SAU Community

Different Tail Lights In Series 1 And 2 R33?

Hey all,

im looking at buying an R33 series 2 real soon. like within 3 months. ive been saving for this car for over a year now.

i was driving to work the other day and i saw what im pretty sure was a 97/98 model r33. why you ask? because the tail lights were like LEDS. not the standard globes i was used to seeing in all skylines. i know its a series 2 because of the spoiler/wing and front but ive seen 96 model r33 with the standard lights in them. do these 'LED' lights come stock in some r33's? or are they an aftermarket product? p.s. they looked terrible.

also does anyone know of any threads of the differences between series 1 and 2 r33's? thanks guys

No, LED lights are an aftermarket item. The only difference in the rear tail light zone between S1 and S2 is the boot garnish between the indicators/reverse lights which is colour coded on the S2.

p.s. they looked terrible.

also does anyone know of any threads of the differences between series 1 and 2 r33's? thanks guys

that's how you know it's aftermarket. R33s look and handle great in standard form (until the suspension wears out anyway :))

i think they look shit too, i seen them for sale on ebay and they look like super rice to me.

the stock rear lights look great i think

the only differences in series 2 are:

more agressive bonnet

body kit with foggies

color coded front grill

front lights/better reflectors/slimmer

larger spoiler not that ugly thin one that sits just over the bonnet

fabric type on the seats

indented line on either side of the roof.

........ im not sure about those last 2 things.