SAU Community

2007 Sau-vic Motorsport Championship

Scotsman

Championship Rounds and Classes

2007 SAU Club Championship Motorsport Dates (events run by WRX Club of Vic)

Round 1 - Sat 20 Jan - Calder (twilight meeting) - Event completed - Results

Round 2 - Sat 31 March - Phillip Island - Event completed - Results

Round 3 - Wed 25 April - Sandown - Event completed - Results

Round 4 - Sun 10 June - Sandown - Event completed - Results

Round 5 - Sat 28 July - Winton - Event completed

Round 6 - Sun 19 Aug - Sandown - Event completed - Results

Round 7 - Sat 22 Sept - Morwell (hopefully new track)

Round 8 - Sun 14 Oct - Calder - Championship Final Standings - Results

2007 SAU Vic CarSales DECA Championship Series Dates (events run by Skylines Australia Vic)

Sat Feb 10 - Event completed - Results

Sat May 12 - Event completed - Results

Sat Aug 25 - Event completed - Results

Sat Dec 1 - Event completed - Results

Carsales - 2007 DECA Championship - Outright Results

SAU Track Championship Classes are as follows

Class A - Modified GTR

Class B - Standard GTR

Class C - Modified RWD

Class D - Standard RWD

Class E - AWD 2.5 litre + Under

Standard Class:

(List of Free Mods allowed in standard class)

Suspension - All

Brakes - All

Electronics (ECU, Boost Controllers) - All

Intercoolers - All

Pods

Wheels Sizes

Modified Classes:

(Any of these Mods will put you into modified class)

R Spec Tyres / Slicks under a UTQG rating of 100 tread wear (not including 100)

A Roll Cage

A stripped interior. Removal of rear seats only is allowed.

Any other major weight reduction such as fibreglass doors or perspects windows

Fuel Systems - Any two out of the following four modifications to either: 1.Injectors, 2.Fuel Pump, 3.Non Nissan OEM Turbo's, or 4.A fuel pressure modification will put you into modified class. (I.E - Only one fuel system mod is allowed)

Non OEM Engine Capacities (GTST with RB26, RB30; GTR with 2.8L, etc)

Standard Turbo Clarification

(RWD Standard Class)

RWD Standard can run any Nissan OEM turbo from any RB Skyline.

Highflowing of any of these RB OEM Nissan turbo's is allowed.

(GTR Standard Class)

Any of these turbo's are considered a standard spec. replacement turbo and are not considered a turbo mod.

R32, R33, R34 N1's, HKS GT-SS's, Garrett GT2560r-7.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Information for Beginers

Personal Requirements

- Safety helmet (to AS1698 standard) in good condition (ie. free of dents and scratches).

- Gloves are optional.

- Leather or suede footwear must completely cover the foot and be firmly fitted. No sandals or thongs allowed.

- Driver apparel must cover the body from ankle to neck including up to the wrists. Long sleeved and flame-resistant clothing is mandatory. Wool is best but cotton overalls or trousers and shirts are also suitable. Race-type overalls are not necessary.

Driver Training – Is not absolutely required, but SAU recommends you make your first track day a driver training day. Driver training sessions won't be timed and you will only be on the track with other driver training vehicles. You will have the chance to have an instructor with you, this will typically be another club member who has some track experience. Driver training costs slightly less than the normal sprint days (You wont get to compete in the super sprints at the end of the day)

If you choose to 'not' do driver training as your first event, just place yourself in a slow group and spent the first half of the day following slower cars and learning the racing lines before trying to go off on your own and improve times.

Phillip Island Sprints:

You can do driver training at Phillip Island as your first event

You can do driver training and if your instructor believes you are skilled enough he can allow you to participate in sprints.

If Phillip Island is your first 'sprint' event you will need to provide details of an advanced driver training certificate.

R-Spec Tyres Explained

Competition Street Legal Radial's (Dot Approved Semi - Competition)

In other words they are sticky.

List of known R Spec Tyres - UTQG

Bridgestone Potenza RE55 - 40

Bridgestone Potenza RE520S -

Yokohamma Advan A048 - 60AA

Yokohamma Advan A032R - 60AA

Dunlop D98J

Dunlop D01J

Dunlop D02J

Dunlop D93J

Toyo Proxes RA1 - 40AA

Toyo Proxes R888 - 50AA

BFG G Force T/A R1 - 0AA

Michelin Pilot Cup - 80AA

Hoosier A3S03/R3S04 - 40AC

Avon Tech R-A

Kumho VictoRacer V700 - 50AA

Kumho Ecsta V700 - 50AA

Pirelli P Zero C

Pirelli P Zero Corsa

List of soft compound street tyres - UTQG

Federal 595RS - 180AA

Falken Azenis RT615 - 200AA

Toyo Trampio R1-R - 100AA

Nitto NT-555R Drag - 100AA

UTQG = Treadwear, Traction, Temperature

Treadwear - The treadwear grade is a comparative rating based on the wear rate of the tire when tested under controlled conditions on a specified government test track. A tire graded 200 would wear twice as long on the government test course under specified test conditions as one graded 100.

