SAU Community

My New R33 4door

ydawak

Hey all,

I am new so as ofg a few weeks ago so i thought i should share my car with you all. There are a few things i ahve done to it since i bought it.

First i got new coilovers - coz my shocks and springs were knackered.

Boost controller

Then i got some simple things like speco boost gauge and apexi turbo timer.

Intercooler

I was having some fuel problems (using a Sh!tload) so i took the car to nissan thinking that the job would be a $300 job or something like that and walked away with new GCG Highflow turbo, dump pipe and front pipe, exhaust manifold plained and straightened (due to warping) new gaskets, bolts, new o2 sensor, airflow meter and a couple of other things. The bolts on the manifol had snapped (8 of the 12 were stuffed) and a few other things were gone aswell. $3000 later went home from nissan and POOOOOOFFFFFF my intercooler piping blew off. They didnt fix it back on quite properly. (oh well it happens) i had never heard the piping blow off before so it scared the crap out of me. I wasn't even on full boost. (about 5psi ehehh)

Now a few weeks later i had a new intercooler pipe made up coz it was hitting my radiator fan and i thought all was good. HA not yet though. The car was set to 8psi. So when i was driving along it started miss fireing under full throttle. (i forgot to mention that when i bought the car the first thing i did was change plugs, oil, filters and airfilter. ) The plugs were gapped to 1.1. One of my friends told me that it could be the reason for my misfireing problem. So i changed them this last weekend and put 0.8mm plugs in. Just the NGK ones. This has got rid of the misfire but now i have noticed that my boost was creeping Up and up and up and up. HHHHMMMMMMMMM

I though about what it could be and with the help of some friends we may have figured it out. The wastegate on the new turbo may be hitting the dump pipe housing and not openning properly. Therefore causing the boost to keep going up. I think at one point( the forst time i noticed it it went to 16psi. My gauge is mounted in the old ashtray position and i was consentrating on the revs so i couldnt see both at once.

Anyway the car is back at nissan today and will see what they find. I did ask them to check the dump pipe when it went on but maybe they didn't. I don't know.

Anyway here are some pics of the car as it is now:)

post-31284-1157949951.jpgpost-31284-1157949996.jpgpost-31284-1157950054.jpgpost-31284-1157950094.jpg

Welcome to SAU Ben.

Car looks very clean and look forward to seeing it around.

Cheers GMB

PS: You should of bought Toffs 4 door, cleanest getting around :)

I don't know if i waould have been able to afford one that was already in tassie. I paid $7000 for this thing

:(

Benny that pipe looks fat mate. I have amanged to get a few thighs soughted out with mine, i tried to call last night but you weren't home.

I'll try tonight. Looking good

Yeah the pipe looks good. I found out why my boost is creeping. My wastegate is too small for the highflowed turbo. Does anyone know where i can get a GOOD mannifold with room for an external wastegate and also a wastegate??

If anyone knows that would be great. I will be happy when i finally can give it a real burn.

Talk to you tonight wog

Ben

Hey mate,

Your car looks good! What power is it making with that GCG Turbo?

Al

At the moment i have not had it on the dyno. I plan to in the future. The problem i am having is that the wastegate is too small . I think that maybe the guys didn't make the wastegate bigger when they highflowed the turbo.

I will post when i have power figure

;)