SAU Community

Official: Sau Tokyo Auto Salon Meet Up

Rezz

I'm guilty of pulling out of the 2005 TAS meet up, but not this time.

Links:

e-autosalon.net

Makuhari Messe (Convention Center)

Where?

MAKUHARI MESSE (Nippon Convention Center)

International Exhibit Halls 1 through 8.

2-1, Nakase, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba-ken, Japan

When?

Show schedule

January 12 to 14, 2007 (Friday through Sunday)

Some restrictions apply on Friday, not open to the public.

Email:

[email protected]

Train Map:

gallery_4816_41_21497.jpg

gallery_4816_41_36352.jpg

Notes:

Saturday 13th January 2007

- Morning meet up point: Outside JR Makuhari Station (East exit?)

Time: 9:00am

- Midday meet up point: Outside 'Central Cafeteria' to the left of the main entrance as you walk in

Time: 12:00pm

- Evening meet up point: Outside main entrance

Time: TBA

I'll make a list of all the people who are interested in coming at the bottom of this post, and update it as we go along. I want to try and avoid a possible situation where 20 people are raring to go but waiting on one or two people, so we'll have to make a final cut off time for the meet up. I realize that we can't all walk around in one group (we're all interested in different things at different times) so a morning meet up point, a lunch time meet up point, and an after show meet up point will be in place. I also realize that numbers will dwindle at each successive meet up point, so I'm not expecting big numbers for any after show things we might organise. I'll add to this section too as 'probems' arise...

I'll post up my JDM mobile phone number when I reconnect it in November. Feel free to call/email me beforehand or even at TAS if you can't find us etc. I'll post up other members numbers too if they can help out.

Member List:

Rezz (Justin) - Definate

Shiro240 (Steve) - Definate

Beer Baron (Richard) - Definate

Circusmonkey (Christian) - 90% definate

Demon Dave - (Dave) - Definate

Asphalt Jet - (Thomas) - Definate

RaceBorn - (Amir) - Definate

Poida - (Poida) - Definate

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Rezz,

Considering this will be right down the road from me, and since I've been wanting to go for ages now, there's no way I can miss it. However, I am slightly confused about your itenerary. With this show going on for 3 days, are you proposing to meet up for all three or just one of the three? If the latter, what date/time were you looking at?

Edited by shiro240

Hey Rezz,

Considering this will be right down the road from me, and since I've been wanting to go for ages now, there's no way I can miss it. However, I am slightly confused about your itenerary. With this show going on for 3 days, are you proposing to meet up for all three or just one of the three? If the latter, what date/time were you looking at?

Haha thats one thing I totally forgot about... what day?

Saturday for sure for the big meet up, but I will endevour to get in on the Friday too with Nick and Richard if they'll sort out the 'press passes'...

yeah, i say we make saturday the big meet day. Sunday is crazy busy and friday is half day only unless you have prior arrangments (press pass, trade pass etc).

I will try and get a hold of some exhibitor tickets again too and will definately try and get some extra for you justin.

1 thing I have never done at TAS is go and check out the carpark mainly because most days there it's pissing down rain! if it's fine next year I wouldn't mind going for a walk to check it out.

Richard I take it you an Nick will be there come hell or high water... so on the list you go!

yeah we have both said no TAS 2007 as that would mean 3 years in a row. but i think your money would be safe betting on us both being there. :P

I will be going(90% def.), if I am not working.

Will you supply race queens for SAU regulars, Justin? :(

Alright Christian! Finally we might get to meet in person :(

I'll see what I can do about ladies, but don't count on it :P

• 3 weeks later...

Still alive and kicking. Don't get much time to surf as of late, so not been on here that much recently.

As for TAS, well my eldest son will probably be there. Although I'm not sure about Senna, he's only 2 at the moment, but he loves cars.

I wonder if Troy is going to make the trip over?

Edited by Demon Dave

I'll definately be at the TAS 2007, looking at the new GT-R :(

I'm not sure if i'll make the meetup, I might be heading over on Sunday. i'll be in Tokyo for a few days beforehand and want to see the sights because straight after that im flying up to Sapporo. If I do make it on the Saturday i'll be sure to meet and greet.

I'll definately be at the TAS 2007, looking at the new GT-R :D

I'm not sure if i'll make the meetup, I might be heading over on Sunday. i'll be in Tokyo for a few days beforehand and want to see the sights because straight after that im flying up to Sapporo. If I do make it on the Saturday i'll be sure to meet and greet.

Speaking of Tokyo...

I was just thinking that because of all the motorheads in the Tokyo Metro area for the show, surely there must be some sort of after-party/cruise going on during the weekend. Anyone heard about anything--maybe at Daikokufuto?