Traction - Traction grades, from highest to lowest, are AA, A, B and C. They represent the tire's ability to stop on wet pavement as measured under controlled conditions on specified government test surfaces of asphalt and concrete.

Traction Grades Asphalt (g force) Concrete (g force)

AA - Above 0.54 - Above 0.41

A - Above 0.47 - Above 0.35

B - Above 0.38 - Above 0.26

C - Less Than 0.38 - Less Than 0.26

Temperature - The temperature grades, from highest to lowest, are A, B and C. These represent the tire's resistance to the generation of heat

Temperature Grades Speeds (in mph)

A - Over 115

B - Between 100 to 115

C - Between 85 to 100

Vehicle Requirements

- Fire Extinguisher (AS1841, AS1846 or AS1848, Minimum of 900grams) Securely fastened and reachable by the driver from the drivers seat.

- Valve Caps (Preferably metal)

- Boot / Cockpit - Must be free from all loose articles

- Headlights - Any forward facing glass must b covered by tape or contact (This only effects R32's in the Skyline Range)

- Roll Cages - Must be CAMS approved

- Bonnet Catches - All rear-hinged bonnets must have an additional independent non-flexible strap fitted. Permanent straps/pins attached to the bonnet are not necessary. It is acceptable to tie the bonnet down with light rope. Bonnet Pins are also accepted.

Track Etiquette

Flag Signals

Flags will be used at designated points around the circuits.

yellow_flag.gifYellow flag: The yellow flag signals a situation of danger ahead. Drivers must slow down and show extreme caution. Drivers may not overtake other vehicles until they have passed the green flag.

green_flag.gifGreen Flag: All clear signal. It is used at the end of the danger area controlled by yellow flags. Drivers may continue on at race speed.

It can also be used to signal the start of a warm-up lap or practice session.

blue_flag.gif Blue flag: Overtaking signal. The blue flag informs the driver that he is about to overtaken by one or more faster cars. When the flag is waved, it draws the driver’s attention either to the closeness of the car about to overtake him, or to the high speed at which it is approaching. The blue flag can be shown motionless when the faster car is still some distance away but approaching quickly.

red_flag.gifRed Flag: Stopping the race. The red flag will be shown at all posts on the circuit when the Clerk of the Course has decided to stop the race or practice session due to a hazard effecting the course. All drivers must stop racing immediately and proceed to the pit area. Drivers must exercise extreme caution and being prepared to stop if necessary and be aware of the possability of support vehicles on the track.

black_flag.gifBlack Flag: Return to the pit area. The black flag is usually shown at the Start / Finish line by the Clerk of Course or his marshal. The flag will be shown whilst your vehicle is being pointed at. This informs the driver they must return to the pit area immediately and report to the Clerk of Course.

checkered_flag.gifChequered Flag: Denotes end of session. Use the remaining lap to cool the car and return to the pit area.

Championship Scoring & Points System

SAU Track Championship

1st Fastest time in Class - 10 Points

2nd Fastest time in Class - 6 Points

3rd Fastest time in Class - 4 Points

4th Fastest time in Class - 3 Points

5th Fastest time in Class - 2 Points

6th Fastest time in Class - 1 Point

There needs to be at least 3 people representing a class in each round for maximum points to be scored, otherwise 1st can only receive a maximum score equal to 2nd place which is 6 Points.

One championship round is dropped from the score before a total is achieved, this will be the worst scoring round from the entrant, or an event not attended.

CarSales DECA Chamionship

Each Sub-Event of the Event will be scored individually.

Points will be awarded in order of finishing from highest to lowest as follows:

1st = 50 points,

2nd = 49 points,

3rd = 48 points,

4th = 47 points etc, and so on down to the last competitor.

All points from each sub event are accumulated and a total is created with the highest score winning. Classes are AWD and RWD.

Penalties:

Hit Cone (Make a cone move from it's spot) = +5 Seconds Per Cone

Wrong Direction = +5 Seconds Per Wrong Direction.

Missed Gate/Cone = +5 Seconds Per Gate/Cone (Maximum of three missed cones, then DNF)

Did Not Finish = Slowest Time +20 Seconds

Did Not Complete Full Course = Slowest Time +20 Seconds (Missed more than 3 Cones)

Did Not Start = No Score - Nil points

Damn, my injectors are leaking, obviously no one wants to replace stock injectors for stock injectors and i don't want to go into modify class for sure.

