SAU Community

Ended! Gb: Gktech Front Mount Kits! $400! Ended!

dezz

Ok guys i'm organising a group buy for the GKTech front mount kits.

Starting 15/5 and ending in 2 weeks on the 29th/5 (or when we have 10 buyers, another GB will be started if this 1 fills)

Kits available to suit

S13/S14/S15

R32/R33/R34

A31

RNN14 GTi-R AND GC8 WRX!!

Details on the kits :

The front mount bar and plate intercooler kits are constructed entirely of high quality 6061 aluminum and the intercooler core is 100% vacuum brazed. The polished aluminum end tanks are hand TIG welded for a perfect fit. The ambient fin pitch has been adjusted to provide an optimal fin density of 15 fins/inch. This gives the intercooler excellent flow properties as well as a large cooling surface area, and the efficient Bar & Plate core takes advantage of these properties. The piping is all mandrel bent and contains only 1 weld mark throughout the whole kit. The kit includes 1x 600x 300x 76mm intercooler, polished aluminimum piping, all brackets, nuts, bolts, tripple layer silicon hoses, clamps etc.

The kits are designed to be installed DIY and are very easy to install.

Features & Specs:

-All TIG Welded 6061 Aluminum, polished end tanks

-100% Vacuum Brazed Core

-High Efficiency Bar & Plate Construction

-3 popular Sizes available

-Inlet/Outlet: 3inch

-Low pressure drop w/ only 0.2psi at 15psi of boost

-Tested CFM: 1020 CFM

-Fin Pitch: 15 Fins/Inch

-Four Threaded Universal Mounting Points

e1.jpg d1.jpg c1.jpg b1.jpg

cooler1.jpg cooler5.jpg cooler6.jpg cooler7.jpg cooler2.jpg

We need 10 buyers for the GB to go ahead, so post in here if you're in. Kits will be purchased once we have 10 buyers, and sent out soon after purchase.

Price for each kit is $400 + postage (see below for postage cost) and pickup will be available from me in Melb. (Western suburbs)

Thats a saving of $50 on the normal price of these great quality kits :(

FREIGHT: (all items are sent out by registered post with full insurance)

VIC: $30

SA/NSW: $45

QLD: $50

WA/NT: $70

1. EGA41T - R34 GT-T

2. hayden49 - R33 GTS-T

3. Promax - R33 GTS-T

4. BiAsA - R33 GTS-T

5. Paradizzle - R33 GTS-T

6. mass_iv - R33 GTS-T

7. the_barman82 - R33 GTS-T

8. khunjeng - R33 GTS-T

9. Musky - R33 GTS-T

10. l0WRB - R33 GTS-T

Interested

Xizor

QRI05E

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ive been thinking of gettin a hybrid kit, but at this price these seem pretty attractive.. how do these compare to the hybrid stuff? does anyone have any experience with them?

PLENTY of these kits have been sold on SAU and ns.com etc...they're good quality, not some shoddy product...

genuine hybrids are $1200+ in store...and imo dont really compare to Blitz and ARC kits of similar price...but thats just my opinion :woot:

End tank:

DSCF0482.jpg

ive been thinking of gettin a hybrid kit, but at this price these seem pretty attractive.. how do these compare to the hybrid stuff? does anyone have any experience with them?

Hybrid is a brand that is manufactured in China, they market their products very well and spend A LOT of money on marketing. The gktech product fits great and is as good as the Hybrid, if not better. The reason the gktech kit is so much cheaper is that Greg (the owner) doesn't spend tens of thousands of dollars a year on marketing.

ok really interested, you were saying these are diy? How easy are they to put on as i have no experience in doing something this big!

Assuming you are talking about the R33 GTS-T kit you have to remove your piping that connects to the intercooler, remove your front bar, get a whole saw and cut a 3" hole just below the washer bottle (the exact location is in the installation guide), mount the intercooler with the provided brackets, mount the piping and silicon hoses, check to make sure the top pipe is not touching the fan blade (some people do say it touches slightly, others are fine, if it does touch you will need to trim the blade slightly accrodingly) and then tighten up the clamps once everything is fitted. The vacuum hose which was on the stock intercooler pipe is now to be T pieced off another vacuum hose (the hose that comes from the wastegate).

Overall the kit is not hard to install. If when installing your get into any difficulty we're available 7 days a week to help over the phone or email, PM, sms etc. etc.

Greg

what is involved in installing an r34 kit? ...well its in a stagea with an r34 gtt engine

...really need to fill the gaping hole in my front bar

The R33 GTS-T, R34 GTT and Stagea all require the same mods listed above.

Overall it's quite an easy kit to install and will certainly fill your gap in the front bar :)

Greg

The RB25 kit is the same as the R32 GTS-T further up the page.

This fits much better than the one you have hosted EGA41T as you can see where there is an extra pipe in our kit on that one there is not and the angle's aren't right where the 2 pipes meet up.

Musky - Bar and plate cools better, whereas tube and fin flows better. It's a catch 22 :S

P.S I'm leaving for Taiwan in a few hours and won't be back until Wednesday week. I may not be able to reply to queries within the usual 12 hour period. Sorrt for the inconvenience.

Greg

Ok guys, i've got an unofficial list, with most only stating they're interested...but a few are in.

1. EGA41T - R34 GT-T

2. hayden49 - R33 GTS-T

3. Promax - R33 GTS-T

4. BiAsA - R33 GTS-T

5. Paradizzle - R33 GTS-T

6. mass_iv - R33 GTS-T

7. the_barman82 - R33 GTS-T

8. khunjeng - R33 GTS-T

9. Musky - R33 GTS-T

10. l0WRB - R33 GTS-T

Interested

Xizor

QRI05E

I'll send you guys all a PM now so we can get this moving ;)

PM's sent to everyone on the list.

Anyone else interested, feel free to post your interest/order

how hard is it to take off the front bar??? does it just have a few holding screws on the reo bar?? i'm def. wanting a FMIC for my R33..

also how do these dimentions compare to the GTR size? not that its all that imporant but I'm looking for a IC that isn't too big however I have no idea when it comes to sizes...

Edited by khunjeng