SAU Community

Skyline Got New Bits,intercooler Finaly On

WogsRus

Here you go,

thanks go out to ydawak and my brother chinna, did a fantastic job, the car goes dam hard, still have some nigglles, as the computer is not tuned.

here are some pics.

ALSO need some help in relation to this

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...=135917&hl=

post-27760-1159143878.jpg

post-27760-1159143900.jpg

post-27760-1159144095.jpg

Edited by WogsRus

yeah the tune is october 3, but kutzie was a bit weird last night, i asked if i could hang around to watch and he was like, humm yeah not sure, what eva.

MY blody problem is now, for some reason, the car missfires at 4500-5500 rpm and then nothing goes fine. who know what it is. I have already done the plugs and coils, will redo tonight.

Also going to check for vacume leaks and do my AAC valve and reset the computer and go for a thrash to make sure the computer sets up OK.

yeah, would think the plubs, they gapped to 0.8?

Alsom R33's do have a flat spot through the mid range so maybe that's what you're experiencing? If you've got a new cooler and more boost i'd say that's what it is. A tune should sort it out if you've got a SAFC or better.

Toffy, what else you got lying arround. I actually have a series 2, but the series 1 front, so i ave no ignitor, BUT if you have one, i'll buy it as i want to swap to a wasted spark ignition system. SO gimemememememe

I went there, great bunch of guys, certainly know their stuff, that is where i got teh new pump from. The price for spplitfires form there is more then on the net, but i can get a whole system setup in wasted spark for about $150 but i need an ignitor. so if anyone has one i'de love top buy one.

BTW Toffy, found that cat yet? love to have it before tusday as that is my dyno day.

• 1 month later...
yeah the tune is october 3, but kutzie was a bit weird last night, i asked if i could hang around to watch and he was like, humm yeah not sure, what eva.

MY blody problem is now, for some reason, the car missfires at 4500-5500 rpm and then nothing goes fine. who know what it is. I have already done the plugs and coils, will redo tonight.

Also going to check for vacume leaks and do my AAC valve and reset the computer and go for a thrash to make sure the computer sets up OK.

Hi,

I installed a FMIC on my old R33 GTS-t with exhaust and pod filter at the same time...

Never really got to the bottom on the flat spot and misfiring at 5-6K. Re-gapped plugs to smaller gap, maybe around .7 or so and was just left with flat spot...

Had a feeling the flat spot happened after the modifications, but never tried to reverse the changes, I've heard this is fairly common although there is anicdotal evidence that a power fc plus full re-tune fixed...

I have already tuned mine, but still no good, a bit flat, so who knows. I presume the ECU is going into R&R as the SAFC II can only do so much, will see, might have a MINES ECU comming soon. Also my coils are shot, so i need to fix that first, which will also improve response and power as a better stronger spark means better ignition ect. Also need a good boost controller, mine is all over the place.

My gap is down to 0.6mm just so it stops missfiring.

So how is your car going?

I have already tuned mine, but still no good, a bit flat, so who knows. I presume the ECU is going into R&R as the SAFC II can only do so much, will see, might have a MINES ECU comming soon. Also my coils are shot, so i need to fix that first, which will also improve response and power as a better stronger spark means better ignition ect. Also need a good boost controller, mine is all over the place.

My gap is down to 0.6mm just so it stops missfiring.

So how is your car going?

0.6 u wouldn't want to go any lower :huh:

As for the MINES ECU, i dont know how much your paying for it but if its over $100 then i really wouldn't worry about it :no:

Just wait till u can a PFC ($800) and stop spending money on other crap that you dont really need :wave:

no doubt it is the coils!!

has happened to me 3 times now... next time will be wasted spark! (but I have 3 sets of coils now, should be able to find 6 good ones!)

:) u can never really have enough hey Todd!!!

Well i got the ignitor and new loom comming for $80 so that's sweet. Got the AU coils and leeds to suit skyline, $100, now i just need to wait for all the bits to arrive, and then put it all together.

Not bad for $180, plus my time.

The Mines ECU is $250, i am not going to get a PFC ever, don't like them, Wolf all the way, but need more money first. So i figured i can get the ECU and then sell it later, so it gets rid of the dam R&R.

As to the sparks, yeah .6mm hay, and still only about 8-10 psi boost, as i also need a new boost controller, dam turbos, always more money. LOL.

Well i got the ignitor and new loom comming for $80 so that's sweet. Got the AU coils and leeds to suit skyline, $100, now i just need to wait for all the bits to arrive, and then put it all together.

Not bad for $180, plus my time.

The Mines ECU is $250, i am not going to get a PFC ever, don't like them, Wolf all the way, but need more money first. So i figured i can get the ECU and then sell it later, so it gets rid of the dam R&R.

As to the sparks, yeah .6mm hay, and still only about 8-10 psi boost, as i also need a new boost controller, dam turbos, always more money. LOL.

Different strokes for different folks dude,

interesting that you want to go WOLF over PFC, can u shed some light on that why, personal prefernace or sourced information for your current supporting mods???

I've known a couple of peeps to run a WOLF and after they got sick of spending money to get it right, they pulled them out and bought a PFC.

WHen you weigh up the cost different you would actually be infront if you were to buy a PFC ($800ish brand new) compared to new WOLF or even 2nd hand gear!!!

With the MINES ECU just make sure it really is a MINES cause i've known 3 people now that have paid extra for cars cause they had a "MINES" ECU and all they were was the front cover and seal.

Crack em open and they were stock as a rock inside :rant:

Hopefully once you get the extra spark mod done you will be able to regap the plugs (to atleast 0.8) and wind a little more into the old girl!!!

Have you done the high boost mod yet or not going to bother???

Give me a yell if you need a hand with anything :whistling:

GMB

yeah it's a proper mines tuned ECU, got the serial and seen inside, but not sure if i will get it as yet.

Why Wolf, well i have worked on these before at uni, and the new plug and play V5 is GREAT, much more simple to use then a PFC, full laptop tuning, and loging. You can get rid of the dam AFM ect ect. I simply like these more over a PFC. new V5 has boost controll as standard and a whole heap of smaller features. I know the older vertions of WOLF sucked a bit, splicing looms ect, but the new ones are the BOMB.

As to the spark, well it's hard to make power down low, with crap spark, the car is great up top, but when i pulled the spark out to see what it looks like, you could hardly see it. LOL. SHITE.

Still need a decent boost controller, runing stock in hi mode. But seeing as it is a bleder type, depending on outside temp, the boost is anywhere form 8 to 12 psi. LOL, big FMIC tends to do that.

Looking at a GIZZMO, looks good, works well, but also like the HYBRID EBC. Not sure, need more cash.

im betting your midrange problem has something to do with the .6mm gap :D , i havent even touched the plug gap in my 33 but i have bought new coilpacks, if you have a pod that can also cause the flat spot so make a cai of some sort, have you tilted your bonnet up at the rear yet? :D

(im gunna gap my plugs this w/e to .9 just to see if it makes any difference in performance, reset my timing(bcause its been retarded for ages) and make myself a waterspray kit and a cai of some dodgy description ;) , then its off to the dyno for a power run to see what its makin :P ), ill post up the dyno figure when i get it :)

yeah i recon the gap does not help. Whay plugs did you buy, splitfires? I finaly got my bits together for my wasted spark. When i pulled my coil out to see the spark, i could hardly see it. LOl. so this will definatly help.

I have no CAI, yet to make it up. But i have some good ideas as to how i want to do it.

AS for the bonnet thing, well no, i don't like the look of it, but hay.

Can't wait to see the water sprays, i'll pinch your design. LOL.

Keep us posted