SAU Community

2006 Skyline Nationals - For All Model Skylines

cazz

Well its official, we have Deca booked for the 20th Anniversary of the R31 for next year. I have not posted this in the upcomming events section, because this will be a national event. Global mods, feel free to post this on every upcomming events if you feel the need.

This is gonna be one huge event with Skylines of all makes and models welcome for this weekend. It is fully CAMS sanctioned, and is covered by all the nice things, like public liability, that a CAMS event offers us. It is being fully supported and funded by the NDSOC and myself. So if your pride and joy is not running, or in need of some TLC, you have almost a year to get it ready.

The event is being held over the whole weekend, so book your holidays now, and be there.

Registration is on Friday the 28th July, at the Shepparton Town Hall.

Show and Shine is at the Sheppartons Victoria Park Lake on Saturday the 29th July.

And we have a full track day at Deca, (Events are not yet finalised, but will probably include sprints, regularity events and the like) on Sunday the 30th July, and for those of you who don't want to do the track day, we have a nice sunday cruise to the wineries etc around the area.

Presentation dinner is on Sunday night, and trophies will be offered for first, and second places. Each model skyline will be covered, but it is an event in recognition of the 20th Anniversary of the only Aussie Skyline ever made, so that vehicle will be the premier attraction. We also have trophies for Best GTR, Best Engine bay, and Best paint.

We will have Skylines from the first Prince GT's to the R34. Please mark this date in your calender, and express your interest to [email protected]. This is our first skyline nationals, lets make it huge.

Edit**

Did the Shepparton run this weekend. What a fantastic place. We had an all day meeting with the Shepparton Council's events Manager (Mark, what a nice bloke), yesterday, and finalised venues for the presentation dinner, the show and shine, and accomodation. We are just waiting on final prices, and then we can confirm costings for everything. Accomodation is going to be very, very reasonable, and we have three types available, from cheap cheap, to just outrageous. Haha. The show and shine is gonna be huge, and we have almost 100 trophies to give away, so you have to be in it to win it. We wanna show the Shepparton car scene how we skyline people do it. And there is a massive car scene here. We sat in the Hotel restaurant just watching these guys "cutting laps" all night. They love anything with four wheels up there. I am very excited about this event, and after visiting Shepparton, and seeing how co-operative and welcoming the whole town is, I know it's just going to be a great weekend for all who can come along.

Thanks to Peeps (Libby), Acsplit (Andrew), Ejay and the Murano for all their help this weekend. It was a bit social with some work thrown in, but a good weekend was had by all (I think) in Shepparton. I am really, really excited about this event.

I really want SAU to come on board with this event, to make it bigger than Ben Hur. Mods, please don't delete my post again, because I feel that this one event will set the pace for a "Skyline Nationals" every 2 years. The NDSOC have Nissan nationals every two years that more than 300 people attend. There are a lot more skylines out there than Zeds, so lets co-operate, communicate and get it together please!! All SAU Members are covered by their CAMS affiliation for this event, so you don't need to join NDSOC either.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok everyone, I have entry forms available. They will be going out to the mailing list this weekend. Please go to www.skylinenationals.com to download your entry form. Look forward to seeing you all there, any questions, please ask, thats what I am here for.

For those of you with any questions or needing information about the 20th Anniversary of the R31 nationals in Shepparton this year, here is a link to the website for all of your information. Any questions, please ask. This site contains all the info you will require to book your accomodation and the event.

www.skylinenationals.com

• 3 weeks later...

Can a section Moderator please ask one of the Vic committee to pop this in the newsletter, and the upcomming events page. I would really appreciate it.

• 5 weeks later...

Have just been able to confirm that the Ex George Fury DR 30 race car, as well as Terry Ashwoods R32 GTR Ex Works car will be at the nationals. On top of all of that, we have the HR31 Replica Race car coming along as well. Early bird bookings close on the 31st of May, you will pay more after this date. You will also have to call the 1800 number on www.skylinenationals.com to book you accomodation, otherwise you will not be able to book, as we already have all the best accomoadtion venues booked for this event through the 1800 number.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys got 5 days to get your entry forms in to get the cheaper prices. Have also just confirmed - the Ex Gibson Motorsport Ex Factory works "BATHURST WINNING" R32 Winfield car is going to be at the nationals. That makes the trip worth while just to see this car, and the 2 HR31 Ex-Works cars that are going to be there.

You guys got 5 days to get your entry forms in to get the cheaper prices. Have also just confirmed - the Ex Gibson Motorsport Ex Factory works "BATHURST WINNING" R32 Winfield car is going to be at the nationals. That makes the trip worth while just to see this car, and the 2 HR31 Ex-Works cars that are going to be there.

G-day

The topic of the nationals was mentioned at last weeks AGM and from memory it was said

that we would be going up as a club for the show n shine on the saturday.

Do you know much about this?

As i dont know if i should put in a entry form or not..

either way is going to be a top weekend................ cheers

A show and shine for you guys is great, I have been talking to James about this, but need a heap more input on what you guys want to do. An entry form is still required, and prices are going up on the 1st of JUne, so will have to taklk to JAmes again asap.

Oh and yes your right, it's gonna be a top weekend. We got the whose who of the Nissan faithfull coming along to this.

A show and shine for you guys is great, I have been talking to James about this, but need a heap more input on what you guys want to do. An entry form is still required, and prices are going up on the 1st of JUne, so will have to taklk to JAmes again asap.

Oh and yes your right, it's gonna be a top weekend. We got the whose who of the Nissan faithfull coming along to this.

Thanks Cazz

i have got hold of the entry form so i will send it off Monday just to be safe

might bump in to ya up there................cheers

Bowie,,(RCHOO)

post-24801-1148736953.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just to bump this back up the list...

We will be running a cruise to Shepparton on the Saturday to check out the show 'n shine and say hello to everyone. Details up shortly - just trying to see what we can do to make the drive more exciting. The GV Hwy just doesn't cut the mustard some days :)

James

James, we are now opening Deca to all model cars, you can compete in all events for #$115.00 (Skidpan, Motorkhana and Track) or motorkhana and Skidpan for $55.00. Only requirement is a membership of a CAMS affiliated club. Entry forms are available at www.skylinenationals.com. If you want to see 4 Ex Nissan works race cars, (DR30, R32 Winfield GTR and the 2 HR31 race cars), then get your bums to SHepparton on the 28th - 30th July. Six weeks to go, and I doubt you will ever see these 4 cars in the one place ever again.

Need to get in touch with you shortly in relation to chicanes etc., for the Deca long track, mas your help would be invaluable in this area.

• 2 weeks later...