SAU Community

Hicas Light Came On

heslo

Hey guys, got a strange problem and got no idea what it is...

Got my alarm installed today, standard job, 3pt immobiliser, such and such. I drove it back home, then later on, turned the car on and went for a drive. First thing I noticed is the car felt for lack of a better word "sluggish" or heavy and when accelerating felt as if something was holding it back. After a couple of minutes the HICAS light activated and I thought "oh oh" As it's never come on before I have no idea what's up and thought some of you guys might have an idea or some reccomendations. Could the installer perhaps caused this to happen or is it just a coincidence?

Cheers

Seems to be no change, anyone got a guide how to totally remove HICAS on an R33? I've been meaning to do something about removing it but always said I wouldn't until HICAS started playing up, looks like now is the time...

Seems to be no change, anyone got a guide how to totally remove HICAS on an R33? I've been meaning to do something about removing it but always said I wouldn't until HICAS started playing up, looks like now is the time...

do a search in the tutorial/DIY section!

there is one in there that i used, very straight forward!

Yep, just found it, hopefully this fixes my problem. I can't see how HICAS failing can make my car feel "sluggish" when first accelerating however

I've had an off and on problem with my Hicas since I got the car, it only happens when it's wet and the result was the same as your 1st post every time it rained or I washed it.

After much effort and attempts I tracked my fault to the connector on the power steering pump, I spray it with water dipersant and bingo no problem. I packed it in lanosol.

When you say the result was as my first post, are you referring to the "sluggishness" while accelerating? If so, where is the PS pump located so I can get to the little sucker to try to fix this problem

I get the same issue as heslo.

From the past threads the solutions ppl suggested are:

-top up power steering fluid

-check connectors are fine

-top up hicas fluid.

Are there any other ways you guys have fixed this?

Yeah i also have a problem with my hicas. My light comes on and then i hear a knocking from the engine bay, if i turn my steering wheel when its knocking it pulls the steeering. Any clue whats wrong?

Guys, let me just say, easiest thing to do is get a lock bar and get rid of HICAS. Honestly, it's just a pain in the ass. I got sick of screwing around with my car trying to solve the problem so I ordered a lock bar and couldn't be happier!

Cost me $130 for the HICAS lock, did it myself, no special tools and VERY straight forward; even a guide here on SAU. Need to get a wheel alignment still however for the rear wheels but that's no biggie