SAU Community

Cruise & Camp (victor Harbor Or Other Alternatives)

J_Red33

Hello everyone,

Thought I should post this idea up since it was talked about between a few of us on sunday that we should do a cruise & camp to Victor Harbor & several people want to do a cruise that way. Since it looks like there's going to be a bit on in December & too many peoples books are full it looks like the idea time to do a cruise & camp would be some time in January while it's nice & warm.

People that can't stay could also organise subseqent cruises back out on saturday afternoon & another group coming back in on sunday to meet up with us.

This is just an idea at the moment, but the sooner the ball is rolling the more I'm sure would be able to come.

Please post up your interest & any suggestions.

Cheers, Jared

Date: unknown (January is unfortunantely a no go as almost all accomodation being booked out due mostly to being summer & school holidays, Thanks to Andrew for doing the hard yards on the phone)

Camp location: Unknown

Suggestions of alternate locations:

Stansbury

Manuum

Goolwa

Normanville

People interested so far:

Cubes

mr_rbman

4dirty2

Race_24

Madaz

johnn

kralster

pokie

TuffR32

Bl4cK32

Oosh

R32Abuser

Whiplash

ukai?

dangerman4?

chops?

Nightcrawler

sinistagtst

-SKYLINE-?

Adz2332

paullys 32

Me

Edited by JazzaR33

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cruise and camp down to Stansbury?

A good few hour easy drive and cheap to camp out at the local caravan park.

I did this with a few friends, stayed a couple of days and watched the fireworks from Stansbury in Adelaide for new years a good 5-6years ago. :D

It is a long drive and many things could go wrong if people be silly so it may not be such a good idea.

The only problem I see is that i garuntee you will not get a camping spot in either Victor Harbor or Port Elliot in January.

The Port Elliot caravan park (the best one) is booked out most of december all of january for the next 100 years. If you have a spot down there you hold onto it for life.

Sounds like an awesome idea though.

If i can assist in anyway just let me know. I know the guy who owns the caravan park haven't seen him for a while but i could try and see what happens if you like.

i'd be in for this, youse can camp and i'll stay at my grandad's

ahaha.

as long as this isn't happening around the start of January

coz i have my b'day then and yeah.

camping will be a new experience for me, so i'll be looking

forward to it :D

I did this with a few friends, stayed a couple of days and watched the fireworks from Stansbury in Adelaide for new years a good 5-6years ago. ;)

It is a long drive and many things could go wrong if people be silly so it may not be such a good idea.

Im up for this cubes. Ive been to Stansbury heaps. Love the place.

I did this with a few friends, stayed a couple of days and watched the fireworks from Stansbury in Adelaide for new years a good 5-6years ago. ;)

Speaking for myself and a few others on this board i think weve seen the horrific tradgedy of what can go wrong when not being silly just a freindly reminder of this before starting out a voyage wouldnt be a bad thing

im up for what ever so long as ive got the cash

The only problem I see is that i garuntee you will not get a camping spot in either Victor Harbor or Port Elliot in January.

The Port Elliot caravan park (the best one) is booked out most of december all of january for the next 100 years. If you have a spot down there you hold onto it for life.

Sounds like an awesome idea though.

If i can assist in anyway just let me know. I know the guy who owns the caravan park haven't seen him for a while but i could try and see what happens if you like.

Yeah that is probably true when it comes to Victor, there are other caravan parks down that way we could go to. Could make it Normanville or Goolwa or even Rapid Bay. Will call the victor caravan parks though before rulling this out, but need a better idea of numbers first.

Speaking for myself and a few others on this board i think weve seen the horrific tradgedy of what can go wrong when not being silly just a freindly reminder of this before starting out a voyage wouldnt be a bad thing

im up for what ever so long as ive got the cash

Thinking he may be referring to more than just crashes mate. Break downs & stuff would also be on the cards for that long a trip.

I'd also suggest if we were going to go as far as Stansbury the car's being used are running reliably, & that people should try & bring tools & spare parts just in case.

Somewhere like Victor it's not so hard too go & get something if you really need it.

Edited by JazzaR33

Somewhere like Victor it's not so hard too go & get something if you really need it.

its 45mins to pt wakefield and a little longer (about 55mins) to get to stansbury.

Its a fact of life no matter where u go there will be a risk. Real dangers come at night (i wont be driving the pt wakefield / yorke peninsula route via night time ever again) when people do the ususal "im gunna take over anything that gets in front of me" routine.

Its not that much different of a long trip over say going victor to goolwa etc.... :/ plus they have fried chicken at the servos between here and there >_<