SAU Community

Nismo Key

beastien

Does anybody know if the Nismo Keys that are gettin around fit a Stagea?

I asked Nengun, and they said they don't think it will cos the Stagea is similar to the ER34, not a definate answer so i thought someone on here would know for sure.

I've got a nismo key (blank) that l'm using for my other car, which supposedly fits most skyline's, so l'd be under the assumption it would be fine, as l can't see there being much difference between the stagea key barrell & the R33's.

Also, make sure whoever cuts it does a good job, as obviously replacing it will be a rather more expensive proposition!!!

I'd probably take it to a keycutter rather than your local hardware store who might cut maybe 2-3 keys a week...

It's not like you've just shelled out for a key that you could have bought directly from the cutter for $2 (or whatever a blank key costs nowadays).

Thats exactly what i'll be doing, they should be able to use the number off my original key, and punch it out on the nismo key, i've had that done before.

Much more acurrate than cutting with the grinder when they copy a key.

Mines still got the numbers on it ;)

Oh by the way, i emailed Greenline and they have confirmed that the Nismo key, that they and Nengun sell will fit the series 1 stagea, don't know about the series 2 though.

on the subject of keys, does anyone know how to program the chip in the key hob to enable remote locking?

i cut a blank nissan key to match the original for a spare. the hob of the key has 2 buttons: lock & unlock.

the newly cut key starts the engine fine (i was suprised!) and now I want to know how to program the chip in the key hob so remote locking works.

sometimes there is a bizarre sequence of actions like insert & remove key 5 times in 10 secs, open/shut door etc.

any suggestions?

My cousin had a key programmed for her N16 Pulsar, can't remember where she bought it, but had it programmed by a Nissan dealer.

It might be an idea to ring your local dealer and see if they can do it, surely the sequence can't be too different between models.

Also, I believe there are some places who cut keys who are also able to do the programming for you, if you still can't manage to find the sequence or process to do it yourself.

i only got one key with my car, and for some reason it's bent. it still starts the car, but i doubt i could get a key cut for it. some genious has ground off the numbers on the key as well.

to get a key cut fresh, i'm assuming i'll need to take the car to a dealer or locksmith for them to get a number off the ignition barrel?

I have been told that the transponder in the hob of the keys are exactly the same as patrol keys, so any half decent locksmith place should be able to program it for you.

Cool, interesting reading chook! Wonder if it works with aftermarket ECU's, eg PowerFC?

Meh still, when I got my Mongoose alarm hooked up, it disabled the key door lock/unlock from working, good thing I got two alarm keyrings :)

Thats exactly what i'll be doing, they should be able to use the number off my original key, and punch it out on the nismo key, i've had that done before.

Much more acurrate than cutting with the grinder when they copy a key.

Please note that size 10 keys have been discontinued.

Only some places still have the item in stock.

• 2 months later...

Its amazing what u find out about Stageas.

Only today i asked my local M10 for a spare key they said they could cut.

Now i've read this. Hmmmmm! The numbers have been ground off the only key supplied.

This whole Forum is getting like the X Files!

It's got me wondering why the numbers have been ground off the keys, Maybe a security issue in Japan or something, if someone gets the number they can get a key cut, very strange.