How do i go about this?

So I assume you have a diff fuel pump or diff turb?

We don't want to penalise people for replacing dodgey parts with upgraded parts, but if you have an ECU then you will obviously be able to make more power with these mods combined...

We had actually considered allowing some turbo's as standard to still allow this situation to run std class.

For example - A high flowed or rebuilt standard turbo is allowed, a Nissan OEM turbo from another Nissan is allowed. Or even a standard spec replacement turbo is allowed such as R34 N1, GT-SS or GT2560r-7

Discuss....

Damn, my injectors are leaking, obviously no one wants to replace stock injectors for stock injectors and i don't want to go into modify class for sure.

How do i go about this?

Ok so you're allowed to replace your Injectors and either you fuel pump or turbos, if you do all 3 then your in mod.. if you only do 2, your still in standard....

Ok so you're allowed to replace your Injectors and either you fuel pump or turbos, if you do all 3 then your in mod.. if you only do 2, your still in standard....

Ok, get it.

I've got N1s, aftermarket injectors on the way (stock is fcuked) but stock fuel pump so its all good.

ah okay... so if I install the HKS 2535 I have sitting here I can upgrade my fuel pump too and just run it off the stock injectors (limited by duty cycle of course) and still run in standard RWD?

BUT

if I installed a highflow OEM turbo I could do BOTH pump and injectors?

No, as long as your turbo is considered by us as a 'stadard equivilent', and on our list...(which isn't finished)

This is only theory at this stage... You will be allowed to do both fuel pump and injectors if your turbo is on the standard equivilent list.

It's when you goto say 25/30's that your only allowed one of either fuel pump or injectors. Plus you still need to run street tyres

Ok, get it.

I've got N1s, aftermarket injectors on the way (stock is fcuked) but stock fuel pump so its all good.

Yeah so stock equivilent turbo is not a mod, injectors will be one mod and you are also allowed to do fuel pump. But if you goto bigger turbo's then you goto modified.

ah okay... so if I install the HKS 2535 I have sitting here I can upgrade my fuel pump too and just run it off the stock injectors (limited by duty cycle of course) and still run in standard RWD?

BUT

if I installed a highflow OEM turbo I could do BOTH pump and injectors?

Yes you can put any turbo on a GTST that you would like and do either fuel pump or injectors. With street tyres on this is still standard class.

Or you can highflow the GTST turbo and run both injectors and fuel pump.

On a GTST a highflow turbo is a free mod. Every other turbo is considered an upgrade at this stage.

If more clarity is needed let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I honestly dont care which class i fall into. But just pointing out that if someone is using a high flow on their GTSt then they can be making lots of power. Many high flows are rated at 450hp. So considering my Greddy setup is only rate at 420hp i would suggest that if your turbo is high flowed then it should not be considered a relacement turbo.

I feel you guys are doing a great job with the rules, but feel we need to protect the std class a little more.

Since ECUs are free, and im running a fuel pump with less flow capacity then a std GTR OEM fuel pump, and im running oem Nissan injectors....???

If i had an R33 i could be making 250rwks with ecu, std injectors, high flow and a fuel pump. I understand that puts me in the std class? I am not sure thats what i call std????

I accept i am in modified, dcespite so many of you bighting when i argue that im in std. ;)

1. We can't police it.

2. We don't have enough people running in RWD STD Class to make it any more restrictive.

3. We really aren't fussed by what mods people do and don't want to make people buy standard parts when their nissan stuff breaks.

4. We don't want people to have to buy semi's if they don't want to.

5. The are still limited to the grip level that street tyres provide.

If more than 3 people compete in more than 3 rounds in RWD STD class in 2007 we will revisit the classing requirements, until then 'yes' it is pretty relaxed. It's supposed to invite more GTST guys to hit the track.

1. We can't police it.

2. We don't have enough people running in RWD STD Class to make it any more restrictive.

3. We really aren't fussed by what mods people do and don't want to make people buy standard parts when their nissan stuff breaks.

4. We don't want people to have to buy semi's if they don't want to.

5. The are still limited to the grip level that street tyres provide.

If more than 3 people compete in more than 3 rounds in RWD STD class in 2007 we will revisit the classing requirements, until then 'yes' it is pretty relaxed. It's supposed to invite more GTST guys to hit the track.

But im standard yea >_<

So I have aftermarket ECU, Pump and Injectors, but run a Nissan OE hiflow turbo......I'm standard class? sweet

I also noticed you've wrote that the PI round cant be your first track day...is that still true? I was wanting to do DT at that event for my first time out on the track in my 33. Do you mean it cant be your first track day if you choose NOT to do DT?