SAU Community

Got A New Clutch Installed

Nic19

hey guys i got a new exedy clutch put in just a sports tuff button one. and now when i take off it has a weird vibration just on take off when the revs r low. Is this ok or should i get it checked out.

Nic

Hey, I also have this noise...Only just figured out it was the clutch last night, also an exedy heavy duty that was installed by the previous owner...For me it happens between 1000-2000rpm in 2nd-above when applying throttle...Can anyone shed any light on how to get rid of this extremely annoying noise?

Edited by RaseR

Its not the tail shaft?

Sometimes if you don't index the shaft in relation to the diff, it can upset it. It would have been off the same time the box and clutch was out.

Maybe try rotating it 180deg, if you still have the problem, its more then likely a clutch issue.

Hi All,

I also have an Exedy clutch and i'm experiencing the same problem!! Such a pain...

I think i will try taking the tail shaft out and rotating it 180 degrees and see what happens...

Has anybody else tried this?

come on guys, let put our heads together and try different things and see if we can get rid of this vibration....

If anybody happens to have any success, please let us know....

Its not the tail shaft?

Sometimes if you don't index the shaft in relation to the diff, it can upset it. It would have been off the same time the box and clutch was out.

Maybe try rotating it 180deg, if you still have the problem, its more then likely a clutch issue.

Actually, I just had a thought,

you mentioned the tail shaft IN RELATION to the diff??

I didn't actually take the tail shaft out at all.. I just slid it out when I took the tranny out...

does it matter how the tail shaft goes into the tranny??

Its not the tail shaft?

Pretty sure mine is an exedy heavy duty organic clutch, not button style but it still has the shuddering noise...unless of course I'm wrong about what type of clutch I have (previous owner installed)..

How would I tell if mine's a button clutch? It drives just like a normal clutch, just a bit heavier, really easy in traffic...unlike many button clutches...

I have an organic excedy clutch bought from C & B from these forums in the group buy..

I havnt heard the noise before in my car.

However with those 3-5 puk clutches and those super super dooper heavy duty clutches you will experience those noises at lower rpms.. Its prefectly normal..

But for a simple clutch you shouldnt be hearin it..

Edited by siddr20

when i used to have a standard clutch, it was fine with no shudder, but when it was almost worn out and dying, it did start to shudder when sliped. the longer the slip, the worse the shudder got.

shudder went away when i replaced the clutch

yeah. if its organic. it shouldnt' shudder. but the exedy ones a pretty renound for it.

dave you might remember my clutch had that shudder/chatter noise when i was sliping it at the workshop where you used to work