SAU Community

Anyone Else Been The Recipient Of Anti-skyline Sentiment?

xRHETTx

Hey all, after being involved in another incident today I felt compelled to post...

Firstly, Im currently living down on the Mornington Peninsula (and owning an r32), which seems to have its positives and negatives.

The major positive I feel is the lack of Police attitude and attention. I have never been pulled over or harassed by the police for driving an import, never defected, never even been asked to lift the bonnet. I've even been let off twice when pulled over for speeding!

But over the last 3 years there have been 4 occasions when I have been threatened by tradies and bogans whilst simply driving:

A few years ago 2 guys in a Lancer, annoyed after i wouldn't "drag" them, burned off, did a u-turn and drove towards me head-on in my lane. I had to swerve off the road, both our cars were travelling at more than 70km/h - certain death if i hadnt pulled away.

I have also had a guy throw beer cans at my car at traffic lights yelling "you think your good with your shtbox jap crap etc...."

Then a few weeks ago I had two tradies cut me off, then tailgate me (within 1 metre) at 100km/h, up to 150km/h, then try to run me off the road. I was truely scared for my life!

Today i had an idiot drive through busy traffic just so he could pull up beside me and stick his finger up at me....

So is this something that I just have to deal with living in an area full of bogans and fu(knoses? Maybe its because they're jealous of young guy driving a nice car (its a fu9king stock r32 gtst for christs sake and im 23, not like im on my Ps or anything!) :)

Has anyone else been the recipient of this anti-skyline, anti-import sentiment? I'm sick of this sh!t

Rhett

Sorry bout the long post and all.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used to goto mornington / tantai or however its spelt every weekend a few years back.. and dont take it personaly :) they used to do the same thing to me and i was in a cough excel cough.. no offence but the ppl down there are just real scummy :) my old car got vandalised by the same kid 4 weekends in a row.......... :|

Yeah it's the area.....thats all they have to do :) I get it all the time when i bother to venture down there.

Hard to do but just ignore them. :

i used to goto mornington / tantai or however its spelt every weekend a few years back.. and dont take it personaly :) they used to do the same thing to me and i was in a cough excel cough.. no offence but the ppl down there are just real scummy :) my old car got vandalised by the same kid 4 weekends in a row.......... :|

why was he still walking after the 1st week?

7yr old neighbor kid aparantly had ADD or something like that... he had set the fence on fire on multiple occasions.. firemen evan had to come out :)

but ya not enough evidance of him doing crap to my car...

tough luck mate. im in the frankston area quite regularly and never came across any problems whatsoever. just drive safe and try to avoid these type of idiots who don't have a life worth living for. cheers and best of luck to you.

Yea it's a total joke that just because we drive nice cars that some people have to be jealous or just make complete and total asses of them selves for no reason...

Sorry to Rant but here I go…

I was pulling out of a servo last night near home which is on a reasonably busy corner. There was a red light and i went to the furthest exit from the lights and lined my car up for a quick join into traffic with the hope of someone letting me out..

A Truck Driver was first car/truck so i figured he would let me out as obviously he’s not going to rush off at the lights and one car will make no difference to him..

How wrong was I... He just revved his big truck up and moved so close to the car in front of him that i almost had to back up a lil bit so that he didn’t hit the front of me. All he did was look at me as if i was scum of the earth for attempting to pull out in front of him..

I was lucky enough that someone a bit further back let me in as I was blocking the driveway to the petrol station and managed to pass him on the freeway onramp which seriously pissed him off as he was kind enough to flash his lights at me as I went past him at 100..

This was only in the Dandenong area (yea i know not a surprise).

And im done…

Basically its comes with the territory.

Buy a Skyline be prepared for the unwanted attention.

Unfortunatley some people have given us a bad name and we get stereotyped.

But im sure you would agree its all worth it...

I used to get it heaps all round the place in the 33. In hoppers crossing I had some c**t go - Get a f**king holden ya fag.

