SAU Community

hahaha.. ahh funky..

actually I think there were also R33 Type MR GTS25t as well.. just to throw a curve ball..

http://rps13kuma.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Friends...33/kuri_r33.htm

It was done by the Kangawara prince nissan - 280MR (i think it's called..)

goto babelfish and stick this in the translate..

http://club-gts.sakura.ne.jp/skyline/conte...tory/index.html

Edited by Links

m spec is surposed to mean sunroof in r33

that is the only difference that i know of and as an owner of one , when i was selling it , i got sick and tyred of people saying that theirs was a m spec when it had no sunroof! :)

yeah not all mspec are meant to have sunroofs, difference are within the brakes, the rims and the bodykit, mpsecs have 16 inches rims and normal sky's have 15s,

So by looking at a s2, how can i tell if it is a type m or not?

Do only series II skylines come type m??

My mate has a 93-95 skyline and i think his one is a Type M... It's got red coloured brakes ( do they all come red?? ), sunroof, and also i think only the Type M comes with the skyline writing on the back boot which lights up???

Anyone can correct me or confirm this?

• 4 weeks later...

"Type M' Is an options list available to all r32 and r33s.

It includes such things as body kits, 4 pot front brakes, adjustable front spoiler, and a bunch of other much less useful things; windscreen antenna, air purifier, illumous skyline garnish etc.

'Type S' were similar options available to the non turbo skylines

A list of these options is somewhere on the website.

Also, thanks for calling it typem, and not M spec.

Edited by Mulkers

jrocket,

yes, type m is an upper spec model that had some optional extras

BUT.. what you must realise is that >95% of skylines are in fact type M. And, even the non-type M cars have most of the options that the type M had anyway!

almost anything could be optioned in when bought new in japan, thus 5 different type M cars will all probably have different options, but will all be type M

at the end of the day, if a car is not advertised as type M, assume it is a type M unless stated otherwise. If you want to post pics up of the car, we can point out whether its one to steer clear of or not.

happy car hunting :P

Waz

• 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 ECR33's, GTS-T Spec 2 and GTS25T M spec , both I think are 96 models , both have RB25 DET and 5 speeds.

Regards Brad