SAU Community

Boost Restrictor On Std Gtr

my_gtr32

Hi, I am confused. My r32 gtr has the restictor olives removed when I bought the car. They came to me in a plastic bag.

I know one goes in the hose with the yellow band fitted to the boost controller, but where the hell does the second one go. I have two olives in the bag. I have never heard any mention of a second one. Most guys simply remove the one near the boost controller and get 1 Bar boost. My gtr is making slightly more than 1 Bar and getting boost creep high in the rev range with standard ceramic turbos! Not good.

Can anyone tell me where the other olive goes. I want to try and refit it and see if that drops the boost a bit.

Thanks

yeah the other restrictor goes on a hose at bottom of plenum right at the back really difficult to get too. The hose runs off plenum and goes down and joins back onto hard piping joined to block there should be a yellow band still around hose

hope this helps & good luck

Thanks for the info. I had a look last night, that hose in imposible to get to.

The funny thing is, I can feel a buldge in the pipe at the plenum end. It's hard if I squeze on the pipe, so I think it is still in place. Are there any more restrictors in the boostlines? I have two olives spare so they must have come from somewhere. They were removed when a Powerchip was installed.

I know a guy who has a complete gtr engine currently sitting on a pallet in his garage. I will take a close look on Monday.

yeah the other restrictor goes on a hose at bottom of plenum right at the back  really difficult to get too. The hose runs off plenum and goes down and joins back onto hard piping joined to block there should be a yellow band still around hose

hope this helps & good luck

• 4 months later...