SAU Community

R32 Gtr Mines Ecu

ok after lots of searching the siteand not finding anything out is a mines ecu standard on a 32 gtr or is it a hi-po ecu and what roughly would be the differences between the 2 ?

im dumb so thats why the silly question :)

i tell u now it does NOT run like a crap box

I have a Mines ECU in my 32 GTR as well and it runs very nicely. its not running over rich and it has a hell of a lot of power for a standard GTR. It holds its own next to my mates GTR with pfc, cams, turbo back exhaust, and running 1bar boost!

if u use a mines ecu ur car will run like a crapbox :)

There is nothing about the mines ecu that means a car will run poorly (or well) just like a PowerFC or any aftermarket reprogrammable ecu; its all down to the tune.

If there is a problem with the mines ecu, its that there are very few tuners outside of Japan (and particularly Mines) that have a way to reprogram it, so you tend to be stuck with whatever tune was last performed in Japan. Given the fuel differences, that can be a problem.

gazza750: The safest (and cheapest) thing to do for the time being is to whack it on a dyno and check the air/fuel ratios. Once you have those you will have a much better idea of the suitability of the tune and whether its necessary to change the ECU straight away (i.e. if you discover its running lean and might damage the engine) or can put it off for awhile.

There is nothing about the mines ecu that means a car will run poorly (or well) just like a PowerFC or any aftermarket reprogrammable ecu; its all down to the tune.

If there is a problem with the mines ecu, its that there are very few tuners outside of Japan (and particularly Mines) that have a way to reprogram it, so you tend to be stuck with whatever tune was last performed in Japan. Given the fuel differences, that can be a problem.

gazza750: The safest (and cheapest) thing to do for the time being is to whack it on a dyno and check the air/fuel ratios. Once you have those you will have a much better idea of the suitability of the tune and whether its necessary to change the ECU straight away (i.e. if you discover its running lean and might damage the engine) or can put it off for awhile.

I also have a Mines ECU for my R32 GTR. Does anyone want to swap a standard R32 ECU for my Mines retuned ECU??

It's currently running very well on the car and also has the 180km speed limiter removed, which is great for track work and drag racing. But they cant be re-mapped due to the epoxy glue over the chip.

Im willing to do a straight swap!

But they cant be re-mapped due to the epoxy glue over the chip.

Actually they can be. Obviously you need to remove the glue, but someone on here claims to have remapped their mine ecu recently.