Easy fix. Just roll past in 3rd and stab the clutch, fry past them and let your car cut em off sideways!!

Sure does make em shit themselves.

Seriously though, 90 percent of the time, just ignore it, I know they hate it cos they know its better than what they have.

That makes me happy lol!!!

Yeah thanks guys.

Firstly - Justin its Tanti Park - its an ex-housing commission suburb. My best mate lived there when we were in high school, it was a pretty rough place back then (and still is a bit now).

Secondly - Jarrod, good to hear from you again. The last SAU event i got to was the Ice dyno day last year.. I've been in Colorado USA for 5 months, just got back in April. Was a heap of fun, working, snowboarding and a bit of travel.

Yeah ive had my GT badges stolen twice, once outside Centrelink (a bit stereotypical i know) and once at uni in Clayton.

And hey i grew up down here so we're not all bad!! :angry:

lol yeah try drivin a skyline on your P's... thats when you feel the real love from the bogans. best thing to do is just ignore them but, i live in a place where dodgy modded VN commos n the like outnumber imports 10/1 so we just have to deal with the bogan population and there stupid comments ( jap crap etc ).

cant say its all bad, most people appreciate what you have and dont judge you just coz of the car you drive, but bogans are scum and are cave man like, you'll never be able to teach them anything. :angry:

I was lucky enough that someone a bit further back let me in as I was blocking the driveway to the petrol station and managed to pass him on the freeway onramp which seriously pissed him off as he was kind enough to flash his lights at me as I went past him at 100..

This was only in the Dandenong area (yea i know not a surprise).

man this truckie must have been a real wanker, im guessing this is the Shell on the corner of Jacksons rd and police rd

lmao at the "Jap box" comments from the bogans

Well I get even more crap in the 180 than in the 32. Some people seem to think their laser's and any other sh1tboxes eg crappy old falcons/commodores/new buzzboxes can 'beat' me (why?!) so they tend to speed up/cut me off/not let me in/tailgate me (then sit at 90k on the freeway when I move left).. blah blah. Happens all the time. People go out of their way to cut me off. I really don't know what they're trying to prove, but for some reason when they see the 180, they start acting like total 'tards. Doesn't happen anywhere near as much in the 32. I think perhaps they just don't even bother to try to 'beat' a skyline. And yet they're probably both around the same KW now anyway and I'm the same friggin female driver.

Even on the freeway at 100 k/hr some people will be RIGHT on my ar5e, totally unbothered that if I brake they'll be buying me a new rear bar.. or merge RIGHT in front of me because I leave at least one car length safe buffer zone. Drives me up the wall on a daily basis.

My daughter is in the car frequently, which doesn't seem to stop most people, if they run into me because they're being a tool, I will lose all sense of 'calm', I can tell you that much.

Rhett you need a sticker.. something along the lines of "just caus you're in a sh1tbox doesn't mean I have to be" hehe :P

It seems like a few people here are driving around with a "victim" attitude...

This doesn't quite make sense....

Someone can't "cut you off" if they're behind you.

Then a few weeks ago I had two tradies cut me off, then tailgate me (within 1 metre) at 100km/h, up to 150km/h, then try to run me off the road. I was truely scared for my life!

What happened when you reported this to Police?

(As most people would do if they had been truly scared for their life?)

Tailgated you up to 150?

Sounds like you were the one playing games with them, not the other way around.

A vehicle travelling behind you can't force you to speed up.

If you were already travelling at 100, that would indicate that you were on a freeway.

Perhaps they were just trying to get you to move over so that they could pass?

And this one was pretty funny too....

I was pulling out of a servo last night near home which is on a reasonably busy corner. There was a red light and i went to the furthest exit from the lights and lined my car up for a quick join into traffic with the hope of someone letting me out..

A Truck Driver was first car/truck so i figured he would let me out as obviously he’s not going to rush off at the lights and one car will make no difference to him..

