SAU Community

R33 Climate Control Light/bulb

ferni

12V, 50mA "Grain of Wheat" globe - Dick Smith cat. P8140. Jaycar have similar, but they've attached wire to the ends which is not what you want. Autobarn/Repco/Burson/Super Cheap/etc. may have them, not sure though.

After removing the climate control module, spin it around and you'll see two plastic holders that can be twisted clockwise with a screwdriver (¼ turn counter-clockwise.) These hold the globes - you'll notice that the flyleads from the globe a simply bent through some cutouts in the holder, both holding them in and providing a connection. Replicate that with the new globe(s), twist clockwise and repeat.

Note 1: The original globes have blue plastic covers over them - these get stuck on and disintergrate when you try to pull them off. You should be able to get new ones with the new globes.

Note 2: If you bend the globe's flyleads around the holder too tightly, the remaining loop doesn't make good contact with the climate control's PCB properly. Leave a little bit of slack (whilst still making sure it's secure) when you're bending it round.

Note 3: There was a tutorial (or perhaps just a similar post) listed some time ago - they might have pics and/or other places to get globes if you want to find it and have a look.

Yes there was another thread about his but..

cooks44 has it down pat, but I would say that you can re-use the blue rubber covers as I did (if you can't find them elsewhere, I didn't look)

Using a toothpick, you should be able to gradually winkle the blue condom off the tiny globe.

El Bee

Autobarn have them they are the same globe used for a VX commodore, has a red cover over the bulb but that is easy to replace. This will come with the globe and the plastic screw back as one unit.

Believe me I know it's the only GMH part on my Riced up beast!

Think the DSE i went to had them in the wrong containers... the P8140 i got has 2 long red wires coming off it, but i grabbed something else just incase which was P8100 in the DSE i went to, which is the correct one, has 2 small bare wires coming off it, but i only got one of them, so i'll have to go back tomorrow to get more... guessing the rest of the lights in the dash/power windows are the same, so i'll grab a few and replace them all.