SAU Community

Removing The Clock From The Dash...

GoldZilla

Hey all...

I was thinking of eventually removing the clock from the centre of the dash and maybe replacing it with a centre channel speaker when I get the rest of the stereo done.

Brad and Cyrus, I'm guessing you guys have both ripped the complete dash out before, so I'd just like to know if that's necessary, or can I just remove the top section that houses the clock itself without going to all that extra hassle? Also, how much room is there underneath the clock?

Cheers,

Nick

:(

i looked at doing the same thing last year, but to fit a 4inch speaker you'd need to cut some of the air vent and redirect it away from the speaker. make a mesh mould to protect it. and of course youll need to make some sort of mounts for the speaker to sit in/on etc.

it is very possible just depends on how much time and if you can be bothered or not.

if it's just the clock in the top of the dash it just pops out the top with a bit of gentle leaverage with a screwdriver. then there is a small brown electrical connector to disconnect.

If you do want to get rid of it i would love to take it off your hands as mine doesn't work. PM me if your interested