SAU Community

Golf Driving Event - 9th DEC Sat

Rekin

Event planned;

Date : Saturday 9th December

Time: 7pm - ive booked Golfcraze from 5pm onwards, but it may suit people more to all meet at 7pm?

GolfCraze will be closed to general public except for people who state they part of sau.

Food and Bar at event

Price: $5 per hour with discounted alcohol rates. cheap booze!

No minimum hours or minimum players, bring who ever you want :laugh:

Address:

450 Nepean highway, Chelsea

clubs and golf balls are provided

Booze prices;

VB usually $4.50, $3

fosters same

light ice usually $3.70, $2.50

hahn prem light the same

vodka cruisers usually $3.50, $2.50

j/w & j/b cans usually $5, $3.50

GOLF_CRAZE_ADD.mp3

- Patrick

-------------

Making an expression of interest for anyone who would be interested in a Virtual Driving Range Golf simulator day?

http://www.golfcraze.com.au

Basically smash the ball into the screen, where it shows a virtual image of your hit, speed, range etc. Can also play a round on tiger woods golf game etc.

If you're not into golf you can at least see how fast you could smack someone with a golf club :yucky:

Website above has some pictures and more info.

Max people per simulator is 4, which I can get it down to $5 per hour (per person)

There is a place to sit and a bar to purchase your drinks/booze, althought seating is only for players :sick:

If i get enough replies in this thread ill plan a time.

Feel free to also post a time suitable for yourself and others as it will be easier to plan that way :laugh:

- Patrick

Sounds like fun. I'm in.

Also @ Albert park Golf driving range, you can buy/drink beer and aim for the guy in the ball picking up tractor :laugh:

Sounds like fun. I'm in.

Also @ Albert park Golf driving range, you can buy/drink beer and aim for the guy in the ball picking up tractor :laugh:

I used to be that guy at the driving range here....only I didn't always get to be in the tractor....sometimes you have to do it on foot :D

Its fun because everyone aims at you, but most of them have no chance of getting you....

Then there's the people with a good aim.... :D

It's right across the road from the hospital though, so not far to travel :sorcerer:

I'm interested in playing an actual game of golf or going to a driving range, not sure of the simulator idea though.

I'm just learning to play so it makes for some pretty entertaining golfing. I can't hit it far but I can hit straight which is good!!

well sounds like there is a bit of interest and think it might be better idea to open this event to non-members.

In regards to MissJuz, the simulator allows you to analyse how and where the ball was hit on the club head, so you can adjust your swing and actually see the difference in distance travelled and how it curves etc. In my opinion best to learn via the simulator and then off to the course :)

These systems in Driving range mode, will show,

- Hit distance

- Face angle

- In/out swing path

- Angle of attack

- Club speed

- Ball speed

- Swing tempo

- Left/right of centre

- Left/right of path

- Toe/heel heights

- Sweet spot

So you will always know what your doing wrong, we also have a golf pro on site that will be able to provide tips & lessons to get you one step closer to paring more holes.

As this is indoor it would be best to leave it for night as in the day may as well go to an actual golf course/driving range.

Im thinking of after 7-8pm on any day.

Maybe even 8pm this Friday or Saturday.

Post up your preffered time and if you would like this open to the non-members. :P

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

If any mod could move this to general events, as I believe there may be more interest

okay noobs,

Date: Saturday 9th December

Time: 7pm - ive booked Golfcraze from 5pm onwards, but it may suit people more to all meet at 7pm?

GolfCraze will be closed to general public except for people who state they part of sau.

Food and Bar at event

Price: $5 per hour with discounted alcohol rates.

Attached is radio add

GOLF_CRAZE_ADD.mp3

Did i mention cheap booze?

For more info;

www.golfcraze.com.au

today (2nd dec) golfcraze has free 1/2 hour play i think and will also have 101.1 radio station there handing out prizes and i think a live broadcast. They will be there at 2:45PM~.

If you uncertain about coming next week, could always get a free look/play today.

Could I also get a confirmation on who would be attending next week?

Thanks

- Patrick