SAU Community

Leatherette Seat Covers

Anyone that has done university exams before knows what its like to study in the weeks before an exam.. the key word here is PROCRASTINATION!

So what do i do? I go on eBay and bid like hell to buy all sorts of stuff for my car that i probably don't need or probably can't afford!

After recently fitting an rb25 turbo and cam gears, producing 155rwkw from the rb20 automatic, i decided that it was time to work a little on the interior :blink:

So i bought:

steering wheel + boss kit

gear knob for automatics (made up an additional overdirve switch so its still works)

brushed stainless stel bezel for surrounding instrument cluster

leatherette seat covers + handbrake boot

Details of the seat covers (i know there are many looking at getting these)

The company is called "ultimate auto trim"

Phone numbers are: 0433 113 911 or 0432 208 972

Its not really a shop, just a factory in dandenong south (victoria) that has a front with some seats and covers and some other stuff like steering wheels. They advertise their product mainly on eBay.

from what the guy said to me, his family runs the factors overseas that makes the material - its a mix of 50% leather and 50% PVC but feels like leather. Has a foam backing too. It also comes with 1 year warranty for cracking, tearing etc.

He basically gets the material and makes the seat based on a template for your car (in my case the R32)

the price for the seat covers was $550 for single colour front and back, but i got optional extras

+ $50 for wrinkly on front and back

+ $30 for nissan logo embossed into front seats (another 20 for back seats too, but i didn't want the back seats logo'ed)

+ $50 for postage to brisbane

I love how it looks and feels, and recommend it to anyone. It was a little painful installing them, and i tore the covers (ever so slightly) at the stiching in some areas that can't be seen. I also put a mark in the back seat with my sidecutters accidentally! argh!

Pics are attached...

I would love any opinions :)

cheers,

Warren

EDIT: here's the eBAY link for their product: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LEATHER-SEAT-R32-R3...1QQcmdZViewItem

EDIT#2: JetDat is running a group buy from the same company with discounts of up to $100 i think. see here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=124265 Remember that these covers are great but credit goes not only to the material but to the company that made them

post-2094-1151996116.jpg

post-2094-1151996141.jpg

post-2094-1151996161.jpg

post-2094-1151996176.jpg

post-2094-1151996197.jpg

post-2094-1151996215.jpg

Edited by WazR32GTSt

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks the goods, perfect colour I dont think anything else would've worked. Would like to get a set of blue ones for a white 32 if my budget allows. I know what your saying about procrastination I studied the day before on all my exams (such a slacker).

looks great mate...

for those wanting these covers from the same company(i got the details from Wazr32GTSt) i am running a group buy as per my sig...

as for the colours thing...

the only blue they have is a kind of blue like the bar at the top on internet explorer - it looks very gay

Black looked kind of fake - as in looked like 100% PVC

Grey looked OK and i was considering it as it would have been stock-ish

Red looked nice and i was also considering it as it would have contrasted well with the blue, but it wasn't a dark enough red for my liking

They had a cream colour and a white, but this was "ivory" and was inbetween - exactly the contrast i was after!

It's pretty much the same colour as you see in late model BMW's :)

Not bad but it looks like a loose fit around the sides of the front seats ie wrinkles. Can that be straightened out?? (3rd pic).

I like how the back seats turned out though!

Yep I know the stuff. Is really great for anyone looking to get some good looking covers at a decent cost. I have a few overseas contacts who do this same work - but I believe it is higher quality. Once I can get some standard patterns sent over, I'll get some group buys under way. Should be around $350 for a full set too :) Hows that for value

the front seats have a small gap between the lumbar support and the wrinkly bit, but that's because they are pulled tight to ensure a tight fit

They will mould to the right shape over time once they have been sat in for a while - keep in mid these haven't even been sat in yet!

There are also marks and creases that are there from the packaging that will go with time, remember it has just been pulled out of the box too!

Also remember that i am a hack and installed these myself - i'm sure anyone else in the world could do a better and faster job!

thanks for all the opinions so far

Warren

Yep I know the stuff. Is really great for anyone looking to get some good looking covers at a decent cost. I have a few overseas contacts who do this same work - but I believe it is higher quality. Once I can get some standard patterns sent over, I'll get some group buys under way. Should be around $350 for a full set too :) Hows that for value

higher quality? how can you say that without seeing either of the products? :blink:

and $350 single colour? i am confident by the end of the group buy we can get double colours for $400 with a few more people in..

Anyone that has done university exams before knows what its like to study in the weeks before an exam.. the key word here is PROCRASTINATION!

So what do i do? I go on eBay and bid like hell to buy all sorts of stuff for my car that i probably don't need or probably can't afford!

After recently fitting an rb25 turbo and cam gears, producing 155rwkw from the rb20 automatic, i decided that it was time to work a little on the interior ;)

So i bought:

steering wheel + boss kit

gear knob for automatics (made up an additional overdirve switch so its still works)

brushed stainless stel bezel for surrounding instrument cluster

leatherette seat covers + handbrake boot

Details of the seat covers (i know there are many looking at getting these)

The company is called "ultimate auto trim"

Phone numbers are: 0433 113 911 or 0432 208 972

Its not really a shop, just a factory in dandenong south (victoria) that has a front with some seats and covers and some other stuff like steering wheels. They advertise their product mainly on eBay.

from what the guy said to me, his family runs the factors overseas that makes the material - its a mix of 50% leather and 50% PVC but feels like leather. Has a foam backing too. It also comes with 1 year warranty for cracking, tearing etc.

He basically gets the material and makes the seat based on a template for your car (in my case the R32)

the price for the seat covers was $550 for single colour front and back, but i got optional extras

+ $50 for wrinkly on front and back

+ $30 for nissan logo embossed into front seats (another 20 for back seats too, but i didn't want the back seats logo'ed)

+ $50 for postage to brisbane

I love how it looks and feels, and recommend it to anyone. It was a little painful installing them, and i tore the covers (ever so slightly) at the stiching in some areas that can't be seen. I also put a mark in the back seat with my sidecutters accidentally! argh!

Pics are attached...

I would love any opinions :thumbsup:

cheers,

Warren

EDIT: here's the eBAY link for their product: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LEATHER-SEAT-R32-R3...1QQcmdZViewItem

EDIT#2: JetDat is running a group buy from the same company with discounts of up to $100 i think. see here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=124265 Remember that these covers are great but credit goes not only to the material but to the company that made them

the guy is my friend, if you came to melbourne auto showoff you'd noticed my car(white r33 gts-t) as model car ;)

i'll put some picture tomorrow if you dont mind

I emailed that guy about creating a possible group by for S15's.

...Like beating my head against a wall.

Dont know how he gets customers with his koomunicration skills.

yeah they are hard to understand due to a heavy accent unfortunately...but we got the group buy going dude if you want in...

higher quality? how can you say that without seeing either of the products? :/

and $350 single colour? i am confident by the end of the group buy we can get double colours for $400 with a few more people in..

I can get both single and double same price :O Plus i know the quality of mine, I have other cars which i supply for

I can get both single and double same price :/ Plus i know the quality of mine, I have other cars which i supply for

yeah but you havent seen the other product so you are just making assumptions :O

how do u think they'll feel in summer? does it stretch and stuff when u wriggle around?

also how does it stay so taught, like follows the contours etc? normally a tight fabric will just..be flat.

350$ seat covers i'd buy.

550, I would not. not worth it for plastic.

Someone please give AMS some stock r33 covers :/

a few more people and we will be getting them for $400...

i wouldnt wait another 2 years just to save 50 bucks.. :O