SAU Community

Track Road Trip To Nsw - Nov 7-11

Snowman

Hey guys - just thought I'd post this up here for those that don't search around all the other forums (I'm mean who does!?)

Us Vic guys - being the fastest SAU Club in Oz >_< - have decided to have a Road Trip to NSW to conquer a few new tracks - namely Wakefield and Eastern Creek. Unfortunetly there isn't an opportunity to do this over a weekend so we have found a calander in Novemeber where we can fit these tracks in over the week of November 7-11.

There is already some interest from Bunta and Russ (giant) to come and have a play with us so anyone else interested in coming along is more than welcome. The plan is to mainly meet up with the NSW guys at Wakefield on the Wed as EC can only gaurentee us 30 places for the Friday - so that is being saved for us Vics and any QLD guys interested.

Having said that we already have around 16 guys from Vic on the list coming up - and there are some seriously fast cars coming along too. Since most of you here will know giant - in the last head to head last year with a couple of the guys down here Franks car was over 3s per lap faster than gaints around Winton - and Franks is only the 3rd quickest of the cars coming. So if you are interested please let me know to reserve your spot ASAP.

The full details for the trip are:

1. Tuesday 7th November - Drive to Goulbourn/Wakefield

Accommodation - Wakefield Park Cabins - $50pp/pn - includes breakfast (2 nights)

accom.jpg

2. Wednsday - Wakefield Park

Cost - $90

Require - Wakefield Park License (Cost $40pa)

track_arial.jpg

3. Thursday - Cruise to Sydney via twisties (Brisby Route)

Accommodation - Sydney - TBA (2 nights)

4. Friday 10th November - Eastern Creek

Cost - $120

Require - CAMS L2S

Limit: - 30 places (first in best dressed)

Please fill out the following disclaimer before coming to the event.

http://www.eastern-creek-raceway.com/pdf/I..._Disclaimer.pdf

arial_dropshadow_450.jpg

5. Saturday 11th November - Cruise Home

A link to the Vic discussion of this trip can be found at:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=125211

Cheers.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice plan mate. Bunts & I are in for sho!

This will be a BLAST! Staying at the track was seriously the best! Such a good atmosphere.

Now to call for interest from any interested QLDers. Bunts and I would be looking to leave a few days beforehand, and make a stopover in Coffs Harbour. Kind of evens out the driving then. I would like to stress, however, please only nominate yourself if you are SERIOUS. We don't want to go committing numbers if we can't stick to it. It is a great drive, a nice way to get out and meet other Australian members, and I don't know, as I haven't met the VIC membesr yet, but the NSW members are fab, and I seriously can't express my love for a greater bunch of peeps >_<

So... anyone keen? There is plenty of time to get off work if need be, and work up that holiday pay :)

definitely interested. I've run at Baturst Speed Weekend a couple of times, and I was thinking about doing King Edward Park Hillclimb instead this year, but this looks like a better plan to me! Wakefield and the Creek are tracks I've always wanted to run on, and what better way than with a bunch of other Skylines!

count me in! R32 GTR

the NSW members are fab

(cheques in the mail) :yucky:

Just incase you guys are wondering, YES we will sort out a tv or something for the EC day so you dont miss the V8's - Victoria has asked for this so just letting you guys know :laugh:

Haha - what V8's? Which month are you in??

We missed that event due to lack of spots. Get with the times! :yucky:

Hahaha - shows how much i care about V8supercars

Ok, thats one less thing for NSW to do

In for the Wakefield part!

Snowman for the record my car is a R32GTST with a R33 heart not a R33GTST as listed in the other thread! Please make my apologies to Roy for not being true to the RB20 lol

I'll be honest and say I guessed. I figued if in doubt pick R33 GTST and I'd have a 99% chance of being correct! LOL

ha ha well you were part right! I own one of them too! But the R32 will be the one making the trip :yucky:

i might be in with another r32 / rb25 hybrid.. its all the rage

Have to check things before I can commit totally. Need a new set of track suitable tyres first I think. I don't want to be come all that way and then be cursing myself for having shitty tyres.

November hey, the engine and car should be run in then. will confirm with a definate when the builds finished (who knows what may happen inbetween now n then :wub:)

• 2 weeks later...
Nice plan mate. Bunts & I are in for sho!

This will be a BLAST! Staying at the track was seriously the best! Such a good atmosphere.

Now to call for interest from any interested QLDers. Bunts and I would be looking to leave a few days beforehand, and make a stopover in Coffs Harbour. Kind of evens out the driving then. I would like to stress, however, please only nominate yourself if you are SERIOUS. We don't want to go committing numbers if we can't stick to it. It is a great drive, a nice way to get out and meet other Australian members, and I don't know, as I haven't met the VIC membesr yet, but the NSW members are fab, and I seriously can't express my love for a greater bunch of peeps :dry:

So... anyone keen? There is plenty of time to get off work if need be, and work up that holiday pay :(

:grouphug: we are fantastic aren't we.

definately worth the trip guys, and staying at Wakefield itself was awesome having everyone together (apart from the lack of water in the mornings but I doubt that'll happen again cos it'll be a bit warmer when you come).

I'll definately be there!

Liz.

staying at Wakefield itself was awesome having everyone together (apart from the lack of water in the mornings but I doubt that'll happen again cos it'll be a bit warmer when you come).

That was caused by a broken power pole/line

So yeah, i doubt it will happen again aswel :dry: