SAU Community

Problems With My Line.

dacow

Hey all,

I seem to have a problem with my S2 33 GTS-T. The Bosch 040 in tank suddenly has gotten REALLLLLLLLLLY loud. It's never been this loud before and only seems to be getting louder. Previously to getting it tuned (3 weeks ago), you couldn't hear it at all. It got tuned with new injectors and I'm assuming the PowerFC is asking it to flow more so it's louder. Loud being the whiney noise you hear when it works.

The car cannot boost at the moment. It was fine after the tune, however I took a drive up to Newcastle and on the way back it started spluttering when I boosted it. At first I thought it was the clutch slipping so thats been changed for a new item. Now it's still doing it. Basically on stock boost or any boost, the car runs fine but when it tries to boost at 4-4.5K rpm it starts to backfire, and the engine cuts in and out. The same feeling you get when you hit redline except it sounds like it's backfiring. Doesn't matter what gear it is, as soon as it starts to boost same thing happens.

Does anyone have any ideas or questions which might enable me to sort it out? The only thing I can think of is the fuel pump? It was boosting fine after the tune. Two days after the tune I took it to Newcastle. It's since been off the road due to me waiting for the clutch and installation and now it seems the problem is still there.

Any points would be greatful. I'll be taking it to a workshop soon but just interested to see if anyone has anything to add :P I only drive it back and forth from the station but I'm worried more driving could potentially cause damage to it.

Thanks all for reading :no:

The car cannot boost at the moment. It was fine after the tune, however I took a drive up to Newcastle and on the way back it started spluttering when I boosted it. At first I thought it was the clutch slipping so thats been changed for a new item. Now it's still doing it. Basically on stock boost or any boost, the car runs fine but when it tries to boost at 4-4.5K rpm it starts to backfire, and the engine cuts in and out. The same feeling you get when you hit redline except it sounds like it's backfiring. Doesn't matter what gear it is, as soon as it starts to boost same thing happens.

Probably the classic dying coil packs.

They all do it.... in fact mine is doing it at the moment too. You'll most likely need to go get yourself a replacement set of coils - unless it turns out to be something else that's causing the problem

Same problem struck me; my 040 got REAL loud and then I started to lose power a week or so later. Turned out the pump was rooted and the power loss is due to the pump not maintaining adequate fuel pressure. Changed my pump and all was sweet. On a side note, my 040 was less than a year old and was in really bad condition when I removed it from the tank so I am now a little dubious of bosch's quality control.

Edited by Dman666

Same problem struck me; my 040 got REAL loud and then I started to lose power a week or so later. Turned out the pump was rooted and the power loss is due to the pump not maintaining adequate fuel pressure. Changed my pump and all was sweet. On a side note, my 040 was less than a year old and was in really bad condition when I removed it from the tank so I am now a little dubious of bosch's quality control.

i've heard quite a few horror stories about the bosch fuel pumps, but then i'm sure heaps of people have no troubles with em. I wouldn't get one though.

Gus have you by any chance tried hitting it with a hammer?? That works for me with things....

sounds exactly like it.. outta the tuner's shop and it was moderately loud.. but not as loud as it is today.. mind I ask what you ended up changing it for?

sounds exactly like it.. outta the tuner's shop and it was moderately loud.. but not as loud as it is today.. mind I ask what you ended up changing it for?

Was a little short on cash at the time so went back to a stock.....no drama's since.......been keeping a lookout for a cheap tomei one though.