SAU Community

Team Trackday Reunion

Majanal

Hi Guys and Girls,

There has been some stirings in the shadows from a few of the original Team Trackday members and it seems that there might be enough interest to get a day going.

Of course this day, as was always the case way back when, was aimed at a few things, first was giving our cars a good old run around the track, fast as we felt was in our limits. The second was to get some of the more experienced guys in the car with the newbies to help with their lines and give them some pointers.

Of course there was always a few amber ales to be consumed after the day with the usual chit chat about how we blew away a V8, or did a PB, or just really had a heap of fun in a controlled environment.

The best turn out we ever had was 29 skylines... which was great for that day, however if we are going to run a day I would be looking at 60 cars to float the event... especially if we are going to Eastern Creek.

I may be able to scrounge a few from the drift freternaty if we need a few extras, but to see if we are even going to get close lets guage some interest here. Basic details are below.

Day: will most likely be a weekday, historically Thursdays, but we will see. reason is because it is so much cheaper during the week.

Cost: Depending on where we go I would be guessing that it would be around $200 to $250 allowing for inflation.

Other details to be firmed up as we go.

Also, ask any questions you like, I should be able to answer most of them I think.

Talk soon kids,

Dan.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Moto dropped off the scene last year, I went and purchased an $80 L2S licence + the $25 SAU Membership.

Private practice days at EC are $120 a day. They have been great. The next L2S day is Sat 25th Feb, but weekends are ridicules because there are 30-50 L2S's getting on the track at once. Last time I went I did not get any real track time, too many idiots and too many slow ass cars.

The next one after that is the 27th May, again another Sat. Im hoping EC will slot a couple of other in at late notice.

Only other option is a wakefield day?

I'll take annual leave just for this!

EC is the better option but to many slow cars (ie. N/A MR2's) out there is a problem.

Wakefield is a good option as SAU could hire out the track as a private function but the distance could be a deterant for some members.

Keen as mustard as the Cefiro should be track prep'd in a month :P

but can someone give me a rundown on what is required for a L2S cams license?! Does the car need to be checked....or simple as turning up on the day and purchasing one ($80)....

Cheers in advance dudes!

Edited by R33Deviat

purchase one now. you need to be a member of a cams affiliate club, then fill out the form on the cams website and send it in with your credit card details. they will post you the licence. i wouldnt wait to do it on the day, as you will need a club official there to do it.

You know........... The lack of trackdays organised through SAU has been a major factor in my putting off buying a "track bitch" for the past year...

I honestly hope this event takes off with a bang and Team Trackday is revived to it's full past glory :P

Come on you pompous little pansy prick pillow-biters!!! The "fully sik" cruises don't make me miss owning a Skyline, but regular track days DEFINITELY would!!

I'm keen for a run in my new sled.

Need to practice though,

NA sled auto @ 135kw, OP south 55.114,

Wakfield Park 1:16.523, Eastern Creek 1:59

TT sled man = 285kw. OP south ?? WP ?? EC ??

B)

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Haven't updated this is a while. -5 speed conversion is done. Then center console, parking brake handle, and mounting bracket can be adapted from a R34 since the S2 parts are all disco. Console is a slightly different grain pattern and color but works fine. R33/ R34 GTS (no booster) clutch pedal works as well as the matching master cylinder. Wiring is simple, jump the starter connector at the fuse box, note which wires are connected at which position on the auto neutral safety switch and cut off the switch harness and connect to the corresponding switch on the 5 speed. -Rear R34 rear subframe swap is completed. Full Nismo arm set, 2-way LSD set up soft, 322mm Brembo brakes, Ohlins Flag-R coil overs (need to drop the spring rate 1Kg) -RB swap is under way. HKS Step 2 High Response 2.8 BCD stroker kit / Step 2 V-Cam / GTIII 4R Kit I may not use the 4R kit but not sure yet as I've seen some pretty decent dyno sheets on it and it doesn't spool as slow as people think when you have v-cam. I have the wiring manual for the car and a spare 260RS harness so the wiring shouldn't be that bad but I just haven't had the time to invest in it. If anyone has a suggestion for someone who can handle it let me know! I have a bunch of spare 5mt swap parts and some Nismo 580 turbos if anyone needs/wants them hit me up. Located in California but willing to ship. As always, thanks to all the members who have answered my questions and helped this project keep moving!      
    • Did Car Inspect get back to you? How bad was the actual "structural" damage? What front surgery was required?
    • I would be, however the last PS I owned was a PS1 and the last GT I played was GT1 lol. Also, how do you dads even have time to do anything? I barely have time to even sleep 7 hours a night!
    • I was thinking of setting up a multiplayer comp. Just a series that anybody could join and we could run a table here.  Anybody interested in that?
    • Thanks - to be sure will the WHC34 work?  I can’t find the other one anywhere.  Thanks