SAU Community

G1 Drift Comp Today - Who Went? Any Photos?

*flick*

Ok know theres a thread already up in events, thought id start one to see who else was up there, post up some pics! Unfortunately i didnt get to take any, was too busy video taping it all!

Richo, good to meet you, was looking good out there! Shame u didnt qualify :ninja:

Of course well done to my bf Luke for qualifying in your first comp and making to to 8th spot in group 2, 24th overall out of 50, and to aaron (sus032), decs in his 31 and joel aswell.

So any pics anyone?!

no pics but damn what an event, one of the most entertaining i've been to in a while.

Luke u did tops man for your first comp, i was impressed. What are u ruinnin in the 31, rb20?

How good was Jack's rollover, damn! Well that came out wrong, not good but entertaining!

Showza - what happened to the car? Saw you working on it in the garage but didn't get to see u at all out on the track.

Simon - ever so consistent, the 25 seems to be working well, how bad was the damage from hitting Kelly's car?

Drinkies car is sweet and go the sr20, haha! Definitely shocked me when i looked under the bonnet!

Christian is f$%^&g awesome, smoke machine!

woo hoo!

no pics but damn what an event, one of the most entertaining i've been to in a while.

Luke u did tops man for your first comp, i was impressed. What are u ruinnin in the 31, rb20?

cheers dude, i running rb25 man.

Had an awesome day out, i wasnt even expecting to qualify so extremely happy to make the top 8 in group 2. All be it if it was because someone spat the dummy and left me to have a solo run :ninja:

Looking forward to round 3 now, bit more experienced by then, hopefully place abit higher.

here ya go guys

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=247940

i couldnt bring myself to even go watch, was going to enter but selling up, im trying to convince myself a house is a better idea at the moment if i went i woulda just sooked and most prob got the bug again, going to syd the other weekend for DA was bad enough :thumbsup:

Edited by shy_s6

Ok know theres a thread already up in events, thought id start one to see who else was up there, post up some pics! Unfortunately i didnt get to take any, was too busy video taping it all!

Richo, good to meet you, was looking good out there! Shame u didnt qualify :)

Of course well done to my bf Luke for qualifying in your first comp and making to to 8th spot in group 2, 24th overall out of 50, and to aaron (sus032), decs in his 31 and joel aswell.

So any pics anyone?!

Thanks flick, nice meeting you and Luke, well done mate on making that far on your first comp awesome job, congrats!

I was having a bit of issues with grip at the rear, tried softening the suspension before qualifying but made it worse lol, but yes had a good day, good experience for my first comp. I wasnt expecting to qualify, the level is getting higher and higher, a lot of skill out there.

Showza, sorry about your car mate, but you know youll be back bigger and better than ever, give us a yell if you need a hand with anything man.

If anyone have some vids of practice and qualifying, post them up! :cool:

Cheers

Ric

Had all intentions of coming out to watch the drift but didnt make it as was still to pissed to drive a car on Sunday.

Hope everyone had a great day!!!

yeah i had a good day... til my two crashes lolol. First was during my top 16 battle with Adam May on the last corner (turn 2) of the last battle m,y tyre delaminated... lost all grip and i did a 180 into the tyre wall... no reall damage so i wasnt that worried about it. I made it through and so i changed tyres and got back into the next round with Kelly McKinnon where i was running some tyres i hadnt run before and they didnt grip as much as the stuff i was running all day.. so i looped on turn 1 and kelly came at me and smashed into my rear door... so if anyone knows of any drivers side 32 4 door rear's i need one :P

But yes... the 25 is nuts, and damn does the car go so well now.. absolutely BAKES the tyres hahaha

yeah simon we saw u leaving and wondered what the hell happened! We didnt see either of your hits. Damn! But easy fix. Was looking good out there! Well Done.

Also missed the 31 in practice hit a wall pretty hard, saw the damage after though, ouch!

cheers again guys, cant wait for round 3 now, now that i got the first comp out the way should be alot less nervous out there. Should be fun.

rbman, i got a few mods, nothing overly extreme yet. Its got enough power for my skills at the moment. When i get bit better will go hunting for more power im sure.

Spewing about your car showza, i heard you come into the pits and cringed instantly. Good luck with it man.

Simon, as flick said, i missed both your hits too. Glad to hear the damage aint too bad.

Richo, was good to meet you too man, watched a couple of your runs from flicks footage last night, if you held turn 2 i reckon you would have qualified for sure. Good luck at round 3 man.

See all of you there.

Well done to all those that competed yesterday.

Level of drifting has improved a hell of alot.

Sad i wasnt out there................ but will be once i get this damn motor in........ look out fellas!!!

was gonna make it out but all my mates raged out at the last minute + gf wanted me to help her with a few things.

thinkign of going out to the prac day at AIR in a couple of weeks for some action, dunno yet though!

Richo, was good to meet you too man, watched a couple of your runs from flicks footage last night, if you held turn 2 i reckon you would have qualified for sure. Good luck at round 3 man.

Any chance I can get some of that footage off you guys ? :D

that would be sweet!

Cheers

Ric

Ric, Ill get luke to burn the footage i took onto a dvd for ya and maybe post it off to ya?

I got maybe 3 or 4 of your runs, but ill burn all i took and u can just watch it all lol

Will let ya know when its done