SAU Community

Why Does My Hicas Light Comes On?

hi guys,

my hicas light is constantly on what does this mean? can someone help please?

Mine was coming on only at low speed and then the car would cut out alltogether, got my car serviced this week,my hicas was fine but the problem was caused by my revs being too low, since then no probs..but if yours is on all the time I would get it checked asap..

mine keeps coming on after a few kms but the stupid hicas is still on, why oh why nissan put this in their skylines i wonder!

you could always get nissan to check it out and pay a billion dollars to fix it? :domokun:

Edited by NeesaanGTS

Common problem apparently, many causes. I just got mine fixed the other week, the actual HICAS computer was f**ked. Replaced it with a 2nd hand one and no more problems. But its very rare the problem is the actual computer.

Edited by Xizor

hey there

another common problem apart from those already mentioned is that if the steering wheel has been removed, and the hicas steering angle sensor isn't set at the correct position, the computer will think you're driving in circles doing whatever speeds, and so will put up the light to say there must be a malfunction..

its possible.. my gtr was like it when i got it...