SAU Community

Huge Boost Creep

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Andru, you'll never take the piss outta me when you make yourself look like a silly ass with each post you make here :laugh:

wat ever makes u sleep at night.

how bout being useful and get rid of the junk you and the others said about the exhaust? and useless jabber u caused

VB-, if your just going to be a parrot, go to the wasteland.

To date you've offered nothing useful to this thread other that repeating everyone else in the thread because you don't know anything on the subject.

hey try this on for size f*ck head. im with andrew every time he goes to RE, i know what is going on with the car, and i have to be a parrot coz clearly you cant f*cking read. how many times has it been mentioned that the gate was detoured to eliminate it as a possibility

Edited by VB-

So your his gay lover or something? Anyway.

I'll wait for Ray to post back, he is the one doing the work on the car and can comprehend technical concepts that you guys are lacking.

maybe you should retract that statement and take up reading classes.

id defiantly take that over technical concepts.

honestly though ash cut the bs. you know you were talkn shit...and honestly i dont give a f*k nemore but do u mind cleaning this thread up?

at least no one will no u f*ked up....

and i promise not to tell anyone.

deal?

Edited by R34NRG

omfg i asked like 8 times and still noone has told me, how does a restrictive exhaust cause boost creep with an atmo gate? please, im useless and have no mod powers, will you please educate me.

omfg i asked like 8 times and still noone has told me, how does a restrictive exhaust cause boost creep with an atmo gate? please, im useless and have no mod powers, will you please educate me.

HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH THATS MY SIG BIATCH

I detect drunk users with Sat night fever - LoL.

Andru - I too use one of Kyles manifolds and a 44mm gate (long story) Could you please explain how your gate exits the collector? Did you get the m.fold with a small stub of pipe, and another radius bend to weld on yourself? How far is the gate from the collector; is it mounted close (on top) or have you done a 900 bend, having the gate a lot lower?

Assuming you have a run of the mill 6boost manifold, he's had countless 350-400rwkw customer cars, plus a dood i knows 800rwhp setup.

Before install pics, would be great!

Edited by GeeTR

yeah his manifold has one small stub plus the extra bit welded on, which i believe was a 90 degree bend almost straight down.

i think im the only one with pics of the motor before it went into the car and unfortunately u cant see the gate in any of em

I see, cheers Ray!

I was going to flare that steam pipe out and fit a 50mm nice and low like that (late decision change) Kyle couldn't guarantee it wouldn't over boost though...

The only other 6boost manifold Iv personally seen and witnessed with a low gate, uses a 50mm; prolly doesn’t mean much, just saying.

There are a LOT of Jap and local made manifolds that are setup exactly the same as in the pic, so like you say, wouldn’t think its the setup.

Odd.

Mine was similar, different merge collector to what he uses (mine was nismo), but same thing off the join where the runners/collector was as mine was low mounted turbo & gate, even less room than your working with and it was ok also

A crazy person once thought of using an extraction fan like used at cramped dynos, on the WG take off, wastegate removed.

This increased flow, could show u if its indeed, the m.fold inability to bleed away the appropriate gases, thats teh issue. :P

dont jump on me, but i only skim read the whole thread.. but i didn't see anybody say anything about the pipe FROM the WG.

1 got a 3040 with a 45 turbentics WG which gave me heaps of issues until i got my head around it. Feeding the WG is a 40 IDmm pipe from the collector. I originally had a 40mm dump screamer.. all worked well. When i plumbed it back into the exhuast, things went crazy.. like heaps of overboost.

I PM'ed everybody and nobody had a clue.. so i trialed and errored! I finally found that i needed a bigger dump from the WG. I ran a heap of sizes.. 42, 45, 48 and now 50mm. It made no sence until i talked to a speedway guru who has a 26/30 turbo setup.

He said this.. Low boost causes the biggest WG issues (in bigger HP situations). It means you NEED to bypass heaps more exhaust gass. Higher boost doesn't require as much gas bypass. simple enough..

But, he went onto say that the gas coming from the WG is tumbling, not flowing.. when you join it back into the system that already has some back pressure, that causes flow reversion against the WG. That will slow up the flow though the WG. All bad! Wack on a bigger WG dump pipe and all smoothens out, due to the tumbling flow now having space to actually flow..

This may not be the actual science behind his thoery.. but it worked a treat for me!

Edited by psi

This may not be the actual science behind his thoery.. but it worked a treat for me!

yeh ur right buddy in this occasion it wont work, because we've actually taken off the wastegate completely and it was still boosting...so its nothing after the WG...its something before it...which is the manifold or the adapter...

look at it this way....

its only a low boost issue so it wont bother andru when he's street racing through peoples front yards...

:D

hahahahha more jokes from hamish....wheres ur best friend andy.........dickhead

IS it a built motor with headwork and cams? My guess at this stage, is:

A .86 ex housing is a little small for an rb30det, and if it has cams etc, that would make it worse

A 44mm gate is a little on the small side if you are trying to run low boost.

Ivve seen this same problem on Todd Wilkes 1400hp Gicottolo, boost was going off the dial with the wastegate valves installed backwards it had twin gt35r .86's(if i remember correctly) twin 50mm wastegates on a built 5.8. The night between qualifying and comp at summernats we pulled the turbos off and machined the ex housings 1.5mm(and wired in an autronic) Fixed the boost control.

Well i just completed my rb30det build: Poncams, head porting, ETM manifold (similar to 6boost), GT30R 0.82a/r INTERNALLY GATED. I have no issues with boost creep and i'm sure a 44mm external gate flows more air than my internal gate.

Here are a couple of pics; the first is my engine setup, showing the ETM manifold and the second shows my boost curve (solid blue line) with only the actuator controlling boost.

post-1811-1208677073_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1208677160_thumb.jpg