwwhahaha, my question didn't quite come out right. I was just curious as to what you were crapping on about :P

As I don't particularly want to go upside down again without lot of A-pillar reinforcement I'm looking at a six point cage that's Vic Roads approved, which Meridian told me they do. I'll see how fast the car feels when it's back together as I'm still in two minds.

Regards

Andrew

FYI - my cage cost around $2K, fitted and powder coated. But it has lots of "nice" things as Troy has alluded too that I wanted and was prepared to pay the extra for.

Any interior pics available? I was told to set aside a solid $2k to get a 6 point cage fitted which appears to be a reasonable price.