SAU Community

Break In

SKYLVIA

ok so this is how my night went down:

started work at 4 (doing 4-12 shifts at the mo'), parked the car up at the London Cct/YMCA carpark (just up from allara house and taxation office) and all is well, i decide to go outside for some fresh air at about 9.50pm and all of a sudden my car alarm starts going off, i look in the direction of my car and theres the car lights flashing (wasnt 100% sure it was my car as i havent heard my car alarm go off too often) and i see a couple of guys run off, so i walk up to my car and my drivers side window is on the ground, its tinted window so it didnt smash, it was just in a cracked heap on the ground. i look up at the bushes at the top and see some guy in the bushes, and as i dont have but have been meaning to get a baseball bat, i yell out, "what the f**k c**ts! come out f**kers!" and see 3 guys piss off through the bushes and on to the other side of the bushes (the big round about) and hear doors open, doors close, car drive off.

so i call 000 as its the only number i know for the police, i get through and i say my cars broken into, lady sayd "ok do you need police, ambulance...?" and i said police, she puts me through to canberra police. i then speak to some other bloke who then says it isnt an emergency and i need to call 131 444, so i call that number and am on hold for 10 minutes. i hang up and call 000 again, they put me through to canberra and i get an absoloute f**king arogant prick of a pig, this is how the convo went:

Me: "hi yeah need to report a car break in"

Pig: "you need to call 131 444"

Me: "yeah i called that number and was on hold for 10 minutes"

Pig: "you need to hold and wait for an operator as all the operators are busy"

Me: "ok i work on a 24x7 helpdesk and need to be at work..."

Pig: "you need to hold and wait for an operator as all the operators are busy"

Me: (thinking WTF! am i talking to a machine or some shit?!) "how many people are working? how long am i going to be on hold? i need to be at work"

Pig: "that isnt relevant, im terminating this call"

Me: WHAT THE f**k!?!?!?!

Ok so i call 131 444 and go back to the office and am on hold for about 7 minutes. then get someone who says "you need to call 6256 7777" ok then so i call 6256 7777 and am on hold for about 5 minutes and get a lady who is semi helpful and asks for my name, car model, what happened etc... she says she will call back when someone can come out to have a look. i get a call back about 2 minutes later and she says its not something she can deal with, to call 6256 7777 and request for city station... so i call 6256 7777 and am on hold for about 4 minutes and a guy answers "hi i need to be put through to city station" guy says "ok you need to call 131 444" i say "mate ive called 000 ive called 131 444 twice and ive called 6256 7777" so he then goes on to tell me theres nothing they can do, they dont get people to come and look at the car (i didnt touch anything because i thought they DO) and that i need to make a list of everything missing and call them tomorrow. 50 minutes of my life wasted. WOO HOO COPS ARE AWESOME!

so i go back to the car, take some shots with my phone (not too great theres almost no lighting) and park it round the front of allara house.

have had abit of a look and nothings been taken. my head unit is a gay piece of shit JVC and was still there. my turbo timer was still there. my boost gauge was bent up so they obviously tried to take it. only thing ive noticed gone is my big red chewing gum from my centre console. when i get home ill have a thorough look and update this if needed.

so ill be calling just car, which im insured with 3rd party fire+theft and see what they can do for me.

anywho, that was/is my sunday night, how was yours?

Edited by SKYLVIA

That bad news man but could have been worse if u didn`t go for some fresh air , cops really don`t care about car break in , i had a car stolen went to the cop shop to report it and almost got arrested the cop was say he wasn`t gunna take the stolen car report as he didn`t think the car was stolen i went OFF my head

What did the junkies look like if u see them again will u know them ?

What really gets up my nose is that the same f*cking organisation can find time to bust you for doing 10k over the limit, but can't find the time to come out and do some REAL police work. As Gus said, we are treated like the crims all because we upset the cops comfort zone. I could go on and on but it would only be seen as a cop hate diatribe [as opposed to the truth about under performance and lack of service].

BTW Sorry to here Skylvia, I guess you were lucky in a way, damage was minimal.

ok so im not covered for anything by my insurance company or my work. looks like ill be paying for the window myself...

can anyone recommend some wreckers that would have a drivers side window for a 91 S13? ive called one place in QBN and he said if i pay $100 now he might have one by tomoro, but im not too sure about paying for something he hasnt got... any advise?

oh and called nissan, window to be imported from japan would cost me $1000+ so new window is out of the question...

Edited by SKYLVIA

yer my sunday night was rad pissed up got with this girl and went to work at 2am lol

sorry to hear man i feel for ya my old ccar was parked on captain cook cres one morning and i come out to finde all my windows smashed and nothing taking not evan my $500 6x9s on the rear parcell shelf

can anyone recommend some wreckers that would have a drivers side window for a 91 S13? ive called one place in QBN and he said if i pay $100 now he might have one by tomoro, but im not too sure about paying for something he hasnt got... any advise?

Don't go there. If that guys wants your buisiness he'll order you the part, and you'll pay when it arrives.

But I'd suggest looking around the jap wreckers online if you can - should be able to get overnight from Sydney and save yourself a few bucks. :P

Dude, it completely sucks. I had a similar runaround with the police when my skyline was broken into. The truth is that they don’t care and don’t want to know about it. so much of all that CSI crap. There could be finger prints all over the car, from people who most likely have a criminal record. But they don’t want to know about it.

Any way good luck with getting a window. You could try www.justjap.com

(02) 9545 0532

They have a lot of second hand stuff mainly skylines though

And there’s also jhen auto imports who specialize in spare parts and half cuts

(07) 5593 556

I’ll see if I can find some more for you there are quite a few adverts through all my HPI magazines

Yeah, the cops didn't want to know dick about it when my 33 got broken into. Hell, they didn't do shit about my sister in law's car being stolen and burnt out, so what hope is there?

To get a permit you have to be in a gun club and go to a certain number of events each year.

And what good's a baseball bat going to do when you're not near the car?? Someone needs to setup a system where the chassis of the car becomes electrified.....a nice bit of 240v down the line would be good.

Just hope they don't piss all over your car when it gets em!

Actually, what really gets me is apparently alarm systems where you install the siren inside the cabin is illegal??

Its a dead end situation what ever way you look at it Beau. If the cops had of come and taken prints and the guys were known felons the punishment wouldn't be much at all. They would be out of jail in a few months and probably try track your car down and do much worse then a broken window. If they were under aged then they would probably get off with a warning. And then if you yourself actually caught them and busted a few heads wide open it would be your azz going to jail.

Best thing you can do is get it fixed as cheap as possible and look for a better spot to park - or get a trunk monkey