SAU Community

Midnoight Purple 3

ali-turko

ali-turko,

the reason that most of them can't find it on their system is that Midnight Purple III has a special Tinter in it, KK700 which is True Blazberry Prism, this is whats called a Chromalusion Tinter.

you might have seen a car at a car show that changes color on every angle as you walk around it, this is Chromalusion Technology.

so if the Paint shop doesn't have the "Chromal" Quality activated in the Paint Formula retrieval program then the color simply won't be recognised. it is also a 3 layer process. after preperation & primer there are three final processes to achieve the color.

1) an undercoat coat is applied first (ground coat to give the final color its correct effect)

2) base coat (basically the color it's self)

3) then the clear coat

it's an awesome color my mate has it on his GTR up here.

you can ring

Prinz Australia

Unit 1/20- 30 Malcolm Rd Braeside VIC 3195

ph: (03) 9580 3419 Panel Beating Equipment & Supplies

ask for Frank Rugalo (tell him the boys from PNG reccomended him)

PS: he will have to have the "Chromal" paint quality activated in either his Colorquick or Colornet Software.

here's the formular screen dumps. (don't take any notice of the pricing, it's in a different currency)

post-29939-1150932682.jpg

post-29939-1150932710.jpg

Ali-turko,

forgot to mention.

although this color has the chromalusion technology tinter in the mix it is not a tru chromalusion color. it will not change from gold to green to purple to blue as you walk around.

that is full chromalusion & be prepared to part with A$1,000 per liter.

just thought i mention that incase you come back & say i said it would change color.

none the less Midnight Purple III is a truly remarkable color, Great Choice!!

BTW, it is DuPont Performance Coating color information i have given here, & apart from Frank at Prinz it can be obtained from any DuPont Performance Coatings outlet in Australia!!

Does anyone have a pic with the colour on the car?

i geting my car resprayed and still havnt decided on a colour... please post one up if you have a pic...

Thanks

Pic here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...dpost&p=1838553

Fantastic info PNG Godzilla - hope you don't mind but I'm going to add that to the colour code FAQ.

Jakegts,

my digicam is stuffed, will try & get a lend of one.

then i can post a picture of a GTS-T with the full Absolute Purplene Chromalusion paint job (one you want if you got bucks burning a hole in your sky rocket) & also a pic of my mates GTR painted in Midnight Purple III

mines plain old black unfortunately!!

here's some other GTR colors that may or may not be common Knowledge.

BNR32:

KH2 Gun Grey Metallic

KG1 Jet Silver Metallic

TH1 Dark Blue Pearl

AH3 Red Pearl Metallic

732 Blak Pearl Metallic

326 Crystal White

KL0 Spark Silver Metallic

BL0 Greyish Blue Pearl

BNCR33:

AN0 Super Clear Red

BN6 Beep Marine Blue

KH3 Black

KL0 Spark Silver

KN6 Dark Grey

LP2 Midnight Purple

QM1 White

KP4 Sonic Silver

AR1 Super Clear Red 2

BT2 Champion Blue

BNR34:

TV2 Bayside Blue

QM1 White

KR4 Sonic Silver

KV2 Silver

GV1 Black Pearl

AR2 Active Red

EV1 Lightning Yellow

LV4 Midnight Purple 2

WV2 Sparkling Silver

QX1 White Pearl

LX0 Midnight Purple 3

EY0 Silica Breeze

JW0 Millenium Jade

Pic here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...dpost&p=1838553

Fantastic info PNG Godzilla - hope you don't mind but I'm going to add that to the colour code FAQ.

raz0r$harP, no worries, happy to be of use! we are the DuPont Performance Coating Distributors for Papua New Guinea, so just hollar if u need paint info :whistling:

Damn that looks Sweet!!!

So that spray job is 1 thousand a litre?

How many litres will it take to cover a R33 GTS-T Series 1?

i have around 5 thousand to for the spray and a little more but they are for rims (Nismo LM GT3 White GTR Rims, $2500)...

Hoiw much would i be faced with if i go the way of that paint + labour?

Edited by jakegts

jakegts,

depends on what you are calling sweet. the nissan color LX0 Midnight Purple III sure is sweet & has some color change on different angles & is probably around $400 or so per liter.

full chromalusion like Absolute Purplene has a dramatic color change, from Purple to Green to Blue to Gold & is much more striking, check this site Nissan Primera GT here http://mysticcobra.net/ogallery2.shtml

but is $1,000 per liter.

also see here

post-29939-1150952407.jpg

i am guessing at the prices as i am selling in a different currency.

but absolete puplene say 3 liters would be plenty for a GTS-T is $3,000 then another 3 liters of base at probably $150 so another $450, then 3 or 4 liters of premium clear coat say another $500, so your looking at $4,000 ish for materials, without taking Labour into account. depending on weather its a full strip & repaint or a rub back & blow over i reckon youd have to bank on somewhere between A$6,000 & A$10,000

But i really am Guessing, ive lived here for 13 years & not had anything to do with the paint industry in Australia & i don't quote paint jobs here i only sell the stuff, it would pay to go & get a quote from a reputabe repairer, i listed one above in a previous post, or you could ring Dupont Performance Coating direct & ask for you nearest authorised repairer.

sure makes for a hot looking ride.

hmm iv already spent 15 grand on the car in the last 2 months and i cant afford that much for paint do u gius have any suggestions for my show pony all so the car is a r32 gtr with a wide body kit

How about the R33 GTR MNP1?

AFAIK it's a simple paint and doesn't have the fancy colour effect of MNP2 and MNP3 but it would be cheaper to have made up?

ali-turko,

i spoke with out DuPont DPR rep thismorning in Brisbane, he agreed that $6-10K is a fair figure for a Chromalusion job. Big Money, but there are other options.

you could go with a Pearlescent job

or if you go to a DPR dealer you can look through all the latest color chips, there are some really cool paint coatings comming out on new vehicles these days that arent chromalusion.

we have a metalic now called XIRALLIC which is basically like the old metalic flake & comes in different sizes but instead of giving off a plain old silver reflection of the sun it gives off multi-coloured reflections & comes in different color undertones.

you really should go & talk to someone, tell them your budget & discuss what you want to acheive.

even your plain std onld nissan black, can be overcoated with say a layer of violet/blue pearl & coarse metalic (or XIRALLIC) flake, then cleared & cleared again but with a bit of Violet tinter (tinted clear) this creates all sorts of different effects! you could use 2 or 3 or even 6 layers of clear to give depth!!

finishing off to is the Key to success spending time on final coating produces great results.

a good shop will be able to do a spray out for you on a piece of metal to show you what your getting before it rolls out of the booth.

don't dismay, you've got many options!

seriously go & talk to a professional painter, he will know what you want!

• 10 years later...

Hi Guys,

I need some help here. Can someone provide me with the paint formula for the mnp2, LV4 ?  

I looked everywhere on the internet for it and the links above are now broken. Already bought KK760 but need the rest of the formula.

Thanks