SAU Community

My Beautiful Bentley Killed By A Eb Falcon

Some of you may know that apart from owning two R32 GTRs and a 1991 Peugeot 205 GTI (as my daily driver) I also cruise around in a 1989 Bentley Eight. For the last couple of weeks I have been using the Bentley as my daily driver as the Pug needs work, one GTR is sold (awaiting $) and the other has a blown turbo.

Anyway last Wednesday night I was returning home from a business meeting at about 9-9:30 pm when I was T-boned by an old EB Falcon. The Falcon hit the front left panel and then spun around 90 degrees and smashed into the rear left panel. I was forced over 4 lanes of traffic (two with oncoming traffic), over the curb, across the footpath and partial through a wire fence on the other side of the road.

The facts are that I had NOT been drinking or taking any other substances, I was travelling between 60-62 kmph in a 60 zone, I was wearing my seatbelt and the other car hit me. What is in dispute (ie my word vs theirs) is who ran a red light. There were three witnesses but all put the wrong car on the wrong road heading in the wrong direction. Please do not make reference to fault as this is yet to be determined by the investigating officer and I do not want to impair any legal proceedings.

I spent the first night in hospital and the last 3 nights at my mates parents place as his mum is a nurse and nearly my entire family live overseas. If I can figure out how to post images I'll add some before and after photos.

PS - the Bentley was a 1989 model and had only travelled 51,360 km. What an inglorious death. An old Merc would have been more fitting.

post-19208-1168226223.jpg

post-19208-1168226265.jpg

post-19208-1168226296.jpg

post-19208-1168226336.jpg

post-19208-1168226356.jpg

Edited by writeoff

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a female driver with a male passenger that hit me. They were taken to the Royal Adelaide Hospital aswell and were worse off than me. I asked about them about 10 times but wasn't given any information. At the crash site I could hear the woman screaming in pain and a guy who stopped said there was blood all over her car.

After shots

post-19208-1168226634.jpg

post-19208-1168226659.jpg

post-19208-1168226680.jpg

post-19208-1168226718.jpg

post-19208-1168226774.jpg

post-19208-1168226795.jpg

post-19208-1168226819.jpg

post-19208-1168226853.jpg

post-19208-1168226923.jpg

post-19208-1168226966.jpg

For those in SA who know the roads - I was heading south down Marion Rd (the middle photo shows south bound traffic). The Falcon was heading west on Richmond Rd. They hit me and forced me across 4 lanes of traffic ie the outer lane heading south, the turn right lane & and the two north bound lanes on Marion Rd. From the last photo you can see that they ended up on the island in the middle of the road (you can see the marks on the road) and I ended up in the wire fence on the other side of the road. The first photo shows where I hit the curb and went into the fence stopping about 1 metre in front of that big tree.

Edited by writeoff

No, although Richmond Rd ends at the intersection as a main road (two lanes each way) and continues as a smaller road on the other side (one lane each way).

Condolences on the loss of an amazing car. Is there no way to salvage her with brand new parts via insurance?

Thanks. I doubt that it can be repaired as these cars are hand made by Europe's finest coachbuilders. I'm yet to hear the insurance company's decision as to write it off or repair it so I may be premature in saying that the car is dead but the chasiss is twisted fairly severely.

looks like a nice old car, when i was getting a wheel alignment last there was one up on the hoist before me and i was having a chat to the guy about it, aparently the body is lowered ontop of the chassis, not combined together so (i know its got nothing to do with you) but you can take the body off etc, they also run the same fuel injection system that my old audi 90 used to have, and i was amazed by the turbo setup on this old bently. it was pretty impressive, and always hurts to see someones pride and joy mangled!

all the best

bummer. well not to matter who's fault it was. the main thing is everyone is ok and that you have your insurance. They will take care of you, and let everyone else figure out who's at fault.

sad to see a nice car like that crashed

i used to work for benlty as an apprentice in melbourne. and i did see some bad crahse with prestige cars as we also had a panel shop. (f430 ferrie spun of road at 140km/h and hit a pole )

but sad to say i believe there would be at minum $40000 worth or repairs to that car if not more.

hope all goes well tho and good luck

wow... that sux. I sure the otherguy is shitting himself thinking " how much does it cost to fix or replace a bently?!"

agreed - but i dont think they are the only ones shitting themselves..........

Thanks. I doubt that it can be repaired as these cars are hand made by Europe's finest coachbuilders. I'm yet to hear the insurance company's decision as to write it off or repair it so I may be premature in saying that the car is dead but the chasiss is twisted fairly severely.

.....and this is the reason - insurance are probably shitting themselves as well....

bad luck man...she was a beautiful ride.... :kiss:

the car held up pretty well considering a tbone. good old brittish engineering. hate to see what the falcon looks like. shame, at least your alright.

I didn't see the Falcon but was told it was a hell of a lot worse than my Bentley. They hit a 2200kg British tank headon and knock it across four lanes of traffic. I hate to think of what state I'd be in if I was driving my 900kg Peugeot 205 GTI.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and well wishes.