SAU Community

RB vs JZ drag cars

1JZ.747

so

on the topic of head flow,

take the fastest full trim GTR skyline in the world on radials, would that be keir wilson with an 8.89 at 160 mph, now take the fastest full trim supra in the world on radials, TITAN with a 7.94 at 184MPH, gee there head flow must be huge. check out that MPH.

hmm

yes chris i believe your right, over 2400cc in the drag radial class of HPI is carlos, with a 10.04 at 150 mph with a 2.23 60 foot, that MPH certainly shows the head flow against the next placed car which is a nissan GTST of ryan quinn with a 10.12 at 136mph with a 1.6 sixty foot.

once carlos gets his car off the line i believe it will show how good the head flow on that 2j is when it runs an 8 on radials, even with the subwoofers still in the back of the car.

note this is not a shot at kier or ryan, there cars are amazing machines and have accomplished awesome results.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heh you might as wel throw in "well where the hell was the 2JZ at Bathurst"!!!

Seriously ghetto to compare the two cars, I assume you're up to date with the american 2J scene to know that Titan have got the most developed and expensive cylinder head/engine combos out there. And Keir runs with a stock head/ 260 deg cams. More differences:

Direct port and single port nitrous system vs single fogger on Keir

Automatic vs manual (not a clutchless slider clutch either)

GT55 turbo (1550hp) vs twin 61mm(2x550ps)

VP Import fuel vs C16 (if that)

3.4 vs 3.0 litres

RWD vs 4WD

Endless debate, I love the Titan cars but there are too many differences to put them in the same class. Almost the same as comparing you to Theo Wollet or Mark Jacobson i.e. hey same racing class, they must be on equal footing.

Seriously ghetto to compare the two cars, I assume you're up to date with the american 2J scene to know that Titan have got the most developed and expensive cylinder head/engine combos out there. And Keir runs with a stock head/ 260 deg cams. More differences:

3.4 vs 3.0 litres

RWD vs 4WD

Endless debate, I love the Titan cars but there are too many differences to put them in the same class. Almost the same as comparing you to Theo Wollet or Mark Jacobson i.e. hey same racing class, they must be on equal footing.

I will add the track preparation to Chris's excellent list of differences between Oz and the US.

:) cheers :glare:

3.4 vs 3.0 litres

RWD vs 4WD

hang on, are we talking about head flow or capacity or turbo size or fuel or 4wd or rwd?

titan runs their equivlient of sport rwd if you read the NHRA sport compact rule book, their rules are the same as the ones we play by, as our rule book is a direct copy of theirs. so is it an even footing, maybe not but they have the same opporunities within the rules. theo runs the same turbo as the titan supra a t88 38gk the supra doesnt run a Gt55, their pro rwd scion and celica run Gt55 according to the titan website

3.4 vs 3.0 litres

RWD vs 4WD

kier uses ELF fuel,

uses 272deg cams

and could possibly get away with cruising the streets of Adelaide if he wanted......id like to see Titan do that!

I will add the track preparation to Chris's excellent list of differences between Oz and the US.

:yes: cheers :D

Do you mean in the way that Australia has the quickest top doorslammer in the world?

Carlos vs Keir is probably a closer comparison and I think you will see very even times once Carlos gets his car off the line.

hats off to team titan but watch the car leave the line i think theyr using alot of gas and alot of boost. but who cares they have many spares in the transporter and lots of money.

i think any engine has potential if thrown big wads of cash at it

but dont forget the hks gtr that produces big mph without the use of nos

and look at mark ashford 7 second 132ci 4 cyl old skool fj20

faaaarrrk thats alot of gas

i think in outright drag aplications both engines are equal

if your after 600rwhp on a std bottom end the 2jz cant be beaten

like the green subzero supra made 998rwhp

and my skyline made 1068rwhp

you could also put that down to wheelspin but are both 3 litre engines

i think the supra run a 9.2 at that power level ova 150mph

ive run a 9.7 @ 141mph with 597rwhp and no gas as im still getting used to the car

who cares if one head flows better std if the other head could possibly be ported further

at the end of the day the man with the deepest pockets wins

which is definately not me as im a peasant

well i dont know how the veilside 32 fits into this but it has now run 7.6XX on slicks beating it's previous 8 second time on nittos. and when i saw it they were still running what looked like factory nissan coil packs! :whistling:

Actually, good point on Carlos/Hardore(?) Supra, pretty much identical setup to Theo's R32. Pretty close matchup, well as close as it's been so far.

I think Carlos's supra is from Millenium motorsports - are we talking about the purple supra UWU55?

Hardcore did have a 2J supra however that motor broke about a few months back im pretty sure...

Anywho have people forgotten about Mark Jacobson's black R32 GTR thats run a 9.3@145mph on M/T ET Streets with I _think_ ~600rwhp - his car did make close to 1000rwhp at the Gold Coast Autosalon dyno comp with gas however the aforementioned time was run without the assistance of nitrous...

Also I think that we have to be talking about cars that are actually built and run in Australia as the budgets are kind off on par, compared to the sponsorship that the Americans get...

Oh yeah - Jason/SLO32 love your car mate!

Edited by TurbostyleR

Anywho have people forgotten about Mark Jacobson's black R32 GTR thats run a 9.3@145mph on M/T ET Streets with I _think_ ~600rwhp

Keep going mate - damn site more that 600rwhp....

- his car did make close to 1000rwhp at the Gold Coast Autosalon dyno comp with gas however the aforementioned time was run without the assistance of nitrous...

I think you're wrong again.

Also I think that we have to be talking about cars that are actually built and run in Australia as the budgets are kind off on par, compared to the sponsorship that the Americans get...

Oh yeah - Jason/SLO32 love your car mate!

Forget budgets - xJZ motors suck - you all know it. So do RB's for that matter.

CA18POWAH!