SAU Community

Car Stuttering

Hi All,

Okay did a search on this and found heaps but none that really has the same issue as my car so, I got a dual stage boost controller installed a few weeks ago, got it set at 13psi, car is stock ecu only other mod is pod filter dump pipe and 3inch exhuast, the mech said these cars have a fuel cut at 14psi so if car feels like its missing its the fuel cut out cutting in, might happen at night when its cold as it might spike. So try it out one night and sure enough it starts to miss. Checked psi and was spiking so turned it down to 12psi, still happening, thought then maybe regap spark plugs, so now gapped at .8mm still doing it so turned it down to 11psi and still missing so went and got new plugs and gapped them at .8mm got copper NGK BCPR6ES still f**king happening!!!

I can progressively put my foot down and it won't miss but feels as though its being held back, its a constant miss not eradict, like its every couple of seconds and its the same all through the rev range, I now hav it at 10psi and this ain't much better than standard although is a bit quicker, but am i hurting the car somehow???

I'm at a loss people so any ideas would be much appreciated

Cheers Adam

its excess airflow protection, not boost cut. its based on too much airflow so the computer dumps timing and drops in heaps of fuel to protect itself. keep turning down the boost until you work around, try around 10psi instead

you searched but didn't find the exact proplem of an R33 gtst with stock ECU missing when on anything more than 10 psi boost?

LIAR!!!

Find me a topic that has the same issue as i with a answer to it

I'm not doing your searching for you.

it's been covered more than flutter bro threads.

RB25's always have a miss when boost is raised more than a couple of psi.

they go rich to compensate for the extra air flow, and in turn retard and you have a flat spot or miss at around 5000rpm.

I'm not doing your searching for you.

it's been covered more than flutter bro threads.

RB25's always have a miss when boost is raised more than a couple of psi.

they go rich to compensate for the extra air flow, and in turn retard and you have a flat spot or miss at around 5000rpm.

See thats just it, my miss can happen from 2000rpm and up. As i said there is alot of similar threads but none like this, I'm not asking you to do my searching i already did a search but don't call me a liar if you can't back it up

LIAR!!!

;)

I say 5000rpm cause that is when most people see it when giving their 2nd gear a good flogging.

in higher gears it will happen earlier as you can load up the engine at lower revs.

try taping up your coil packs with electrical tape.

Thanks for starting this thread. My car is doing the same thing. I am running 9 - 10 psi and between 2500-3500rpm i am getting a stutter.

I few weeks back i replaced the fuel filter and the problem went away. However a few days after replacing it the problem has started again. ATM i have been living with it but it could have a dirty fuel tank?

Anyone else fixed this problem before?

Okay ive heard of taping up the coil packs in alot of threads about this/similar prob so i'll try it but anyone got a pick of how??? i know i sound stupid in asking but don't want to do it and not do it correctly, cause it could be and if i did it wrong it it didn't fix it i'll be back on here stating it wasn't it! Then GTST will be up my arse and calling me a LIAR!!!

Thanks people, really appreciate it :)

sorry to dissapoint you mate, but I'm married and to a woman so I won't be going up any part of you.

:ban:

if you take out the coil pack and hold it in the position you take it out of the car, I started taping (tightly) from halway up the rubber part all the way up to the base of the coil.

I went up going half over the tape each time round and then back down and back up and ended it there so it is like 3 layers.

try to get good electrical tape like 3M or something rather than those 6 for $2 from the $2 stores.

I haven't had any issues since then.

well for starters i wouldnt be runngi 13psi on the stock turbo

so turn it down

I mean, other than that, it could be anything

Fuel pump, Spark plugs, AFM needs a clean... the list is limitless

I was under the impression that with stock turbo 15psi was the limit???

I can just about rule out spark plugs as it did it with my old ones when they were gapped at 1.0mm and .80mm and also with new plugs at .80mm so 99% sure its not plugs. I have turned down the boost to 10psi though last night found it spiking to 12psi so 'll turn it back down to 10 again and will post my findings.

To everyone who has posted thanks!

sorry to dissapoint you mate, but I'm married and to a woman so I won't be going up any part of you.

:rofl:

if you take out the coil pack and hold it in the position you take it out of the car, I started taping (tightly) from halway up the rubber part all the way up to the base of the coil.

I went up going half over the tape each time round and then back down and back up and ended it there so it is like 3 layers.

try to get good electrical tape like 3M or something rather than those 6 for $2 from the $2 stores.

I haven't had any issues since then.

Much appreciated GTST, by the way i'm married with two ruggys myself, so not dissappointed but relieved :ban:

What is your real name? where you from?

there is no limit to a turbo so to speak.

what nismoid is saying is that the stock turbo on the R33 has been known to fail on higher boost levels due to the speed it spins at and the heat it produces.

so at 10psi it is about 3psi over stock and is quite comfortable for it. but no guarantees.

also, at 10psi, you might not get the miss caused by R&R with stock ECU.

what boost controller are you using?

what boost controller are you using?

I have a GFB dual stage B/C. The mech said it shouldn't spike cause they're a good quality item, but it might spike at night cause of the air temp and stuff, which i understand the standard soleniod does on cold nights too.

I have a few things to check so i'll keep you posted

I use to run a Turbo Smart Dual Stage..

Car had exactly the same problem, when you put your foot down the car would just splutter and jerked like crap... I think, yes think it was because of the boost spiking, and I was told by my friend to get it rid of it as he too had the same problem...

So yeah running stock boost now no dramas... ebayed the Turbosmart Dual Stage for $120... heheh