SAU Community

Piggy Back And Ecu Tuning Discussion

AlexCim

Ok guys, just want to know what the hell is avaiable for my car regarding tuning.

Now, these are what i know of

- DFA only

- SITC and DFA

- Exh cam gear in the whole bundle

- Trust E-manage

- HKS Fcon V

- Unichip

- Daughterboard

Can anyone please post up what they intend to use and why. Also if they have a reason not to use another system, please explain why.

At the moment, I would prefer to use either a FconV, Daughterboard or Unichip. Can ANYONE please post up if they have any experiance with these, costs, tuning, availability etc. (I am in Melbourne)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys this is slightly off topic. I already have the DFA and IEBC and want to get a hold of a STIC. Any ideas how much a where from? Sorry again.

But on topic I would like to keep my standard ECU and use piggy backs if possible just for the fact that no matter how good an aftermarket ECU is if your wanting to keep all factory functions (espically for auto's) then your best bet is to stay with the factory managment and bend it if possible.

I know an ex-pat stagea owner Jay95R33 had a Unichip installed in his stagea, then he sold it to someone down in melbourne, but i can't remember who. I spoke to the guy who installed it, said it was a bitch but now he knows how to do it it's an alright job. performance would be similar to a Power FC he recons, but losing a bit for the auto box. only problem is it isn't tunable at home, you need to take it to a unichip dealer to get it dynoed/tuned if you upgade anything or just need some adjustments.

Lucky enough for me, APS who is the unichip AU dealer is about 10 minutes from here at work.

I am going to go speak with them today at lunch time.

AFAIk, Unichip only does fuel/ignition?

The guy whos bought his stagea i met last week, however, I dont know if he will know much as he bought the car like that. Like, if you buy a car, it could have forged internals for all you know (i hope that makes sense). Id rather talk to the person who did what first hand.

I got my (new) SITC off ebay - they come up often as 2ndhand items there, do a worldwide search as they are generally located in Japan or USA.

How about Autronics? The fella who runs that started Motec from what I understand, and my local tuners, being the Autronic agebt, have said for the money its a good compromise - but too expensive for me at this stage.

My stagea's dual EBC / SITC / SAFC combo is working well and is nicely tuned for 10 / 12psi, nothing wrong with it in my opinion. However we'll see how it goes once a hiflow turbo install has been performed............

I would rather prefer a single unit piggy back over a glovebox full of them, like SK has.

thats why i am trying to find a single unit that will suit.

In that case a Greddy Emanage would probably be the go. I would also like a single unit but seeing as mine already came with the IEBC and DFA I am really just trying to get my fuel consumption under control atm so I will put in a SITC and maybe upgrade from there in the future

I would rather prefer a single unit piggy back over a glovebox full of them, like SK has.

thats why i am trying to find a single unit that will suit.

Yes very true - mine is like SK's.

SITC and SAFC (both Apex'i) are in the glovebox, along with instructions, although the box is kept locked (sorry officer, I dont have a key, no idea whats in there!)

The dual stage EBC is in the coinbox above drivers right knee.

my emanage is working. i bought emanage ulitmate and the blue one. Now i have one spare. just make sure if you use emanage the tuning shop you take it to knows what they are doing. I had one guy blow my ultimate. He ended up paying for it though so it didnt bother me.

i havent used the blue emanage i am using the ultimate, my emanage is still in the box. At first it was a little bit of a headache, but eventually i found someone who knew their shit and got some really good results for me. It really helps when someone isnt just winging it.

now i am just waiting for a fresh computer to come from japan as sometimes it plays up because the first tuner i took it to slightly cooked the comp (set the jumpers wrong) - IDIOT. i had it checked out by a "professional" and ended up finding that was all that was wrong. so i got him to buy me another one.

as i have an auto i was restricted, but the emanage is not a bad unit. As i have said in my last post make sure if you get an emanage take it to someone who has done one before. That way you will have no problems. 666DAN helped me out heaps he has all the diagrams you need for the zener diodes that need to be put in so as to not cook the coils. (That defintately works by the way!)

if you dont have an auto on the other hand you would be an idiot to not get the power fc

well you are in the same boat as me then.

hoenstly all in all the emanage is pretty good unit. do some research in to it yourself go and speak to some tuners and find out if they have done any before.

You need GTR pedals, GTR slaves etc, you need to drop the engine out of the way to drill into the firewall. You understand all that right?

You can get a full manual built automatic box for 3-4k.

I had a powerFC...sold it to SK's son :D

Anyway, back on topic