SAU Community

Sr20det Compaired With Rb20det

At what rpm... I am willing to bet the rb20 has more torque at high rpm and the sr.

rb20

Max power 158kW @ 6400rpm

Max torque 265Nm @ 3200rpm

sr20 (from a s13)

Max power 151kW @ 6000rpm

Max torque 274Nm @ 4000rpm

the sr has more torque at higher rpm. and it is only the peak power of the rb20 that is higher. they are probably pretty close in power at 6000rpm where the sr flattens off and the rb keeps going for another 400rpm.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't really expecting a response. lol :D

I wasn't actually thinking about peak torque rpm but rather the torque made at the rb20's peak power.

In order for the rb20 to hold its power at a higher rpm it will be making more torque at high rpm than the sr.

So 'generally' better suited to constant high rpm use.

As we know low/mid range torque makes the car really nice to drive on the street and is great for drift.

'Generally' the rb20 with its short stroke holds its power for longer after peak power is made.

This is especially usefull for those corners where third is too long and second is just that little too short.

But yes.. as I said I didn't intend on it to become a disussion.......................................................................

<bhdave how many dots?>

......................I dont care who is quickest, it will be fun to line up the cars and have a laugh at GTR owners munching gearboxes, R32 GTSt owners crying about nursing gearboxes and R33 owners complaining about wheelspin the whole track with only 180rwkws :)

soo true there.

but then it brings up the question or problem is it better to put an rb25 gearbox in an rb20 powered car, or put and rb25 engine in as well or just fark it and but an r33 and put an r32 shell over the top. might be a good idea if you have the money :S :D

People who put RB25s in R32 GTSts are the same sorts of people who would sleep with their girfriend's mates. If you put an RB26 in it, at least you have the excuse that she is a good sort :D

People who put RB25s in R32 GTSts are the same sorts of people who would sleep with their girfriend's mates. If you put an RB26 in it, at least you have the excuse that she is a good sort :P

;)

I guess the euphamism for sticking RB20's in S13 chassis would be along the lines of being the same sorts of people who like dating their mates 40year old mum.

She goes given enough poke, but she's high maintainence, bit creaky and it's easier to just slip it to the dopey 20year old daughter who's 2 short of a six pack but the job done. :D

• 4 weeks later...
is it better to put an rb25 gearbox in an rb20 powered car, or put and rb25 engine in as well

cant afford the latter but considering the first - since you guys know what you are talking about it - question:

do they bolt strait in?

(i have r32 gtst and have had to pull gearbox out 3 times now so starting to think about options)