SAU Community

And So This Is Christmas

Sass

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Story:

11.15am on my way to uni this morning, on North Rd, crossed over Warrigal Rd and the car in front had stopped with no brake lights, I stopped. Looked in my review mirror and saw the car behind coming quickly, then bang. Notice my seat died and seat belt is still done up.

The lady behind me said she was doing a head check to change lanes, looked back and I was stopped.

I hit my knees on the dash and got flung everywhere

Have been to the Doctor too and got the ok!

(He checked my neck and back, and said if they get sore, let him know)

He told me to go home, rest and have a drink!

- damn good advise, should take him up on that!

Does she have insurance, the person that hit you? If so, you'll get a good pay out from the car, they wont fix the car thats for sure.

yeah, she has 3rd party

i just rang and made the claim, i stay a rating 1 and no excess! yay!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Nah. I reckon that that is the HICAS CU. Just the large plug, PS specific and other I/O. I can't see that there'd be a need/want for the (non-HICAS) PS CU to be watching any of those inputs other than the speed sensor.
    • I replaced the entire IACV assembly with new unit from Nissan, idle acts the exact same, starts and runs with idle rock solid at 900, as soon as I plug in the solenoid from the new IACV the idle races up to 1400, even with idle adjustment on side back of intake manifold maxed out for lowest idle still way too high around 1200.  Again if I unplug the IACV, turn idle screw to about half and it runs fine at around 900. thinking about just leaving it unplugged, do not ever plan to drive it when its cold, and always stored in climate control garage, just sucks to spend 500 dollars and have no change, could have left the original at this point. any other thoughts as to what it could be? maybe not even worth pursuing? that is if cold start idle aid was the only reason for Nissan to have this part anyway. tried AC and other loads and it never seemed to push idle below stall.
    • I don't know if this is accurate. The EPC places the EPS control unit somewhere in the engine bay or somewhere in the interior near the firewall, presumably because the things it's controlling mostly live up in the front of the car unlike HICAS which has a whole steering rack on the rear axle to handle. @D.phantom The R32 GTR manual actually has more than I give credit for talking about the non-HICAS cars: You can probe the pins on the diagnostic connector directly to read the EPS solenoid voltage as far as I can tell following the flow chart.