SAU Community

Sau:nsw Official Wakefield Trackday 2010 - Full

S13Deviat

********** UPDATE - RESERVES LIST NOW PROVIDED DOWN BELOW **********

EVENT IS FULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVENT IS FULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVENT IS FULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVENT IS FULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

************************* UPDATE 10/06/2010 ***********************

SAU Members & Guests, advance notice that this event will be opened up to other clubs within the next few days!!

Please ensure to get your entries in ASAP, otherwise you may miss out! For those people who have been holding out and waiting, well now is the time, get in before the spots are taken!

SAUWAKEYLOGO.jpg

:(Well hold your excitement back, here it is!!!!

The one everyone has been asking for, Wakefield Raceway is ours for a day of motorsport. :huh:

As usual everyone is welcome, especially newbies.

We structure this day, officially, as a driver training day. This is a great opportunity for newbs to go out with instructors at the beginning to get some tips, then proceed to attack the track on their own for the rest of the day! There will always be a few of experienced track heads on hand to jump in and give you a few pointers at any time.

The attraction for the experienced track peeps is pure track time. We limit the day to 48 cars which means heaps of track time. You should end up with at least 5-6 sessions on the day, all going to plan :)

Now for the important news:

• We will be running 4 groups of 12 cars - May be changed to 5 groups

• No official timing at all! This is a driver training day with passengers allowed :O

• The session length is approx 12 - 15 minutes and we will be keeping track of this with a stopwatch at the gate.

• We would like to have everyone arrive by 8am and get signed on and car/driver checked by 8:45am AT THE LATEST! The more you 'phfaf around' the later the day kicks off = Less track time :(

• Scrutineering 8am - 8:40am. The scruitineering will be done in the twin garage out the back of the sheds, closest to the road. If you camp in that shed to set up your car we will kick you out, so please don't use this :kiss: . Two lines, noobs to the left, the rest to the right. Bring your helmet and what you will be wearing on the track as all this needs to pass scruitineering too.

• Drivers briefing which will be at 8.45am

• First session will aim to start at 9.00am SHARP and the last session to end at 4pm

Licenses - AASA & CAMS accepted, but you can also organise on the day a Wakefield license ($50) valid for 12 months

Costs

• $180 per driver for members

• $200 per driver for non-members

• $20 for passangers - WE WILL BE TAKING CASH ON THE DAY!!!! Registered passangers will be issued a wristband as well & checked before entering the track!!! Someone on the day will have the list of paid passangers and issuing wristbands. ALL PASSENGERS MUST NOT BE YOUNGER THAN 17

Payment / Registering - Cutoff is 13th of July to allow for funds to transfer and be confirmed.

IMPORTANT - Follow these instructions please.

1. Make your deposit to:

Bank - NAB

Branch - Marrickville

Account name - Skylines Australia NSW

BSB - 082 356

Account number - 546 393 766

Please put your user name in the description & reference the event ... ie. S13deviat - Wakey

2. Post in this thread

Cut and paste this into your post:

Full Name:

Car Type:

Newb or not:

Most recent lap time if not newb (can be another track if necessary but make sure you mention which one):

# of Drivers:

# of Passengers & Name:

Quite simple, if you are paying for yourself (member) + 1 passanger you would transfer $200 and indicate in your post as per below:

# of Drivers: 1

# of Passengers & Name: 1 - Joe Blow

If you are just a passenger:

# of Drivers: 0

# of Passengers & Name: 1

Things to take note of:

1. DRIVERS & PASSENGERS will need a helmet, full length sleeves, full length pants and proper shoes.

***NB*** Helmets can be hired on the day for $20 & a $50 returnable deposit or credit card. They hold about 15 helmets.

2. Fire extinguishers are NOT mandatory but I/WE strongly advise to have one correctly mounted anyway. My theory is an extinguisher is a bit like a condom...... I'd rather have one and not need it, than be in a situation when you need it, and not have one :ninja:

3. Bleed your brakes before you come unless you have done it in the last 6 months. Check for at least 50% meat on your pads while you're at it.

4. Add an extra 1/2 to full litre of oil before you take it out on the track. Protect those bearings.

5. MOST IMPORTANTLY ................ HAVE A BLOODY GOOD TIME :):)

There is plenty of time between now and this day, so no excuse to start fixing your nuggets, pride n joys, save some moula and get out there!!!!

Accomodation

This is in everyones own hands to organise. Cabins on the track are great and cost $60 PER PERSON PER NIGHT. Otherwise there is GOOGLE :P

Reserves List - If any of the 48 drivers can't make it of have to pull out, please notify us and the people listed here for sale of your position.

1. Allan - Hammer (MX5)

2. Mccready - Taken Aggroman spot

3. Ravenoak - Taken GTRsean spot

Drivers List:

Your name will not appear on here until funds have been recieved, so its not in order of posts, FIRST PAID, BEST DRESSED! I will update the list as payments are recieved and details confirmed on posts here!

