SAU Community

hey guys just wondering what ever happened to GTR 700. Exvitermini.com hadnt been updated for a year and now its off. wonder if the car is gonna run again???

thoughts / on subject guys . ;)

hey guys just wondering what ever happened to GTR 700. Exvitermini.com hadnt been updated for a year and now its off. wonder if the car is gonna run again???

thoughts / on subject guys . :D

Its sitting at CRD, though hardly recognisable as its completely stripped :D

so mario sold it to CRD and he isnt involved any more ?

Wonder why its stripped ?

Its stripped because its undergoing an extreme weight reduction...this is needed to compete on the world stage against the big Japanese and New Zealand cars. No point building a monster engine and driveline if your hauling all that bulk down the strip.

Its stripped because its undergoing an extreme weight reduction...this is needed to compete on the world stage against the big Japanese and New Zealand cars. No point building a monster engine and driveline if your hauling all that bulk down the strip.

Any idea why weight reduction wasn't carried out before? I'm sure it was done to some extent...

Any idea why weight reduction wasn't carried out before? I'm sure it was done to some extent...

Yeah...but you must remember...this car evolved from a HKS 2540 powered street car, and with the evolution of the car the goals of the car changed. This time the car is stripped bare and all facets of the car will be looked at with one goal....to beat HKS....CRD now have total control of the decisions, the build and the budget. They certainly have the expertise and personnel at their disposal to achieve this, but only time will tell.

This time the car is stripped bare and all facets of the car will be looked at with one goal....to beat HKS....CRD now have total control of the decisions, the build and the budget. They certainly have the expertise and personnel at their disposal to achieve this, but only time will tell.

Niiiiice good to hear. I expect this will probably be quite unrecognizeable in its next stage - HKS's time WILL go down soon. No shame to them though, they were miles ahead of the game for years.

i second col-gtsx

There simply sitting back and waiting :dry: they have unlimited budgets and data ..at the end of the day they have even created Formula 1 motors they arnt just a workshop there a a massive engineering race firm

Once they beat the best ET of HKS i reckon you might see HKS come back to australia with a fatser time again or maby even a show down.

Whats to say Australia will be where they will have to defend their time? :dry: Heat Treatments may only be a meet away from beating them...

From what I read/was told a while ago, the HKS car is substantially lighter than GTR-700. It is comprehensively stripped and is just the chassis, panels, motor and seat. It is even lacking alot of the safety gear ANDRA dictate GTR-700 must run which gives it another weight advantage.