SAU Community

Changing the parkers on an R33

Airzone

Hi,

One of my parkers has died. I had a quick look to see how difficult it would be and it looks like a bitch of a job. There doesn't seem to be anything regarding how to change parkers on the forum...

Has anyone done this before? It's a S1 GTS-T. The side in question is the same side as the turbo...

yeah u can do it, but im constantly tinkering with them so i always find it easier to just unbolt the and fiddle here and there. like i had the indicators goin in the parker bulb case for a while, but it was fast flickering (small bulbs) and you couldnt see it, so i changed it back. ive got cut wires here and there hehe

Well, I changed it for the princely sum of $1.50... Undid the power cable and gave it a small twist with the needle nose pliers. Then it just unscrewed :-) Same thing in reverse to put it back. I don't think they'd ever been changed before 'cause there was that much crap and dust in there... It's amazing the things that never have been changed before... My spare tyre is the original japanese one (although it -should- have been replaced), and it's still got it's dye on the tread.. Never been used :-)

• 8 months later...

Ok, this might be a dumb question but how do you change the parker bulbs in that are in the actual headlights? (not the ones on the corners).

I tried twisting the grey plug under the main circular cap on the back of the headlight but it wouldn't move and I really don't want to get the pliers onto it unless I know that I'm twisting the right thing the right way!

Oh, and yes I know you can't pass a roadworthy with these parker bulbs in.

Ok, after sticking my head under the car today I managed to disconect the -'ve wire that was running to the extra parking lights in all 4 of my headlights.

Couldn't actually pull the bulbs out as the assembly for them (which is located on the bottom of the headlights) is a kinda rubber plug sealed with something that feels like silicon...so it may actually be a custom job.

Tomorrow morning I'll reconnect one side and post pics :-)