1. FloydWestwood (David Keane)

2. Deano45 (Nathan Dean)

3. Duncan (Duncan Handley)

4. TiTAN (Steven Welsh)

5. Sean W (Sean Watkins)

6. MBS206 (Matt Sullivan) + 1 passenger

7. Benm (Ben Martin)

8. Dave074 (David Osbourne) + 1 Passenger

9. Pezhead (Eric Yamashita)

10. GTRSean (Sean Lloyd)

11. Liz (Liz Corr) + 1 passenger

12. NISMO (Bobby)

13. Andymoocow (Andy Metcalf)

14. Andymoocow Senior (Mr Metcalf)

15. Wizard (Ron Lea)

16. ZCR (Zane Robertson) +1 Passenger

17. Shell (Ray Dean)

18. BOZ22N (Ryan Boslem)

19. mrmoo (Mitchell King)

20. chris06r (Chris Larmour)

21. lanky71 (Drew Withey)

22. J34 (Jason Swavley) +1 Passenger

23. DriftGTS (James Westhorp)

24. EJD001 (Michael Dalziel)

25. Deano45 (Lachlan Cook)

26. ports (Wayne Prenter)

27. Duncan (Mark Waugh)

28. Black Beast (Robert Carnevale)

29. akajonz (Ninam Shah aka Eddie) + 1 Passenger

30. visconti (Denny Juwono)

31. jaydm (Nicki Sutisna) + 1 Passenger

32. Aphex (Luke Harrison) + 2 Passengers

33. Sheldonkurtz (Sheldon Kurtz)

34. Aggroman (David Milano)

35. Shell (Michelle Frawley)

36. a20089 (Jon Sykes)

37. Mr.V (Ben McLean)

38. sti han (Han Xiong)

39. Mainyard (Tim Maynard)

40. Turismo (Reece McIntosh)

41. morerevs (Daniel Inder)

42. Kel (Kel Handley)

43. Cassbo (Matt Cass)

44. mj370 (Mark Joung)

45. tk80 (Trent Kennedy)

46. JMKC (Jeremy Coe)

47. Tonba (Alex King)

48. mykk (Michael Zomaya)

Passengers List:

1. Monique Peters (MBS206)

2. Melissa Meins (Melly)

3. Tom (liz)

4. Antonia Glezakos (J34)

5. Mark A Kelly (mark.k92)

6. Jonathan Welsh (reaper1721)

7. Jonathan (akajonz)

8. Josip (jaydm)

9. Jean Page (Aphex)

10. Andy Page (Aphex)

11. Nathan Cantore (Chris-06R)

12. Alex Gillies (Dave074)

13. Geoff Wyatt (Wizard)

14. Gordon Chan (Gordoskyline)

15. Stephen King (Tonba)

16. TBC (mykk)

17. David Inder (morerevs)

I will update the list on entrants / passengers as often as possible once payment is seen in the SAU account. We are aiming to do a weekly update. So please allow a few days for your name to appear on the list

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full Name: Nathan Dean

Car Type: R33 GTR

Newb or not: newb

Most recent lap time if not newb (can be another track if necessary but make sure you mention which one):

# of Drivers:1

# of Passengers & Name:0

Been hanging to do one of these, now that my car is ready.

Funds have been transferred.

Can we get a wakefield license on the day or can this be purchased beforehand?

AASA & CAMS accepted, but you can also organise on the day a Wakefield license ($50) valid for 12 months

As for scrutineering, a check list of things we will be looking for as follows:

- Tyres (No bald tyres accepted)

- Brake lights

- No leaks

- Engine Bays (Battery secured)

- Absolutley no loose objects in the car at all, including boot!!! So no doof doof subs allowed, Cd cases, coins, etc, anything!

- Seat belts / harness

- Brake Pedal Pressure

- Clothing and helmets

If work isn't sticking a pineapple into my buttocks ill be there for sure, Hopefully Ill find out in time to reserve a spot, I would hate to miss out on this trackday if there was a chance I would be in the Sydney area.

I like the fact that Wakefield has good run off and is one of the safer tracks around.

Full Name:Sean Watkins

Car Type: R33 GTS-T

Newb or not: umm, i still feel pretty newb but its not my first track day

Most recent lap time if not newb: 1:20.176

# of Passengers & Name: Not yet, will pay separately later if i do.

Full Name:David Keane

Car Type: r33 gtst

Newb or not: not newb

Most recent lap time if not newb (can be another track if necessary but make sure you mention which one): not timed around EC, but I goto alot of L2S days

# of Passengers & Name: 0

does the no doof doof rule apply if it is a moulded fibreglass install that bolts to the body of the car?

also what about WMI tanks/pumps in the boot? i run a 51% water to 49% meth mix, in that state its a non flamible liquid.

In regards to boots, common sense prevails. If it's bolted down, moulded in and would not move during track work, then its fine. Its more the 'free standing' subs that are using double sided velcro, chains, hockey straps that we are talking about!

So Owen & Titan you are fine! :cool:

Full Name:David Osborne

Car Type:R33 GTST

Newb or not:Newb

# of Passengers & Name:0

AASA & CAMS accepted, but you can also organise on the day a Wakefield license ($50) valid for 12 months

As for scrutineering, a check list of things we will be looking for as follows:

- Tyres (No bald tyres accepted)

OH NOEZ *runs and cuts grooves into slicks*

Full Name:Andrew Greentree

Car Type:R33 GTST

Newb or not:Newbish

Most recent lap time if not newb (can be another track if necessary but make sure you mention which one): 1:17ish on streeties :(

# of Passengers & Name:1 - Prudence Stephenson

il get the SAU NSW membership forms sent in next week and then do the wakie payment or do you just want it as one payment?

2 payments is easier for the guys who look at the bank account :(