Strut tower brace

Twin airbags

Roof rails

Rear cargo net

All power options and airconditioning

Factory rear wiper

Rear tinted windows

now a few questions :P

Q1. what is the fluid bottle in the right hand side of the boot?

Q2. what is the S botton to the right to the steering wheel? pic attached

Q3. and what does the 4wd light mean? I sore it on accessories mode but not when driving. Is it something you can turn on and off?

thanks guys

hugh

post-27144-1141880143.jpg

post-27144-1141880626.jpg

post-27144-1141881138.jpg

post-27144-1141881413.jpg

Welcome to the group.

It's a good looking wagon. I like the colour, mine's boring old silver.

Here are some answers for you.

Q1. The fluid is for the ATTESSA 4WD system. When you start the car you may hear a wirring from the drivers side towards the back, it is the pump for the ATTESSA system pressurising the system.

Q2. The 'S' button is for 'synchro' mode. It basically puts the car in 4WD with a 50:50 torque split. The ATTESSA 4WD is normally 0:100 (front:rear) and the distributes torque to the front as and when it is required, up to a maximum of 50:50.

Q3. The 4WD light hopefully should never come on. It means there is a fault in the system if it does.

I hope this answers your questions. Some other members may explain things better, I have not owned my Stagea for too long.

I hope you enjoy you Stagea as much as we all enjoy ours.

Happy driving.

Welcome to the group.

It's a good looking wagon. I like the colour, mine's boring old silver.

Here are some answers for you.

Q1. The fluid is for the ATTESSA 4WD system. When you start the car you may hear a wirring from the drivers side towards the back, it is the pump for the ATTESSA system pressurising the system.

Q2. The 'S' button is for 'synchro' mode. It basically puts the car in 4WD with a 50:50 torque split. The ATTESSA 4WD is normally 0:100 (front:rear) and the distributes torque to the front as and when it is required, up to a maximum of 50:50.

Q3. The 4WD light hopefully should never come on. It means there is a fault in the system if it does.

I hope this answers your questions. Some other members may explain things better, I have not owned my Stagea for too long.

I hope you enjoy you Stagea as much as we all enjoy ours.

Happy driving.

hello

thankyou for the replys and answers. I now understand why my son spends his time on ns.com looking at all the differant things.

thanks

hugh :laugh:

Here is the side pic of the stagea.

Showing off the Voltare rims.

You can also see my ageing MR30 in the background ;)

I bought it new in 1984.

post-27144-1141963134.jpg

Edited by 66yostagea

Just so no one wrecks their stagea assuming the split is 0:100, this is incorrect. The normal torque split is 20:80 until you press the button, or the car loses traction on the rear.Then it applies equal torque split. There was a thread on this button AAAGGGEEESSSS ago and we all went into great detail about how the button works

• 2 weeks later...

apart from rust under drivers mirror there is a lot of like surface

rust underneath. not thick but thin. is this because of salt on the

roads or from the customs decontamination?

i saw an electronic anti rust gismo at ythe motor show.

will this fix it?

The rust you speak of probably means the car lived most of its life at a coastal area.. Unless if snow can be partially atributed??

A good idea with any fresh import is to have a professional detailer go crazy on it (light cut and polish etc).. Will come up a treat. And of course new engine/gearbox fluids are a must.

Edited by Drift_Limo

The rust you speak of probably means the car lived most of its life at a coastal area.. Unless if snow can be partially atributed??

A good idea with any fresh import is to have a professional detailer go crazy on it (light cut and polish etc).. Will come up a treat. And of course new engine/gearbox fluids are a must.

iamshe did the comp. all new fluids.

the rust i speak of is on the underside or the flor and rails etc.

any ideas

iamshe did the comp. all new fluids.

the rust i speak of is on the underside or the flor and rails etc.

any ideas

another thing. look at roof near the 5th door on pics.

wot r those clips for.

the normal spoiler seems ti

o fit on the top of the back door??????