SAU Community

Sliding Performance Hiflow Picks And Installationon Rb20det

CEF11E

I have purchased a Sliding Performance RB25 hiflow for RB20 and will be installing it on my RB20det over the weekend and thought as there was no results on them with RB20det's I will post all my results here.

The turbo arrived as soon as Aaron promised and my first opinions are it is a good quality product. The machining and finish is very high quality and the CHRA came filled with fully synthetic oil. Both the compressor and turbine are new as well as the whole shaft, bearings and carteridge.

Here are some photos.

100_1180.jpg

100_1179.jpg

100_1178.jpg

100_1177.jpg

100_1176.jpg

100_1175.jpg

100_1174.jpg

100_1173.jpg

The turbo will be going on a mildly modified RB20det with approx 100,000K's and the following

RB20 turbo wastegate

BOS importing split dump/front pipe

3" meatalcat

2.75" kakimoto JASMA approved catback (will be upgrading to 3" later)

TRUST tube and fin FMIC

GTR 444cc injectors

GTR fuel pump

Remapped factory ECU

pneumatic/mechanical turbotech boost controller

NGK copper plugs gapped to 0.9 (factory coils still in good condition)

Stock cams, airbox, BOV, panel filter.

Other modifications to come will also be 1.5 way mechanical diff and brass button clutch.

I will not have a chance to dyno the car and make adjustments to the timing and fuel map untill next Thursday but will post the results once done. currently I estimate the car is making around 140RWKW. I am hoping for 210RWKW once installed.

Will keep you all posted :(

Cheers

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it's funny. I think it is because the snout is tapered it actually looks a lot more bored than it actually is. There is a good bit of meat left on the snout. it just looks super thin in the photos :(

I may have ot re estimate my initial power estimate after calculating the flow of the 2.75" exhaust compared to a 3". I worked out it will flow 19% less than a 3"

If I am wrong please feel free to correct me. but I think it will be a fairly large restriction and I will not have the time or money to replace it untill after the dyno is done.

but we will see how it goes.

Edited by CEF11E

I think you will reach 200rwkws (all depends on the boost you run I guess) with all the mods you have said. You will need to sort out your ecu as you menioned and once thats done I dont see why you cant get what you want even with the 2.75 " exuast. Anymore than about 200-210rwkws you will need to add a z32 as the stock afm will be running out of resolution.

I have the very same turbo, and am equally impressed with the finish and quality of the product.

I just installed it on my RB20 with similar mods but stock ecu. Suppose to be getting a dyno and remap tomorrow but this isnt happening now, so im going to run a remap ecu from a similar turbo until i can get to a dyno.

its pretty laggy on a stock ECU map i can say that much!`

haha arent all rb20's laggy. I had a 2530 on mine in the old sil80 and damn it felt laggy in comparison to a mates sr with a 2530. Pissed me off cause i hate sr's. RB's FOREVER :)

Im guessing full boost by about 4500??

lol, mine hopefully is being milled up today :P

hope to get it installed onto the Stagea within the next few weeks, but we'll have to see what I can get organised - healing from the patellectomy so cant drive for a while yet. :laugh:

Not sure about the oil feed yet. I am going to take mine off first thing saturday morning and head over to pirtek with it and the 2 banjo bolts. will either get a nre braided one made up or mod mine to suit. The banjo bolts have to be drilled out to 6mm and the banjo fittings need to be drilled out to 5mm.

I do have the tools but would rather a pro did it. :laugh:

Interesting to hear about your braided line pricing/specs if you go for that option :)

I want a new turbo too - but dam the delay from Sliding :D:P :P

Just grab another turbo, I have a spare waiting for the hi-flo treatment. Perfect working order, swapped a set of stock R33 wheels for it ;)

wasnt able to get to the dyno today, so i had Jeff from The Speed Lab put my cefiro remap that was suited to the KKR 430 onto my r32, while not perfect its still better then running the stock map with this turbo.

the ceffy remap was tuned for 16-17 psi, but for safety until i get the car onto the duyno, im running 1 bar.

Im getting full boost at over 4000 rpm but before 4500. from then on it pulls extremally hard,

Comparing to my cefiro, which had 200 rwkw, this feels slightly quicker.

The downside is that offboost and while its trying to build boost down low in the rpm range its bloody slow lol.