SAU Community

Found A Stagea For Sale..

timmmay

hey guys just stumbled accross this forum and thought i'd say hi!

i'm wanting to buy a stagea, and i've found one i really like at a place called motovation imports on the gold coast

here are some details on the one i'm looking at...

Vehicle 1998 series 2 NISSAN STAGEA RS4

Price $26,000 *

Kilometres 38,000

Body 5 door 5 seat Wagon

Colour WHITE PEARL

Transmission 4 speed Automatic

Drive type 4WD

Engine 6 cylinder Petrol Intercooled Turbo 2.5L (2498cc)

it's got a body kit on it too, as you can see by the pics :blink:

i took it for a test drive and it drives beautifully...just waiting on finance approval and then it's all mine :D

what do u guys think of it?

post-25858-1136763429.jpg

post-25858-1136763491.jpg

post-25858-1136763659.jpg

post-25858-1136763683.jpg

Edited by timmmay

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sent the carsales link of that car to Alex last night funnly enough, both of us agreeing it was a damn nice car!!

Good luck if u do get it, its got an awesome looking front bar on it!!

i'm wanting to buy a stagea, and i've found one i really like at a place called motovation imports on the gold coast

Vehicle  1998 NISSAN STAGEA RS4

Price  $26,000 *

Kilometres  38,000

Body  5 door 5 seat Wagon

Colour  WHITE PEARL

Transmission  4 speed Automatic

Drive type  4WD

Engine  6 cylinder Petrol Intercooled Turbo 2.5L (2498cc)

it's got a body kit on it too, as you can see by the pics :blink:

i took it for a test drive and it drives beautifully...just waiting on finance approval and then it's all mine  :D

I bought mine from Motivation - found them to be a good bunch of guys to deal with. My SII Stagea is the same (see photo). The car has proven to be exactly as they described it, and I have not had a spot of bother with it.

Regards,

Marc2

post-18577-1136765246.jpg

haha tru...yeah it's awesome i'm so keen to get it :blink:

they are a great bunch of guys, we sat in graham's office for about an hour talking about it and the finance etc, he even got his finance guy on the phone direct so i got to go through everything with him....very professional service!

they've got another one coming (already sold) which has the same kit on it and they're apparently going to get a mould of it while the car is being complianced, so this kit should be available in the near future :D

how much did u pay for yours marc2? as far as i know the price isn't too bad

With series 2's prices at the moment - it seems to come down to kms, condition and features that will put them anywhere now from $20,000 to $28,000... so at $26,000 you are at the higher end... but if the kms are genuine (got complete sequentially dated service books??) and its in pefect nic with that bodykit thats an ok price - I might ave bargained it a tad cheaper - hey but if it was me and they wouldnt budge on price Id stil have been happy to pay $26,000 for that one you've got there - so dont worry about the cheaper prices going around and just get on with loving the car!... good luck with it - congrats!!

yeah fergo... the market is definitely different in each state... as i said in one of the other threads about the cheap series 2's going over here in WA... there's just not a strong a market over here so the prices are low to get the sales - in qld they'll be a bit higher around mid 20 thous, and in NSW the price seems to be higher again going by the dealer ads there... however - without knowing the particularls of your car - even for a low km 2000 model $37,000 seems somewhat steep (seeings even a private sale 260RS can be had for mid to high 30s)... but hey - as i said a few posts above - if it was worth it to you then thats all that matters and u just move on with owning and loving it! :P

Edited by Brazen

Looks very nice, did you look at the manual one they have there?

Vehicle  1998 NISSAN STAGEA RS4

Price  $26,000 *

Kilometres  38,000

Body  5 door 5 seat Wagon

Colour  WHITE PEARL

Transmission  4 speed Automatic

Drive type  4WD

Engine  6 cylinder Petrol Intercooled Turbo 2.5L (2498cc)

it's got a body kit on it too, as you can see by the pics :P

i took it for a test drive and it drives beautifully...just waiting on finance approval and then it's all mine  :)

haha tru...yeah it's awesome i'm so keen to get it :mellow:

they are a great bunch of guys, we sat in graham's office for about an hour talking about it and the finance etc, he even got his finance guy on the phone direct so i got to go through everything with him....very professional service!

they've got another one coming (already sold) which has the same kit on it and they're apparently going to get a mould of it while the car is being complianced, so this kit should be available in the near future :(

how much did u pay for yours marc2?  as far as i know the price isn't too bad

Same mileage as yours, including bodykit but some 8 mths ago when SII were still a little on the scarce side. I paid just a tad more than $26,000.

Regards,

Marc2

Hey Tim, Thats the one I'm Buying!!!!!! Just waiiting on the finance to come through with jason.

Looks very nice, did you look at the manual one they have there?

I took the manual & the white on for a test drive last wed. The manual has a slipping clutch, minor rust spots around the doors, a small clunck in the back end when you take off, & the back seat rests are loose, you can wobble them about 20cm! overall it was just not as nice as that white one.

Techno - are you the guy from toowoomba they were talking about? lol looks like i've got some competition :rofl:

I did look at the manual but didn't take it for a drive coz I wasn't really interested...my partner doesn't have a manual licence anyway so she didn't want it.

I'm waiting to hear back from Jason too...did you put a deposit on the car at all?

I took the manual & the white on for a test drive last wed. The manual has a slipping clutch, minor rust spots around the doors, a small clunck in the back end when you take off, & the back seat rests are loose, you can wobble them about 20cm! overall it was just not as nice as that white one.

I do not want to bag any dealers, but don't these cars have less then 40K's on the clock???

Make sure YOU are happy the KM's are genuine