How wrong was I... He just revved his big truck up and moved so close to the car in front of him that i almost had to back up a lil bit so that he didn’t hit the front of me.

go familiarise yourself with the road rules.

the truck had right of way.

of course one car makes a difference to the truck driver, he's trying to get a job done.

All he did was look at me as if i was scum of the earth for attempting to pull out in front of him..

What did you expect?

You don't just "assume right of way".

You either have it, or you don't.

You didn't have it, so there's no point complaining about it.

YOU were the one doing the wrong thing!

If the truck driver HAD clipped your vehicle, you'd be the one paying to fix it.

man this truckie must have been a real wanker

Yeah... what a wanker.. how dare he try to get his job done while someone else wants to use the road.

Very entertaining thread, keep up the good work

It seems like a few people here are driving around with a "victim" attitude...

This doesn't quite make sense....

Someone can't "cut you off" if they're behind you.

What happened when you reported this to Police?

(As most people would do if they had been truly scared for their life?)

Tailgated you up to 150?

Sounds like you were the one playing games with them, not the other way around.

A vehicle travelling behind you can't force you to speed up.

If you were already travelling at 100, that would indicate that you were on a freeway.

Perhaps they were just trying to get you to move over so that they could pass?

And this one was pretty funny too....

go familiarise yourself with the road rules.

the truck had right of way.

of course one car makes a difference to the truck driver, he's trying to get a job done.

What did you expect?

You don't just "assume right of way".

You either have it, or you don't.

You didn't have it, so there's no point complaining about it.

YOU were the one doing the wrong thing!

If the truck driver HAD clipped your vehicle, you'd be the one paying to fix it.

Yeah... what a wanker.. how dare he try to get his job done while someone else wants to use the road.

Very entertaining thread, keep up the good work

Sorry Mav, you are a sound guy but I do agree here with Sky. For a car to do a quick dab of the brakes and let someone in (not that they have to as it is their right of way), it is fairly easy and also quick to pick up speed. A truck however, can't scrub speed off quickly nor pick it up again. The amount of claims we have here against our trucks tied to similar situations is astonishing.

I dont pretend our guys are great drivers as many are not but we put our better drivers in our B-Doubles. We have had occasions where these guys leave a safe gap and cars cut in front of them at lights, on the freeway and it falls under our driver didnt leave enough room because he has run into the back of the car.

I moved house the other week in a small 7.5 tonne rigid truck with one of the guys from work driving. We were cut off left right and centre. How some of our drivers ever reach the destination is amazing.

Sky im not saying that im in the right. I was more just saying out of a common thing at that petrol station is if you are at the further back exit people let you out... I drive there every day and i honestly let 1 car out from the second exit... again that’s judged on the car and if their going to waste time or if their going to pull out straight away…

I was more pissed off at the fact of the guys attitude towards letting me in, he wasn’t moving he was sitting stopped so it wasn’t like he had to get rolling for a 2nd time he was stopped...and the look etc he gave…

Also flashing his lights at me as i legally passed him on the onramp didn’t help his case personally if you ask me... and Sky not having a dig but to play it by the law last time i checked you cant use your high beam lights which 200m of another car so all good...

but we'll drop the truck case to prevent further arguments

i have also been the victom of this...

i found my car bottled once on the passenger side rear quarter just behind the window. came to my car and the alarm beeped 3 times saying the alarm had been off. i went around the other side to find a bottle smashed on the ground and galss and a dint on my car

i have also had my car egged (dried egg and eggsheel stuck on the side of the car) whilst it was parked on the street

and finally, i've been keyed which is the obvious way to f*** up an entire side of the car.

so, you aren't alone Rhett.. those barstards might have had their time to laugh, but they will be driving around in VL commonwhores for the rest of their life.. and i will be cruising around in somethign far nicer for the rest of my life

Waz.